Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #90 on: December 4, 2020, 09:00 PM »
I’m writing a letter to Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni to tone it down a bit.....my penis can only get so erect.

This sums up the show perfectly.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 4, 2020, 09:05 PM »
Oh.  Wow!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 4, 2020, 09:20 PM »
Yowza. For so many reasons.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 4, 2020, 11:01 PM »
Yowza. For so many reasons.
I'll add a yikes to that. And crap as well.

Before today I thought there might be a reason for Hera and the Ghost to show up. Now there is even more reason.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 12:19 AM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 5, 2020, 06:08 AM »
That was a stunning way for Robert Rodriguez to join the directing ranks of The Mandalorian.  In fact, I think he might have been perfect for this particular episode.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 5, 2020, 01:01 PM »
Are we past the 24-hour mark? I think we need to petition Hasbro to reopen the Razorcrest Kickstarter and include a new accessory consisting of a display base of a smoking crater in the ground  ;)

Awesome episode though for many, many reasons!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 5, 2020, 01:33 PM »
I hope they work the beskar spear in to the accessories that come with the ship.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #97 on: December 5, 2020, 01:59 PM »
Incredible episode!  Loved seeing the Darktroopers in action!  I know it is highly unlikely, but I kind of hope that the Jedi that Grogu connected with is Kyle Katarn!   :D

YouTube was loaded with Haslab haters poking fun about the Razor Crest.  I generally choose not to engage with them.  Just remixer that the Razor Crest isn’t necessarily the name of the ship, but the name of the class of ship....so it’s entirely possible he gets another one.

Amazing to see Boba Fett and Finnic Shan in action!  Hasbro needs to make that Boba Fett figure!  I like how he promised to keep the child safe in exchange for the return of his armor, and he’s honoring that.  Also like that they’ve finally put to be whether or not he and Jango are Mandalorians.  Jango was a foundling, and Boba is a Mandalorian because of that.

Odd that Din Djarin is seeking out Mayfeld.  Not a complaint, but I don’t know how much insight he has into Moff Gideon’s operation.  I’m hoping to see Bo-Karan and crew back for the upcoming battle, the cruiser they liberated could be helpful to get close to Gideon’s fleet.  Plus she’s looking to reclaim the Darksaber.

It’s going to be a long week!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 5, 2020, 02:31 PM »
Spoilers ****

Overall it was an amazing episode, although it clocked in at a very brief 30 minutes.

If Boba Fett is such a badass with a Gaffi Stick and Tusken sniper rifle, why didn't he reclaim his armor earlier on Tatooine?  Same goes for him having Slave 1 still hanging around somewhere.  He could have rolled in to town with that gunship and done whatever he wanted.

I wonder how many people want to cancel their Razor Crest order now...  Granted Jabba's sailbarge blew up shortly after it was introduced as well...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: December 5, 2020, 06:37 PM »
I wonder how many people want to cancel their Razor Crest order now...  Granted Jabba's sailbarge blew up shortly after it was introduced as well...

Yeah, if you spent $500 on a ship that was in ROTJ for 20 minutes (or less), I don't think you can complain about the $350 Razor Crest when it lasted 14 episodes of pretty regular use in the show.

I am super sad to see Razor Crest go and am firmly in the camp that will be disappointed if Mando ends up with Slave I somehow.  Too many people already complain that this show is just "adventures of fake Boba Fett" and giving Fett's signature ship to "fake Boba" won't help.

Here's hoping that Razor Crest 2.0 will be just as awesome. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 5, 2020, 07:42 PM »
A Firefly class ship would be awesome!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 6, 2020, 10:17 AM »
I suppose the best place to begin with my reactions to the episode is in the beginning.  Because when I saw the title page say "The Tragedy" I immediately knew that there was not going to be a happy ending to chapter 14.  When I saw the setting that was supposed to be Tython, I immediately thought that this must be the episode Robert Rodriguez was directing.  Because all of those exterior shots looked like they might have been done in the Texas hill country.  And if you know anything about Rodriguez, it's that he loves to work in Texas.

I liked the design for the seeing stone atop the Jedi temple ruins.  That kind of a henge is reminiscent of stone circles in the British isles.  I just wasn't expecting the Force to create an energy barrier around Grogu while he was reaching out.  The barrier, and Grogu's exhaustion clearly set up what was going to happen shortly thereafter.

So just who was Grogu reaching out to?  That's got to be one of the biggest questions coming out of this episode.  It seems likely based on what happened in chapter 13 that it will not be Ahsoka.  Two other possibilities come to mind.  One would be Ezra Bridger.  Ezra was last seen with Thrawn, who we now know Ahsoka has been tracking down.  Does she believe that finding Thrawn could lead her to Ezra?  There's a rumor circulating about an actor who may have been cast as Ezra.  Another possibility is Luke Skywalker.  During the week someone posted what looked like an illustration of Sebastian Stan as Luke, post ROTJ.  Other possibilities include de-aging effects, which we've seen used in other franchises.  But Mark Hamill has stated that he's done playing Luke (despite coming back here and there for various uncredited voice roles).  Could there be more Jedi out there?  It's a possibility, especially since Grogu was another survivor of Order 66.  I was also somewhat reassured when i saw him using the Force in his cell.  He can take care of himself, to an extent.

And then there's Boba Fett!  After 40 years of this character being regarded as one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy, we finally get a payoff.  His standoff with Din Djarin was fantastic.  And partnering up with Fennec Shand?  I guess I should have expected that Ming Na Wen would return, because she seemed more significant than a one and done sort of casting choice.  But back to Boba... wow.  Tem Morrison delivered a great performance!  Intimidating as can be, and his action scenes were great.  He just picked apart so many of those Stormtroopers with the Gaffi stick.  And his scenes provided more character development for Boba Fett in 15 minutes than the character has had in 4 decades, barring one or two Clone Wars episodes.

The ships in the episode were pivotal.  Seeing Slave I fly in as Grogu sat atop the seeing stone told you that something big was going to happen.  And the Imperial troop dropship was a nice new addition.  It looked like a cross between Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator and the First Order landing craft.  The Imperial light cruiser came into play, of course.  And then there's the Razor Crest....  I'm still looking forward to getting mine.  But it's going to be a little awkward!

It looks like Mando is going to have quite the crew to bust out Grogu.  And it seems like Mayfeld may be the key to tracking down Moff Gideon's Imperial remnant.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 12:12 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #102 on: December 6, 2020, 01:10 PM »

If Boba Fett is such a badass with a Gaffi Stick and Tusken sniper rifle, why didn't he reclaim his armor earlier on Tatooine?  Same goes for him having Slave 1 still hanging around somewhere.  He could have rolled in to town with that gunship and done whatever he wanted.

I wonder if he didn’t know Cobb Vanth had the armor until Din Djarin retrieved it.  Mos Pelgo wasn’t even on any maps, it could’ve been overlooked.  I’m hoping we’ll get some backstory to this....either through this show or the upcoming Boba Fett series currently in production.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 6, 2020, 03:27 PM »
Yes total agree with all the awesomeness of Boba Fett, Dark Troopers etc. great stuff. But for real, I could not get past Fennec Shand.

How exactly was she alive again? You can just turn dead people into robots now?!? I mean, I don’t even know what that all was supposed to mean. Was she always a cyborg and he just fixed her? How in the heck could he possibly have had any kind of technology to perform complex surgery like that in the middle of the desert? That to me was just such a wtf moment. I love Ming na Wen so I’m not complaining about her at all, I just felt it was a little contrived.

Also wondered how Boba was managing to track Mando so easily. Just awesome skillz I guess!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 6, 2020, 04:07 PM »
Also wondered how Boba was managing to track Mando so easily. Just awesome skillz I guess!

I thought about that, then No-Prized it away quickly with the logic that the Slave I could probably track the armor itself. Better off to get your ship blown up when it is being tracked by everybody. (The other No-Prize I had to puzzle out was why Boba waited until his armor left Tatooine to go after it. My solution: the link between the armor and Slave I again. As long as the armor was local (ie on the planet,) it was the only "key" to powering up the Slave I. Once it was off-planet, Boba could use backup unlocks.

As for Fennec Shand,  she was "left for dead" as opposed to "dead." Maybe Fett took her to be put back together by his old buddies the Jawas of Doom?

This is the first episode of the season I watched twice, but there was so much forward movement in the story here, so much character growth, and so much well-done action it was really compelling. And I feel hypocritical about loving this one so much, because a big part of the fun for me with the series is the serial aspect of the adventures.

I loved all of it. My one quibble would be the literal Force-field, and the Filonized "Jedi Temple." It made me remember there were reasons "Rebels" lost me at the end of Season Two.

That said, I would be thrilled if the next episode is from Grogu's POV and shows us what happened during his Jedi Communion. I get a feeling that whatever crew Mando winds up pulling together they are going to get out-classed in battle with Gideon, until whoever Grogu reached out to shows up to turn the tide. Should be a fun finish to the season.