Author Topic: Amazon Exclusive TVC Bad Batch Figure 4-Pack  (Read 6312 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Amazon Exclusive TVC Bad Batch Figure 4-Pack
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2022, 12:47 PM »
I saw the Prime and assumed it was being sold through Amazon itself.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2022, 12:48 PM »
Currently in stock at Amazon.

Jeff, feel free to change my link to an affiliate link if applicable.

$126?!?!?  I'm assuming this is a 3rd party seller scalping the crap out of this.

*edit* - yes, its being sold by "Toy Mine".  Otherwise known as a scalper dickhead.

If I bought with my Amazon card I would get $6 back, so only $120 for the 4 figures.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2022, 12:49 PM »
I just doublechecked my original order and this is double the price.  I'd hold off and wait for Amazon to actually sell them.

My bad y'all.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2022, 12:55 PM »
I just doublechecked my original order and this is double the price.  I'd hold off and wait for Amazon to actually sell them.

My bad y'all.

I appreciate the heads up!  Never hurts to know what your options are, even if you're not going to buy it right now.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2022, 12:59 PM »
They probably just got theirs delivered.  Mine are out for delivery right now
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2022, 01:22 PM »
Just got my shipping notice.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2022, 09:59 AM »
Amazon just dropped off my set. 

Still irritates me that the first Bad Batch figures we got were none of the actual Bad Batch.  Especially when you factor in Black Series has got the whole team already.  That is my one gripe about running the two figure lines at the same time.  Hasbro doesn't want the lines to look the same (same figures at same time), so one side or the other is always left waiting for something/someone.  It's almost always TVC that is lagging behind. :(

It's frustrating to see all the stuff BS6" got that TVC/3.75" still hasn't (just off the top of my head - The Bad Batch/Omega, Dryden Vos, Mortar Stormtrooper, Cal Kestis, Season 1 Greef Karga, Q9-0, etc).  Ah well #endrant
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2022, 10:04 AM »

Still irritates me that the first Bad Batch figures we got were none of the actual Bad Batch.  Especially when you factor in Black Series has got the whole team already.  That is my one gripe about running the two figure lines at the same time.  Hasbro doesn't want the lines to look the same (same figures at same time), so one side or the other is always left waiting for something/someone.  It's almost always TVC that is lagging behind. :(

It's frustrating to see all the stuff BS6" got that TVC/3.75" still hasn't (just off the top of my head - The Bad Batch/Omega, Dryden Vos, Mortar Stormtrooper, Cal Kestis, Season 1 Greef Karga, Q9-0, etc).  Ah well #endrant

At the very least you think they would only separate them by 6 months or so.  What is the point of waiting a year+ to release these when you don't ever see these in stores anyhow.

I'm extra annoyed that we've had two different outfit variants in the 6" line and have none in 3.75".  You would think that maybe they could do one variant in each line, and the crossover at some point in the near future.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2022, 10:41 AM »

Agreed again.  Collecting shifted dramatically when that line came around and became popular.  It split sales, reduced volume for 3.75”, probably is a contributing factor in rising prices, reduced the number of characters in 3.75”… I get it, but I don’t like it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2022, 05:47 PM »
No argument with Jeff there, they really should’ve named this something else because Bad Batch it isn’t.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2022, 06:37 PM »
No argument with Jeff there, they really should’ve named this something else because Bad Batch it isn’t.

How about just "Bad"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2022, 08:14 PM »
Bad Batch Background Boys
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 08:14 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2022, 08:22 PM »

How about just "Bad"

I like the set honestly cuz the clones were, sorta important I guess.  I like the Rex a lot, and the clone that wound up getting arrested is cool… but it’s just random clones and not really what the name implied I guess haha.  Not that I feel misled or anything, it just isn’t correct haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2022, 09:18 AM »
I saw this set pop up locally for $80, so I'm going to bite at that price.  I think it was originally $60, so $20 markup or $20 per figure for an exclusive feels about right to me.  I'm sure it will be out in droves later in the year, but I've gotten burned waiting on stuff before.  He also has a black series figure I still need for $20, so that's an easy way to blow $100 on Monday morning.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2022, 09:55 AM »
Rex and the Elite Squad trooper were the big draws for me in this set.  This version of Rex seems like a make good for the 3.75” Black Series figure that got reissued on a TVC card. Looking at that figure by itself is one thing - but when you put him next to ARC Trooper Echo and Fives, Rex looks terribly out of proportion.  He isn’t as bad as the 3.75” Black Series Commander Wolffe (aren’t you a little short for a Clone Trooper?), but clearly the standards have shifted in the past 10 years.  So I’ll give Hasbro some slack on Rex. 

The Elite Squad Trooper seems like the next most important character in the lineup since he’s part of Crosshairs unit.  But by that logic shouldn’t we have gotten an Imperial Crosshair???

I like the Commander Grey and Ballast/Howzer figures.  They’re relevant in the story of the first season - Grey especially, given his link to Caleb Dume.  But I think that these two Clones are more like second or third tier characters in the series.  The absence of the clones in the Bad Batch as well as Omega, Crosshair (Imperial), Vice Admiral Rampart and Cid are big gaps in the line. 

My educated guess is that new TVC sculpts of the Bad Batch were beyond the budget for the line at that time.  But an update to the phase 2 clone troopers was something that could be more budget friendly for Hasbro.  Now if we don’t see figures like Hunter, Crosshair, Tech, Wrecker and Echo revealed this year, then the only conclusion is that Hasbro is either asleep at the wheel, or they just don’t care.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback