Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 85122 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #330 on: July 9, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I noticed that the GH page said that their figures were obtained via Entertainment Earth, which makes me believe that they got theirs early, and that these aren't shipping yet.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 9, 2006, 10:38 PM »
****... I hope they don't ship soon, I haven't even seen Tatooine Wave yet! With all the VTSC, Hoth Vaders, And Holo Mundis clogging my Target's pegs, I doubt I'll even see Endor at all.

:-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 9, 2006, 10:49 PM »
I noticed that the GH page said that their figures were obtained via Entertainment Earth, which makes me believe that they got theirs early, and that these aren't shipping yet.

Good. I'm driving from NC to PA later in the week and don't want to be tempted to to stop at every Target and WM I pass. :-[
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 9, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Well if they were found in NC, it would figure. The two weeks I'm out west would be the ones in which the Carolinas get hit.  ::)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2006, 10:23 AM »
The removable helmet on the gunner is definitely a nice surprise.  I'm not sure how I feel about all the Jango heads either, but it is a neat feature.  I was wondering if these have actually "hit" retail or not as well.  I just got caught up for the first time in a long time on Friday, so it felt like a bit of a relief.  Of course, I wouldn't mind if the Endor wave started showing up either I guess - looking forward to the Gunner, 3PO, Chirpa, and Jerjerrod.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 12:24 PM by Brian »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2006, 12:25 PM »

Toymaniacs has had the wave listed for sale for a few days now.  E-tailers seem to be getting their orders.  It's somewhat surprising to see these showing up there and not at the big brick and mortar outlets first, since those accounts usually command the earliest shipments.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Has there been any other sighting since Pawles'?

Nope, not that I'm aware of, but with them hitting EE, it'll be no time here...  Part of me is happy, part of me would rather see more Tat Wave for a while.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Well as for me, I've being seeing the Tatooine wave for weeks and weeks now. It's a great wave and all, but I'm sick of it.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 10, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Well as for me, I've being seeing the Tatooine wave for weeks and weeks now.

You're lucky.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2006, 04:14 PM »
Well as for me, I've being seeing the Tatooine wave for weeks and weeks now.

You're lucky.

It seems like I've been seeing them for months!

*Roton thinks this post will annoy HOTP*
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2006, 06:17 PM »
Tatooine's been spotty, huh? I still keep hearing people say they've never seen the wave yet. :( I went out on June 1 to look for them, and found them all just like that. Money's a nightmare right now, so I could gladly wait a while for Endor. But if it hits, I'll be chasing Chirpa and Threepio, no doubt!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2006, 11:24 PM »
At the moment the Tat Wave isn't spotty here by a longshot.  Every retailer has them but Target.  Target's still lingering with Dofine's, Gummi Mundi's, and H&V...  Oh and Vaders of all kinds including some from the Tat Case but only Vader remains of that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Here's hoping the Gunner shows up on ebay overseas in quantity and a decent price so I can buy my dozen that way and not have to worry about the "hunt".

And to clarify an earlier post, I love removable helmet, I hate that Hasbro decided to ruin the OT by putting in the face of PT.  If anything it should be that bearded guy in all the 'behind the scenes' photos.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:33 PM by Paul »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2006, 06:08 AM »
Hey, you guys need to stop all the fussing about the Gunner's helmet being "liftable", 'cause you're really hurting poor Adam Pawlus's feelings:

I saw much complaining about the Death Star Gunner's removable helmet around the web after we got to announce it here. Wow. Some people must really have awesome lives. Me, I've got other things to worry about so I guess I must've been blind to what a horrible thing Hasbro did by adding extra play value, detail, and accessories to a figure which could've just been a straight repack of a sculpt from 1996. I truly must work on my priorities.

Hah.  This coming from a guy who's spending time every day writing up a crappy, daily (usually glowing) review of some figure that's 5 - 10 years old that no one gives a rat's ass about anymore?!?  Sheesh.  Pawlus is quickly approaching Phillip Wise territory with his "get a life" comments and attitude these days.  What an arrogont (and hypocritical) jackass.  ::)

I'll have to see this figure myself before basing any opinions on it.  I certainly have no interest in Gunners with liftable helmets, since there was obviously no such thing in the OT, but I guess it's a cool added feature, as long as it doesn't detract from the actual sculpt of the figure when it's in the down position (which is what remains to be seen, I guess).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:15 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #344 on: July 12, 2006, 06:24 AM »
I don't necessarily care for the idea that "everybody's Jango" underneath their clothes, either--but I don't see how adding more features and play value into a figure is a bad thing. 

What's great about a figure with a removable helmet is that--guess what--you don't ever have to take the helmet off, if you don't want to.  But for the people who do want to, it's kind of a neat little Easter Egg, if that terminology applies to action figures.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."