Author Topic: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 8445 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #45 on: September 5, 2023, 10:38 PM »
That was a good one!

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 6, 2023, 01:50 AM »
Awesome and intense episode! But that ending…
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 6, 2023, 07:00 AM »
OMG.  Ray Stevenson was just fantastic!

That is all for now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #48 on: September 6, 2023, 07:26 AM »
Wow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 6, 2023, 10:35 AM »
I’m sorry, but Sabine is a ******* moron.  ::)

YOU HAD ONE JOB! Prevent another all out Galactic War by shooting a stupid map. Millions of lives hanging in the balance. But no, do the stupid selfish thing. And right after seeing what went down with Ahsoka, who literally just lectured her about this exact thing ten minutes earlier. She essentially murdered those two X-Wing pilots too.

I guess that will be the highlight of the Ghost on this show too…hey, it almost got blown up! Go buy our HasLab!  :D

Always nice to see Carson “Oppa” Teva though. I guess this was after his offworld meeting with Din?

Weird that the last 4 episodes are pretty much all gonna be The World Between Worlds and Peridia. Because I can’t think of a single reason why they would waste any more screen time on Hera and whatever is going on in that galaxy. There’s literally nothing she can do to help at this point, so thanks for showing up, I guess?

Gotta say, this feels nothing like Rebels to me. Which is strange considering how much Filoni is involved.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: September 6, 2023, 11:03 AM »
I’m sorry, but Sabine is a ******* moron.  ::)

I was trying to figure out if Baylan was doing some kind of Jedi/Sith mind trick on her in that scene?

Always nice to see Carson “Oppa” Teva though.

After multiple appearances on TM and now Ahsoka, I would not be opposed to a full "New Republic X-Wing" repaint with pack-in carded Carson Teva.  (look at me just throwing $120 away like that). 

I am also fully on board with them revamping the "Rangers of the New Republic" show idea with Carson/Hera/Chopper/Ghost/Phoenix Squadron in place of Cara Dune.  The Ghost and a few X-Wing pilots tracking down Imperial Remnants and Pirates sounds like a good time to me!  Especially if that "Rogue Squadron" movie is dead now too...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 6, 2023, 12:29 PM »
Prevent another all-out Galactic War by shooting a stupid map.

I'm wondering if a blaster would even destroy that map seeing as it took Baylan's lightsaber several seconds to do it.

Serious question, though, why didn't Ahsoka fight Marrock and Baylan with two lightsabers instead of one?  Did one get damaged in the initial fight?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 6, 2023, 01:43 PM »
Prevent another all-out Galactic War by shooting a stupid map.

I'm wondering if a blaster would even destroy that map seeing as it took Baylan's lightsaber several seconds to do it.

Serious question, though, why didn't Ahsoka fight Marrock and Baylan with two lightsabers instead of one?  Did one get damaged in the initial fight?

Those are two good points! She should have at least tried though. I was wondering about the other lightsaber too. Will have to rewatch that scene again…

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #53 on: September 6, 2023, 01:48 PM »
Guess we can stop al the theories on who Marrok was.

Calling Sabine a moron is unfair.  For years (sometime pre-Rogue One and now 5 or so years post Endor) and her main goal has been finding Ezra.  He is counting on her.  She could not destroy the map.  I just want to know what happened to her Jet pack???

Also sounds like Sabine's family was killed in the night of a thousand tears so I guess we won't be seeing clan Wren in the Mandalorian unless Sabine shows up.

Awesome to see Carson Teva...why couldn't Rangers of the New Republic follow him and the other pilots at that outpost?

The fights were really fun to watch...but that last scene was jaw-dropping.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 6, 2023, 02:00 PM »
Sabine has been conflicted and different throughout the series, and now we know why.  She lost EVERYONE.  All of her family was lost on Mandalore.  That's why she put away her armor.  That's why she's been distant.  Baylan saw that and used it to manipulate her.  Her desire for family and that connection to Ezra proved too strong for her to resist.

I'm pretty sure that I saw Shin using the Force in some way to physically manipulate Sabine before she handed the map to Baylan.  As for Marrok?  I've heard it theorized that he was the product of Nightsister Magic, much like Mother Talzin's army of the dead that fought against Grievous's forces in The Clone Wars.

Glad to finally see the Ghost in action, as well as Carson Teva!

As for that ending?  Whoa...
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 6, 2023, 02:09 PM »
I saw Sabine make the emotional selfish decision like people do all the time. "Moron" is not even sort of the correct word.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2023, 02:40 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 6, 2023, 08:10 PM »
The problem is that literally millions of people’s lives will be lost once they fetch Thrawn. The whole point of Ezra’s sacrifice in the first place was to get rid of Thrawn. Handing his allies the means to rescue him negates everything Ezra set out to do. Oh and also Ahsoka too. When you look at it from that perspective it seems like one of the most insanely idiotic decisions ever. I say that as a longtime Sabine stanner too, she was never one to put her own feelings before the mission.

They could have easily written their way around that by just having her show up late, or have him snatch it away using the Force or something. The way they did it just makes her seem weak and stupid though. IMHO

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 6, 2023, 08:44 PM »
But clearly they wanted it to be a conscious decision by her. It's like the end of "The Last of Us". I just think you're trying to fit her decision into how you want to keep thinking about her character (and that always triggers me since it's a huge part of the group that hates Disney Star Wars reason for hating Disney Star Wars). Her life is a lot different than when "Rebels" was happening. I'm going to let the next four episodes happen before I judge her choice too much.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2023, 08:48 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 6, 2023, 11:52 PM »
When i saw Teva i just kept wondering when Hasbro would immortalize him in plastic. (TVC scale please.)

Anyone get the feeling one of the good guys is going to die in this series? I thought it was a particular character. Then another had what seemed like a throw-away line. But it nagged at me. That line felt like a foreshadowing, making all feelings about the other character dying a misdirection.

I guess my mind is overthinking.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 7, 2023, 10:06 AM »
The whole point of Ezra’s sacrifice in the first place was to get rid of Thrawn. Handing his allies the means to rescue him negates everything Ezra set out to do. Oh and also Ahsoka too. When you look at it from that perspective it seems like one of the most insanely idiotic decisions ever.
But clearly they wanted it to be a conscious decision by her. .... Her life is a lot different than when "Rebels" was happening.
Sabine has been conflicted and different throughout the series, and now we know why.  She lost EVERYONE.  All of her family was lost on Mandalore.  That's why she put away her armor.  That's why she's been distant.  Baylan saw that and used it to manipulate her.  Her desire for family and that connection to Ezra proved too strong for her to resist.

I think it goes back to what the Nicks said.  Sabine lost everything in the Night of Thousand Tears and now that Ezra is the only family she has left, she isn't willing to sacrifice him.  I hope they expand on her loss a bit more than what they did in later episodes, because I felt it was a little glossed over.