Author Topic: Figure Ideas from The Mandalorian  (Read 8101 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Figure Ideas from The Mandalorian
« on: December 1, 2019, 11:56 AM »
The Mandalorian is certainly opening itself up to great figure possibilities. I would hope that, aside from the Mondo himself, that we could get one core character from each Episode.

E1 - I would absolutely love an uber articulated IG-11. Such a fun character.
E2 - Kuiil (Nick Nolte's Ugnaught) is a must!
E3 - Good excuse for Greef Karga? (I've done a job with Carl Weathers earlier this year. Super genuine, down to Earth dude.)
E4 - We already got Clara Dune
Moff Gideon should be the stand out for his episode.
The Mando Heavy gunner should just be reproduced in 3.75 regardless.

Really digging the show over-all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Figure Ideas from The Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2019, 04:57 PM »
Although we have the Mandalorian coming, I really do want the full beskar armor look too.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2019, 07:12 AM »
There is a lot of potential in The Mandalorian for toys.  My own list?

The Vintage Collection
BASIC FIGURES
-The Mandalorian (chapter 3 armor)
-Offworld Jawa
-Kuill
-IG-11
-"The kid"
-Nikto thugs
-Trandoshan bounty hunter (chapter 2)
-Greef Karga
-The Client (Werner Herzog) with ICMG safe
-Mandalorian Armorer (make this a deluxe figure with her forge)
-Heavy infantry Mandalorian
-Klatooinian raiders

CREATURES
-Blurgg
-Mudhorn

VEHICLES
-Razor Crest
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2019, 11:48 PM »
I want a couple more Klatoonian raiders to go with the AT-ST...  I’ve considered tracking down a Kithaba figure, but the going rate for those seems to be around $40 and more!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: December 3, 2019, 01:35 AM »
That’s “the barge effect” in action haha.

I’d take some more raiders too.  Not sure if they were all Klatooinian too so I’d be ok with sort of generic raider pirate guys.  This is a toy ripe series not too dissimilar to Clone Wars
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 3, 2019, 12:22 PM »
That’s “the barge effect” in action haha.

I’d take some more raiders too.  Not sure if they were all Klatooinian too so I’d be ok with sort of generic raider pirate guys.  This is a toy ripe series not too dissimilar to Clone Wars

I agree, but at today's toy prices, it feels like there would be a sustainability limit in terms of character selection. I was think about that during the shoot out during the first episode. We're still trying to get Hasbro to finish off every character onscreen during the OT. Imagine trying to fit out that shoot out scene with IG-11 alone!

I'm also hoping, really hard, that the speeder bike sees a re-release. I need a few more and the after market price for the TRU exclusive sculpt is ridiculous.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2019, 01:34 PM »
From last night...

Skip if this could spoil it for anyone...

The Assassin would be great. Wasn't a fan of the kid, but the speeder bikes were cool. Would be nice if we could get an upgraded EV-9D9 due to the appearance of the EV droid.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 05:50 PM »
I was thinking the same thing about EV9D9.

The more I see the Mandalorian in his new shiny armor, the more I want that look. I mean there's very little I don't want from the show, aside from the shrimp farmers. I want pretty much all the bounty hunters for sure.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 10:32 AM »
The more I see the Mandalorian in his new shiny armor, the more I want that look. I mean there's very little I don't want from the show, aside from the shrimp farmers. I want pretty much all the bounty hunters for sure.

I am now awaiting the announcement that we are getting a shrimp farming playset as a companion piece to the AT-ST raider.   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Hey guys, DAE like that little Yoda fella?  I think they should consider making a toy of it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 04:55 PM »

I am now awaiting the announcement that we are getting a shrimp farming playset as a companion piece to the AT-ST raider.   ;D

And id buy two to connect them into one big one
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Hey guys, DAE like that little Yoda fella?  I think they should consider making a toy of it.

All joking aside, it is mind boggling how Disney has missed the mark on Star Wars merch since 2015, all in the name of preventing spoilers/leaks. From pushing Finn merch over Rey, to forcing companies to wait 2 years to make Old Luke merch, to porgs, and now missing the very small window to sell Baby Yoda merch when Baby Yoda is on fire. Will Baby Yoda still be popular in 6 months when the merch actually comes out? I doubt it, but that's a rant for another day.  :)

Back on topic, I was thinking last night how cool it would be to get some sort of Sandcrawler, either a full out $200 not-to-scale vehicle, or miniaturized deal that opens up a bit. Then they could reuse it for the OT.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 09:38 AM »
The Disney parks version of the Sandcrawler is looking pretty cool now.  But in light of what we saw with the Sandcrawler in chapter 2?  Some opening panels and action features would have been fantastic additions.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 10:20 AM »
I'm not gonna stick up for Disney totally here, but I'm thrilled baby Yoda was a total surprise. God forbid Disney cared more about the show's integrity than the merchandising. How dare they?!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 10:47 AM »
I'm not gonna stick up for Disney totally here, but I'm thrilled baby Yoda was a total surprise. God forbid Disney cared more about the show's integrity than the merchandising. How dare they?!

In this vein I'm glad that there don't seem to be too many gratuitous new vehicles, outfits, etc. that seem to be there just to drive merchandising.  I sometimes felt this with Lucas created scenes in the prequels.  (yeah I'm cynical sometimes)

Other than the non-essential Blurg ride in the first episode, I'm not sure there was anything that stood out as "they put this in there so they could make another toy".

I would love to see multi-packs of Mandalorian warriors, and of course "the asset" and the Razor Crest.  Beyond that I'm not sure there is anything that I've seen so far that I feel is a must have as a toy.  I'd love lots of random aliens from the background, but that doesn't seem to be a reality today when they haven't even done that for recent movies.