Author Topic: 2024 HasLab - TVC Project, Coming Soon!  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC Project, Coming Soon!
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2024, 12:41 PM »
That sums up my thoughts too.  I'm not 100% convinced this is an actual image of an actual leak, but what do I know.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2024, 07:17 PM »
Man, Hasbro's marketing department is an absolute clown show!  Patrick probably had a good laugh about this one at least.

As far as the set.  I do like it, looks fairly modular and should be able to fit on a shelf easy enough.  Wonder what the offerings will be with this one and a $100 difference between basic and deluxe?  What's going on there???

While I doubt they'll ever get made, if they were going to make the Tonnika Sisters, it would come in this set.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Today at 06:47 AM »
The pricing is certainly a new way to approach a Haslab between the base offering and the deluxe offering.  I imagine we'll know in time what that's going to entail.

Part of me thinks the leak was an exercise in ineptitude - either by the marketing team or by the Hasbro Pulse online store team.  And another part thinks that it might have been a trial balloon.  Gauging the sentiment of the community on a set like this isn't exactly uncharted waters for the brand.  They periodically hold focus groups in order to get feedback that's more in depth and focused than what they see on social media.  And if they planned this in order to get a sense of what the response would be?  I wouldn't be completely shocked, because the fandom is more segmented now.  There's a generation of Star Wars fans who might not hold the Cantina scene in such high regard as those of us who saw it on screen when the OT was the totality of Star Wars.

The size of it all does concern me.  My first instinct would be to get the Deluxe version, because FOMO, of course.  But how much real estate will it require to display it all?  I think we're looking at something that would need to be placed on a table top.  As for what's shown in the image?  Maybe that could be displayed on a shelf that's 11" deep.

As for figures?  Count me in with Jeff in wanting the original Kenner Cantina aliens in something like the Amazon 4 - packs.  Those shouldn't get locked behind a Haslab pay wall. 

Regarding the rumor of 8 figures?  Part of me wants 3 of them to be Wuher, Ackmena and Chalmun.  A Cantina has to have a staff, right?  Beyond that?  I think some of the most visible Cantina patrons are called for, and I tend to favor those that have not been made.
-Baniss Keeg
-Arleil Schous
-Danz Borin
-Yerka Mig
-Atheloe
-Saitorr Kal Fas
-Reegesk
-Tonnika Sister (from what I understand Hasbro might be able to make one of them)

Beyond that?  There are some that deserve to be revisited.  My short list there?
-Muftak
-Bo Shek
-Takeel
-Labria
-Dannik Jerriko (because of the stupid holes in his face and those never seen on screen tentacles)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback