Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 362166 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Official 21st Century Toys Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 3, 2004, 02:03 AM »
Ok, thanks, that is a good deal. If I don't end up going to New York for the 4th, I might pick one up.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: July 3, 2004, 02:12 AM »
Toy Federation, Badcat Toys, and Small Blue Planet are the places with them right now that I'm aware of...  I hear SMB's got the highest shipping prices though.  Not that I can confirm that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 3, 2004, 03:00 AM »
So I've heard.
What the hell happend at GP tonight? I've lost my password so many times, I know I have more than one account, I think. Still can't find my Commodore Vator password either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: July 4, 2004, 03:50 AM »
I actually didn't know what yu meant about what happened, but...

From what I can tell, Audie Murphy, Recondo, and some other nic I forget are all the same guy, and because GP's is filled with guys that are clueless about toy collecting in general (lotta "older" guys who just like militaria) they got taken for a ride on some trades by sme ******bag little kid.

IE: the guy with all the nics...

So, GP, and his major domo Aferg are cracking down on multiple nics.

I dn't believe I have anything but JJ...  I don't register 2nd nics usually unless I find one really amusing.

The whole thing's a mess, but sometimes so are GP's forums.  I think he really, if he wanted his site/stuff to take off, should consider "hiring" some people to work for the site.  Make a real 1:18 military site...  There's enough news crap for it!

BTW I ordered a neat 4-figure set (the classic Infantry U.S. figures) from SMB the other day.  They're the U.S. set...  Not the men of Charlie Co., but the other set with "names".

They look awesome, but that's just in images.

The C. Co. guys are on sale as well.  All are under $5 under the current Dragon sale, so I can't argue with that price on Dragon figures.  They're not poseable really, but around a farmhouse or barn they look disgustingly realistic.  I mean, Dragon's 1:18 may not be fun to play with like BBI and 21st, but hell if they aren't amazing to look at, and I'll never blow my nose at such good custom head fodder to reproduce.

Now I need Charlie Co., and they have a modular "bombed building" playset that I'm hearing REALLY good things abuot by a cheapo cmpany.

The playset's like $15 and has a ton of crappy accessries, but I'm thinking of nabbing 2 just for Star Wars dios for my imperial shelf or something.  $15 you can't go wrong.

Shipping wasn't terrible either...  $5 something I think, but on cases of BotB at SMB it was like $8 at a minimum.  I don't know why.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 7, 2004, 07:46 AM »
Wonderful, I'm officaly overwhelmed. Super.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #95 on: July 8, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Just got my 4 figure set of the U.S. Infantry - Italy 1944 figures from Small Blue Planet.

These Dragn figures are crap for poseability, but fun to look at.

Ya knw, these sport 10 points of articualtion, but they're still terribly unposeable.

Great headsculpts as always, but...  I'm sad to say only 2 full headsculpts, and 2 others are the "half-heads" like the first series had some as well.

Very deceiving because SMB never mentioned this, nor did anyone else I believe.

Great accessories, as always.  Removable packs and pouches, separate belts, rifles, SMG's, etc...  TONS of gear, quite simply.

For less than $5 a figure, you really can't argue.  Good stuff here!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 8, 2004, 01:40 PM »
They sound nice, how do they look next to 1st series 21st?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: July 9, 2004, 07:44 AM »
Not bad...  1st series Panz. Gren's didn't look bad with XD Infantry either, but I'd say there's a MORE noticeable difference in the GI's.  the colors don't match up exactly, and the helmets aren't even cmparable (XD's pale in cmparison).

I have the Halftrack driver standing with them, and he looks cool enough...  The Khaki of the jackets is different though, but not terribly so.

I think the Paras look 10x better with them though...  I'm hoping 21st redoes Infantry basics at some point.  They were supposed to since they had molds for legs and such ready, but I don't have a clue where that would stand now.

I'd buy Infantry ALL over again if they had the new articulation and removable helmets.  I'd gladly rebuy, and buy even more than the last go-round.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2004, 07:12 PM »
I'm actually running into P-40 Warhawks here!  Hooly crap.

Wish I could find a damn Spitfire.  :(

I'm gonna get RAF P-40 if I can maybe.  Put it on Lay-A-Way...  They're nice planes with a NEW pilot.  F'n sunglasses on the guy though.  :(

ALso, 21st Century Toys is attending SDCC...  Yup, they'll be there right alongside BBI I think (not sure) and of course Hasbro.  They'll be selling, for the first time ever, the modern figures!

Yup, the Eastern Warriors are due there!  I want me some Tally Ban!  My Marines are tired of shoooting Cobra Terrorists.

BTW, they're marketing the "Eastern Warriors" as CIA Trained Operatives if nobody knew that.  Yup, allies, not enemies.  Who are we kidding though?  These guys are buying up weapons from Destro like a mofo in my world.

The modern figures there, I think, are the CIA Delta Force dude, the Royal Marine (I want that figure!) and the 2 Eastern Warriors...  Or that's what the site showed at 21stCentury Toys homepage.  The U.S. SPec. Forces figure with the Humvee sucked BAD so I hope he's being scrapped.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2004, 06:25 PM »
Unless my eyes are deciveing me, I think I've seen a Battle of the Bulge German OFFICER in one of the new pics!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2004, 01:23 AM »
Indeed I was right, new German Infantry coming!  :D

Good for customs, good for dioramas!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2004, 01:28 AM »
Not sure which images you mean Vator...

In the BotB line there's 2 trenchcoat Germans and a tanker only...  At least right now.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2004, 01:31 AM »
Figures.com has newer pics: http://69.93.119.2/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=1591&page=4&sort=1&perpage=15&=

They look nice. Those are new aren't they? Maybe the rumored re-releases with new articualtion...the arms are definatley different.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2004, 02:55 AM »
Ah thse...

Well, that's up in the air, but...  I can safely say those are ALL frankenstein kitbashes 21st did.  They're a mix of BotB Germans (open greatcoat) with the coat removed and non-coat arms on....  Headswaps galore...

Frm what I assume, they're either just lame attempts at filling stuff out at the show, or they're lame prototypes for more infantry figures.  They were talking of doing the 1st Series Infantry over with the new articulation since they have the limbs to do it now...  I hope they at least put some new heads out so othey have removable helmets.

Anyway, since the re-release infantry isn't even on-tap from them, I'm wagering they're just filler because the booth had no figures really.  Or so it seemed.

I'd love head variant and new limbs on the infantry guys though...  Or BotB figures...  Or Paratroopers...  I'd buy those waves all over again with variety if they did it.  Some deco variants would rock.

They seemed to mostly display new planes only at SDCC...  And the couple tanks (the BotB Tiger I).

I want that bubbletop Mustang something feirce.  NICE plane.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2004, 04:14 AM »
Could be, but they did have a sign behind those figures that showed them, don't know if that means anything or what, but maybe. Also, in the para pics, you can see the tops of some prototype Germans. Personaly, I'd jump at the change to get these, since I missed the first wave.