Author Topic: 2019 TVC Wave 3 (aka New TVC Wave 6)  (Read 25081 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 TVC Wave 3 (aka New TVC Wave 6)
« Reply #90 on: July 5, 2019, 09:59 PM »
You guys need to look up Retr0brite.  There’s a Clairol product I’ll get the name of when I get home from vacation that works as well as the formula does and is premixed, but I’m not sure what it would do to black parts of a stormtrooper.  I have enough that I’d be totally happy to try it though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 6, 2019, 08:36 AM »
I might have to look that up.  I've got loads of VOTC Stormtroopers and Scout Troopers that could probably use the treatment just from having looked at some of my carded figures that I was looking through earlier this week.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2019, 06:16 PM »
The Stormtrooper and Lando (and a few other new ones) are up on Hasbro Pulse now... limit two, but I finally managed to order a pair at regular prices...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10 PM »
FYI, here's the Retrobrite youtube video I watched where this guy dissects the whole thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBS_UEV35W4

And here's a link to the hair care product he found was as effective without having to create a recipe:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A5ET16A/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3NPETRNJ3Z014&psc=1

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2019, 09:23 PM »
Chewie is in stock for $6 on Amazon through seller Kickin’ Toys with free shipping. I ordered one, so I’ll see how good the packing is.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 2, 2019, 01:49 PM »
I might have to look that up.  I've got loads of VOTC Stormtroopers and Scout Troopers that could probably use the treatment just from having looked at some of my carded figures that I was looking through earlier this week.

Continuing the discussion, I'm still not sure if I've got the process down pat yet. There has absolutely been a remarkable difference in the figures I've Hydrogen Peroxided in general, but some still maintain a greenish tinge. Also, it seems that the scout troopers I'm nearly complete whitened are yellowing already after a week. Trying to let the figure soak longer, see if that makes any difference. I've got tons of time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #96 on: August 4, 2019, 11:55 AM »
Yeah, I'd say it's not a perfect solution, but it does give a bit more time with these figures. Mine didn't get 100% white, since the plastic in the torso and the plastic in the limbs is different, but it got them to a really acceptable point. I haven't noticed my figures re-yellowing though. That's new.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram