Author Topic: Target 2022 TVC Boba Fett (Morak)  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2022 TVC Boba Fett (Morak)
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2022, 04:37 PM »
Instead of jumping through all the hoops to get another overpriced Boba Fett exclusive (because he would never sell as a mass release. Right? Isn't that the Hasbro justification for exclusives with higher pricepoints?) I did something more fun.

I went on eBay and bought an old 30th anniversary Luke Skywalker with Moisture Vaporator for 20 bucks. That's a deluxe figure, and a set I would buy multiples of in 2022 too if Hasbro wants to do Deluxe sets.

Can't have too many vaporators (bonus-- the seller put the Saga Luke with poncho and floppy hat in the set instead of the 30th Luke with the funky hair.)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2022, 07:32 PM »
I got a sold out message online, then tried the Target app.  That seemed to work for an order of 2, but when I went to finalize the checkout it said there was some "random error on their end."  I tried 5-6 times with no luck.  Then I Went back and changed my order to just 1 in case that was the problem.  Same error a couple of times, then it went through.  I was tempted to try to order a second one, but then remembered Target's prior issues with cancelling orders for people that ordered multiple times, so just left it.  Hopefully I'll get at least the one, which is probably all I should be buying anyway at these prices...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Instead of jumping through all the hoops to get another overpriced Boba Fett exclusive (because he would never sell as a mass release. Right? Isn't that the Hasbro justification for exclusives with higher pricepoints?) I did something more fun.

I went on eBay and bought an old 30th anniversary Luke Skywalker with Moisture Vaporator for 20 bucks. That's a deluxe figure, and a set I would buy multiples of in 2022 too if Hasbro wants to do Deluxe sets.

Can't have too many vaporators (bonus-- the seller put the Saga Luke with poncho and floppy hat in the set instead of the 30th Luke with the funky hair.)

That's actually a decent price for that on the secondary market. I love those moisture vaporators! **** it, I'm going to eBay.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2022, 10:04 AM »
Some fan sites got to do Q&A with Hasbro this morning (your old pal JediDefender was not included :(), and Emily said that the Target TVC Morak Boba Fett is NOT a deluxe/boxed item but just an exclusive standard numbered basic carded figure.  I guess that kills the notion that something else is coming with it...  So what the hell was the $21 price tag for then?   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2022, 07:55 AM »
Some fan sites got to do Q&A with Hasbro this morning (your old pal JediDefender was not included :(), and Emily said that the Target TVC Morak Boba Fett is NOT a deluxe/boxed item but just an exclusive standard numbered basic carded figure.  I guess that kills the notion that something else is coming with it...  So what the hell was the $21 price tag for then?   ::)

Patrick said that Boba Fett has significantly more paint apps as TVC figures go, and there's an associated cost.  Sounded like corporate doubletalk to me.

If you were ever in a position where you need a corporate type to be able to talk their way around a problem, hire Patrick.  But being on the other side of things?  Uggghhhh
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2022, 10:35 AM »

Patrick said that Boba Fett has significantly more paint apps as TVC figures go, and there's an associated cost.  Sounded like corporate doubletalk to me.

If you were ever in a position where you need a corporate type to be able to talk their way around a problem, hire Patrick.  But being on the other side of things?  Uggghhhh

Well said. These Deluxe offerings are testing our limits as far as what we will pay. The fact that they still sold out fast means we aren't there yet, but as soon as we reach that limit, the BS justification of the price increase will have to be rolled back or BS'ed around in some other way.

Put another way, if $25 Fetts didn't sell, it's not like Patrick's artistic integrity would stop him from putting a dumbed-down/cost-effective version in the TVC basic line to move units. (Instead, we will have to wait and see what the $30-$35 version will be in the future as Patrick continues searching for the ceiling.)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2022, 10:57 AM »
The fact that this is not a deluxe figure and has a deluxe figure price tag is still a bit of a smack in the face.  Target will EVENTUALLY get us the Droids version of Boba Fett - basic figure with TVC grade sculpting and articulation, the specialized paint apps, etc.  That figure's MSRP is $15.99. 

The Morak Boba Fett is $20.99, and will be on a TVC numbered card.  The jump in price from one 3.75" exclusive figure to the next of the same character is a little difficult to swallow.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2022, 02:19 PM »
Back up for pre-order if you still need it...  https://www.target.com/p/-/A-85766838
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2022, 02:21 PM »
It would be funny if you preorder this and end up with Axe Woves.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2022, 02:30 PM »
It still shows it is up, but if I try to add it to the cart I get an error that it is sold out. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2022, 02:33 PM »
It still shows it is up, but if I try to add it to the cart I get an error that it is sold out. ::)

Boba Fett or Axe?

I just refreshed Axe and got a preorder, but wouldn't let me add to cart.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2022, 02:33 PM »

Boba Fett or Axe?

Fett for me.
"This is the way."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2022, 02:35 PM »

Boba Fett or Axe?

Figured I would ask.  So maybe Axe is on his way with what happened with me.... I just want to be done with this.
Fett for me.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 8, 2022, 01:27 PM »
I was able to snag one online when it made a brief re-appearance between 1a-2am Pacific this morning. Years of having a screwed up sleep pattern finally paid dividends.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: August 1, 2022, 05:00 PM »
Any updates on when we should expect this guy? I wasn't able to get a preorder in but I'm hoping I can find him at Target at some point.
"This is the way."