Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352276 times)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #675 on: April 11, 2007, 03:42 PM »
So according to the latest reports, there will be Cinema Sets featuring Hoth and Naboo themes.  Great, now I have to pay $25 for the wampa and tauntaun I'm missing...no thanks.

:o :o A QUI-GON Maybe? Finally? :P
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 13, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Wow, has anyone gone to the TRU site and looked at the preliminary description for the Naboo set?  Its hype-up text is very careful to "casually" mention Anakin taking cover in an N-1.  It also very clearly states that it both requires and comes with 3 batteries!!! 

My only conclusion is that this set will include a re-release of the old Playskool N-1, but with sounds this time!  So awesome (thought I must admit I think my 3-yr old plays with his N-1 more than his X-wing specifically because it is much lighter for not having electronics).

I kinda doubt they'll give us the Qui-Gon or Jar-Jar we so obviously want, since there will probably only be a few characters anyway.  At this point, I'm just hoping for a (battle damaged?) beige TF battledroid without the yellow commander markings, and maybe bringing back that cloth tunic for Maul since I passed on that 2-pack.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 13, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Wow, a naboo ship would shock the snot out of me- It is the only ship I'm missing, so that would be too cool.
If they made a snowspeeder for the hoth set, it would rock. Not as much as a GH AT-AT, but still, very cool.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 13, 2007, 05:37 PM »
Scratch my pessimism on Qui Gon and Jar-Jar.  They are also both carefully worked into the little hype-up narrative:

"Trouble comes to the peaceful planet of Naboo! Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi fight the powerful Sith apprentice Darth Maul in the Royal Hanger, while a Battle Droid is surprised by Jar Jar Binks' antics. Young Anakin Skywalker takes cover in a Naboo fighter then helps save the day with his great piloting skills!"

- N-1 Fighter (w/ batteries!)
- Obi-Wan
- Little Pilot Ani
- TF Battle Droid
- Darth Maul
- Qui-Gon
- Jar-Jar

If that comes true, again, what a great set!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 05:38 PM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #679 on: April 13, 2007, 06:24 PM »
I didnt buy any of the previous sets, i would buy this one if that was the line up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #680 on: April 13, 2007, 06:32 PM »
Single carded Galactic Heroes figures?  Has anyone heard anything about these?

From this week's Q&A -

3. Also from the recent news pile, pictures popped up this week of single carded Galactic Heroes figures. How and when will these be available? Summer conventions? Are they exclusives?

**These will be available through some of our non-mass-based retailers - Family Dollar and Big Lots. These figures will be 100% repack figures from prior 2-packs (no new deco), but figures who are not in the current Galactic Heroes lineup.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 13, 2007, 11:36 PM »
So when does this naboo set come out?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42 AM »
I was curious, I saw awhile back that there were a few sightings of the Han/Boussh, Luke/Vader, Royal Guard/Imp Gunner, and Walrusman/Snaggletooth wave - but how many of you have been seeing these at retail?  It seems like the Galactic Heroes are drying up a little bit around here (and selling out), and there hasn't been any sign of these yet.  Target is always often sold out, TRU just has three packs or so sitting on a shelf, and Wal-Mart is packed with older packs.  No big deal, its not like I couldn't use the break anyways, but I was curious if this newer wave ever did hit widespread.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 17, 2007, 11:40 AM »
I've been searching high and low for them ever since I heard they were spotted a few weeks back and have had no luck - same with the new TAC vehicles and most of the tites.  They've just kinda dried up all together for some reason.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 17, 2007, 11:54 AM »
I've yet to see this wave up here, although the Cinema Scenes have just now shown up at TRU, so I think it may just be a case of Canadian shipments being behind the US again.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 17, 2007, 08:59 PM »
$20 bucks for a Qui-Gon & Jar Jar!!!?
Atleast I'm new to GH. Sucks for everyone else.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 18, 2007, 09:56 AM »
    No sign of the new wave around Madison , WI.  and I check Wal-mart and Target a couple times a week looking for McStormmie.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 18, 2007, 12:06 PM »
$20 bucks for a Qui-Gon & Jar Jar!!!?
Atleast I'm new to GH. Sucks for everyone else.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty iffy on the cinema scenes, in general.  So far, I think a lot of people have been in the position of being able to back-fill a nice collection from them... but for a line that already operates out of often inconvenient 2-packs, it's about to get very annoying in a hurry. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 18, 2007, 12:55 PM »
I stopped by Target this morning and found 1 each of the newest wave, aside from the Vader and Luke pack.  I was kind of surprised that of the four packs, that was the one that was missing.  Anyways, nice to find something new.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #689 on: April 20, 2007, 05:41 PM »
I dont see the light saber 2pk's on the list. ? ...
He's no good to me open