Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 262838 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #1110 on: December 1, 2022, 01:21 PM »
I ended up ordering 3 sets to get free shipping too.  They should get here today.  I figured once they showed up with Deidre in Andor I might want some extras. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1111 on: December 4, 2022, 12:06 AM »
Not really a good place to put this, but I wanted the information in our forums...

There are a LOT of rumors going around right now about Dork Side Toys and none of them are good.

There is a lot of evidence that suggests the rumors are true.  A number of manufacturers are no longer doing business with them.  Dorkside has made their Twitter private.  Dorkside have changed their returns policy to "All Sales Final" with no returns.  The Pre-Order Policy page is missing from their homepage.

If you have any open pre-orders with them, you might want to try and cancel them ASAP if possible and check out other alternatives. :(
« Last Edit: December 4, 2022, 12:10 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 4, 2022, 05:43 AM »
I've been seeing some of these rumblings in a couple of FB groups.  At first I thought that it might have been the work of a disgruntled former employee.  But I'm seeing more and more information coming to light and none of it is good.

If you have ANY preorders with them I would make sure that it's via a credit card that gives you the capability to cancel charges through the issuer.  Preorders with PayPal as the means of payment are more complicated, since PayPal has a limited window for buyer protection - I believe it's 90 days.

It's sad to see a company like this potentially imploding before our eyes.  Because they were a reasonably good option for collectors for a number of years.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 4, 2022, 10:03 PM »
I’ve bought some cheap army builder stuff from them lately but that’s it… no preorders, but I did notice that they have very little available as far as TVC goes now.  I’m assuming where there’s smoke there’s fire and am staying away. 
« Last Edit: December 4, 2022, 10:03 PM by Rob »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1114 on: December 5, 2022, 03:21 PM »
That sucks...they've always been a really good option, and I felt better about ordering from them over Amazon. I actually received a preorder item from them last week, but the only thing I have on preorder over there now is 3 Darktroopers and an extra Obi Wan (that's already paid). I guess the worst case scenario is I'm out the $12 for Obi Wan. Luckily I have 5 of the Darktrooper preordered from Amazon. I might try to get more, but the price seems to have gone back up a little bit.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 7, 2022, 09:10 PM »
It’s official.  They’re going out of business. 

We’ll see if it ends up being a problem, but I did just order a mini-bust from them because with shipping it was $35 less than my preorder with Gentle Giant.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 14, 2022, 05:04 PM »
Yup. I don't think I got a refund on my pre-paid Obi-wan figure, but it's just $14, so I'm not going to go ape****. Honestly, Dorkside was always really good to me, so it sucks to see them gone.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 14, 2022, 05:10 PM »
I actually DID get a shipping notification on this mini-bust I ordered the other day... fingers crossed. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 15, 2022, 10:46 AM »
For those of you, like me, that decided yesterday's TVC offerings were...not blowing up your skirt, EE has the Walmart Stormtrooper back on preorder stock again, with a February release date. I preordered 8...I'll never NOT need Stormtroopers.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 29, 2022, 06:01 PM »
More online retailers are folding.  I haven't used this particular one, but Old Republic Collectibles is also going out of business.  There's been a fair amount of uproar on social media about this one.  Accusations that the business took people's money and ran.  As well as leveling more accusations at sites that carried ORC's advertising - I know Jayson/Yakface has been getting a lot of heat from people because ORC was advertising there.  Oh, and there were also signs that the owner of the business or whoever was running their social media was spouting Qanon nonsense.

I think if there are any lessons to be learned from this situation and Dorkside Toys folding?  Don't use a debit card, PayPal or gift cards with these businesses.  Use a credit card from a company that protects their customers.  Those bits of advice could have prevented a lot of misery for many of the people who got stiffed when these companies went down.

If you don't have a good credit card that will advocate for their customers and re-claim funds?  That might serve as a financial wake-up call for some people.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 29, 2022, 06:22 PM »
I think if there are any lessons to be learned from this situation and Dorkside Toys folding?  Don't use a debit card, PayPal or gift cards with these businesses.  Use a credit card from a company that protects their customers.  Those bits of advice could have prevented a lot of misery for many of the people who got stiffed when these companies went down.

This is my advice for every transaction everywhere.

Not only do I get like $1200 a year in cash back, but despite having my card number stolen several times, I've never been out a nickel of my own money and have never spent a second worrying that some day I might be.  I don't even carry a debit card with me and I never buy anything online with Paypal now that eBay has ditched them.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 06:23 PM by Rob »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1121 on: December 30, 2022, 09:40 PM »

This is my advice for every transaction everywhere.

Not only do I get like $1200 a year in cash back, but despite having my card number stolen several times, I've never been out a nickel of my own money and have never spent a second worrying that some day I might be.  I don't even carry a debit card with me and I never buy anything online with Paypal now that eBay has ditched them.

As someone who has worked in the credit card processing industry for the last six years, I wholeheartedly cosign.
"This is the way."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 5, 2023, 10:50 AM »
Yeah, the cash back is awesome.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1123 on: March 6, 2023, 09:22 AM »
Hasbro Pulse Warehouse sale - https://hasbropulse.com/collections/warehouse-sale-2023

Warehouse Sale 2023 Terms & Conditions
PREMIUM TERMS: Save 35% when you spend $75.00 or more on select, eligible items, currently for sale on HasbroPulse.com in the Warehouse Sale Collection with code WAREHOUSE35 beginning Monday, March 6, 2023 at 9AM/ET through Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 11:59PM/ET (“Promotion”). Promotion valid for Hasbro Pulse Premium Member accounts only. Promotion applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping and handling amount. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Promotion excludes special bundle deals, Hasbro Pulse Premium Membership fee, and HasLab campaigns. Valid while supplies last. Subject to HasbroPulse.com Terms of Use and policies. ©2023 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

NON-PREMIUM TERMS: Save 30% when you spend $75.00 or more on select, eligible items, currently for sale on HasbroPulse.com in the Warehouse Sale Collection with code WAREHOUSE30 beginning Monday, March 6, 2023 at 9AM/ET through Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 11:59PM/ET (“Promotion”). Promotion applies to pre-tax and pre-shipping and handling amount. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Promotion excludes special bundle deals, Hasbro Pulse Premium Membership fee, and HasLab campaigns. Valid while supplies last. Subject to HasbroPulse.com Terms of Use and policies. ©2023 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2023, 09:23 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 6, 2023, 09:27 AM »
I'm slightly tempted to get some more troop builder packs with this promo.