Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2020, 04:07 PM »
New episode! Kind of blah, but I liked certain parts. Will go into further details when more people have seen it.

I LOVED the planet/city they were in though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2020, 06:18 PM »
I thought it was great.  Well cast and a solid episode!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2020, 08:05 PM »
I just watched the episode for a second time, and this one was pretty strong.  And it was pretty remarkable seeing an actor take on a live action role that they had played before as a voice actor. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2020, 11:44 PM »
I thought it was a solid episode. 

Interesting to see the Bryce Dallas Howard directed this one.  The episode she did in season 1 as probably the most emotional/touchy feely of the bunch.  This one was almost all action.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2020, 07:03 AM »
I thought it was a solid episode. 

Interesting to see the Bryce Dallas Howard directed this one.  The episode she did in season 1 as probably the most emotional/touchy feely of the bunch.  This one was almost all action.

There was a lot of action in that season 1 episode.  Sure, the locale was very pastoral compared to places like Tatooine, Nevarro and Arvala 7.  But between the fight scenes with Cara Dune, the raiders and the AT-ST, it all made for some significant action. 

There was a fair amount of exposition in this week's episode, along with a very revealing explanation. 

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2020, 12:49 PM »
Man, this episode was so good I kept stopping and rewinding it to watch parts over again. I feel like I want to watch it like five more times right now.

I also counted at least 6 absolute must have Black Series figures from that episode. Super toyetic!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2020, 02:46 PM »
I loved it. I admit I'm having some difficulty being totally subjective on the whole episode as I'm still caught up on how well I think they nailed Bo-Katan. I felt she was right out of the animated shows. I'm gonna lose it when "blank" shows up (just in case there's those out there that really avoid spoilers)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 02:47 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2020, 04:41 PM »
It was great seeing Katee Sackoff in the role of Bo Katan.  It took me a few minutes to recognize her.  And I never realized it was Katee that did the voice work for Bo Katan in the Clone Wars animated series.

I loved the Mandalorian sect discussion too that made Din Djarin do a double take on the different ways you could live your life as a "true" Mandalorian. 

I hope he finds a way to run in the Bo Katan and other Mandalorians from Mandalore more.  I feel like they would really help him develop his character a bit, and I think it would be cool if he could finally take off his helmet and lighten up a bit.

The Mandalorian might have to spare some of his beskar to build an impenetrable pram for The Child.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2020, 07:14 PM »
Great episode!  I was hoping we'd see Titus Welliver in a future episode...but I guess not.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2020, 11:06 PM »
I loved the last two episodes.  Not sure why people feel the plot is not advancing - every episode has led them somewhere new and continues to build off the previous one.  Conversely, it would be lame if the first place he looked instantly led to the covert he is seeking.  I'm not reading/viewing anything in advance for these, so the Spider eggs caught me by surprise, as did the pirate attack on the boat.  Excellent battle scenes from both, and an improvement over the battles in season 1 in my opinion.  The child's expressions and behavior is awesome.  Bo Katan!  Hope we see more of her, and nice to get more background on what's going on for the rest of the Mandalorians.  I'm a little concerned about how they're going to do she-who-will-not-be-named, but hope they jump right to it next episode, so we're not waiting any longer. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2020, 10:10 AM »
Now that we're passed the spoiler period?

The Mon Cal wearing the Irish fishing sweater and the deck gear made me chuckle.  And it was cool to see that crane walker, which was a blink and you'll miss is item from SOLO in some of the Corellia scenes.  Based on the presence of both the Mon Calamari and the Quarren I though we were headed to Mon Cala, but I guess the two species co-exist on other marine planets, too.  And then to come back to the Razor Crest looking like it was decorated like a Long John Silver's restaurant might have taken the nautical theme a little too far.

Bo Katan and the Nite Owls were even more formidable than I thought they would be.  I know that some people had theorized Sasha Banks was going to play a member of the Rebels crew, but I'm actually glad that didn't happen.  Katee Sackoff has done a fantastic job voicing Bo Katan in both the Clone Wars and Rebels, and it's great to see her bring the character on screen.  And the fight scenes?  These Mandos don't mess around.  They annihilated those two groups of Quarren.  And then watching them march down a hall on the Imperial freighter just picking off Stormtroopers with such precision was tremendous.

I was glad to see Bo Katan explain to Din Djarin that he was part of what amounted to a Mandalorian cult.  I had so many questions after the first season about what had happened to the Mandalorians following the rise of the Empire.  Why couldn't the Mandalorians remove their helmets?  And what about the Night of a Thousand Tears?  And Moff Gideon having the Dark Saber?  This episode answered a little of that and made it clear that we're going to learn more in time.  But it also left me with questions about where does Bo Katan go, what is in the future for the Mandalorians and where does Din Djarin intersect with that?  I think those are good questions that will keep the story moving forward.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2020, 11:46 AM »
So I was a little bored last week, but I finally watched the new one last night and it was everything I want from this show.  Imperials, new planets that we've known for ages but have never visited, Mandos flying around ******* **** up...

A+

I just wish it was longer.  I'm sure this show is expensive to produce, but I really wish we were more in the 45 minutes to an hour territory for episode length on ones this good.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2020, 12:38 PM »
We've learned a lot in the past couple of weeks, even for "character episodes".

-Boba Fett is alive.

-Bo-Katan is alive and trying to unite the Mandalorians.

-Din Djarin is part of a Mandalorian fundamentalist group called The Watch.  From what we can tell from the show, it is a group derived from Deathwatch....a group Bo-Katan was once a part of.

-Moff Gideon has a fleet.

I am enjoying the ride!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2020, 11:11 PM »
Chapter 12.   :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2020, 06:46 AM »
More and more, I'm seeing where someone's obsession with the Child is going in this post-Imperial era.  And that final scene certainly does take you back to some Star Wars EU in the 90's.

Feedback