Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350416 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #1755 on: January 23, 2020, 01:17 PM »
I saw Terminator Dark Fate couple of weeks ago. Not as bad as the internet hate machine made it out to be. I'd rate it average entertainment. On the other hand, it really doesn't justify its existence anymore than Genysis did.  The franchise should've stopped after T2.

I thought this was pretty good.  Definitely a better follow-up to T2 than T3 was.  Better than Genysis or Resurrection.  Whatever voodoo they used to make Linda  and Eddie young at the beginning was pretty cool.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 28, 2020, 01:27 AM »
Resurrection? You mean Salvation? I thought that one had the most potential. Did it live up to it? Not quite.

Someone pointed out that de-aged Sara should have visible scars from getting stabbed by the T-1000. They goofed. Or she's vain and wears make-up over them.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 28, 2020, 10:14 AM »
Ha!  You're right.  I goofed up there. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 25, 2020, 09:24 AM »
Finally got around to seeing Venom this last weekend.  I had pretty low expectations as a Marvel movie outside the core MCU,and I don't consider myself a big Spiderman fan even though I love the Avengers.  That all said, I loved this movie!  The plot is fairly decent despite being somewhat predictable.  But the Venom voice is what sells it for me.  The inner monologue banter with Eddie is spot on and hilarious at times.  "*****!" Can't wait for the sequel.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 25, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Watched WW84 and thought it was just okay.  At 2.5 hours long, there were a lot of filler sequences (fighting/other) that could have been cut down significantly without taking anything away from the story.  But the story wasn't that good to begin with, so maybe that's why the fillers were as long as they were.  Sure am glad I didn't spend the $100+ I would have to see it in the theater with the family, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:28 AM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 26, 2020, 12:42 AM »
Yeah.   We watched it too and I thought it was pretty blah.  Plus HBO Max seemed a bit buggy with some bandwidth issues.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1761 on: December 26, 2020, 08:38 PM »
Plus HBO Max seemed a bit buggy with some bandwidth issues.

Agree!   The past few weeks, I was sampling a few of the "DCU" online shows they have on HBOmax now (Titans, Doom Patrol) and the pixelation/buffering made it unwatchable in parts with low quality in the picture.  WW84 was even worse than usual, probably because it's a new movie on release day, but still.  #lame

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 26, 2020, 08:47 PM »
I watched it last night too.  I didn’t have any problems with the streaming, and I don’t ever expect much from comic book movies, so I enjoyed it just fine. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1763 on: December 26, 2020, 11:23 PM »
I thought it was ok.  It's odd that I was more interested in watching season 3 of Young Justice.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 28, 2020, 11:39 AM »
We watched Mulan and WW84 the past few days. 

WW84 had cool visuals/eye candy, but the story itself was so blah.  I also didn't really get how she could swing from lightning bolts or fly now, but some things like the invisible jet and and young Diana scenes were pretty cool.  Loved the cameo at the very end as well. 

Mulan was excellent.  Great storyline, well acted, super cool visual effects throughout the story.  My only complaint is that the regime pretty quickly moves from "women can't fight and will be killed if caught trying to join the army" to "Yeah Mulan is a girl, but she should lead us," but that's just part of the magic of Disney.  Great family movie if you're looking for an alternative to WW.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today