Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 75270 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2005, 08:13 PM »
Well, here we go again:

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2005, 08:14 PM »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2005, 05:06 AM »
Nice.

But the question is, are there any differences with the Vader and Dooku sabers, or are we already into total rehash land here?  Not real interested in another Sith Collection, if we technically really only need one of them...

I also just took a gander at eBay to see where they Jedi display cases are at nowadays, since it's been a while since I last checked.  I see that one just sold for $124.  Holy ****.

Plus, even the Sith display cases are up in the $50 - $70 range now!  That's absolutely insane.  All these folks with lightsabers, and nothing proper to display them in.  Nice work MR.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 05:23 AM by JediMAC »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2005, 12:57 AM »
I was also informed at Toy Fair by one of the MR reps that they have an SDCC and a C3 exclusive mini saber on tap for later this year. I couldn't get any other info, as far as what it would be (a new unique saber or a weathered/as first built by version) but it was confirmed that there would be not 1 but 2 exclusives.

So Matt, you know you need to put me on the list for the SDCC one, right?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Gotchya Dave.  Maybe.  Considering you didn't/couldn't hook me up with the Toy Fair Press Kit, I'll have to think about it...    >:(

Yeah, I'd just recently remembered that they were going to have a C3 exclusive mini-saber, which blows.  One more exclusive line to stand in for a couple hours.  Ouch.

Is the SDCC exclusive going to be different than the C3 one?  If so, ugh.  But that line wasn't too bad at all at SDCC last year, so that one's not a major concern, I guess.

A Master Replica rep was recently asked if a mini saber for Qui-Gonn was coming soon, and she replied yes - in 2006.  But it's a little sketchy as to whether she meant a full scale one, or the mini one.  Though it's likely going to be both, I'd imagine.  Long overdue, for sure...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 12:30 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2005, 05:15 PM »
I see Philip answered your questions over at RS, Matt but I still think they should do the three pack with case as an option.  I guess we have to wait for Amy to come back to be sure.

Oh, and put me down for the C3 SDCC exclusive also, Mr. Colman :-*.

Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Since you spelled my name correctly this time, I suppose I could hook you up Beth.   :-*

But I assume you're just referring to the SDCC exclusive though, since you're going to be at C3, right?  Hope your plans on that haven't changed lately...   :-\

Sorry to hear about your son as well.  Hopefully things get better for him (and your family), whatever the issue was.

- Matt

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2005, 05:24 PM »
I see Philip answered your questions over at RS, Matt but I still think they should do the three pack with case as an option.  I guess we have to wait for Amy to come back to be sure.

BTW, Philip didn't seem to like me questioning his answers on some of those MR questions there.  Apparently he feels his word should be considered just as good as hearing it directly from MR...   :-X

Personally, I'd still like to hear it directly from Amy though.  Of course, MR has been known to change their minds on things...  From time to time...   ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 05:25 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Oops, typo on that one.  Yes, I am going to C3 and will be standing in line like everyone else...or Jay might be.  We might split up our line duties since we have friends coming and I think he enjoys himself more on his own sometimes (as in, he can poke fun of people without me glaring at him).  Honestly, if they limit this to two per person, I can probably snag three extra to help out others that want this but don't really feel like standing in line.  Once C3 gets closer, I assume we'll get a master list organized since not everyone at JD can go and hammer out details like this. 

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2005, 09:49 PM »
Oops, typo on that one.  Yes, I am going to C3 and will be standing in line like everyone else...or Jay might be.  We might split up our line duties since we have friends coming and I think he enjoys himself more on his own sometimes (as in, he can poke fun of people without me glaring at him).  Honestly, if they limit this to two per person, I can probably snag three extra to help out others that want this but don't really feel like standing in line.  Once C3 gets closer, I assume we'll get a master list organized since not everyone at JD can go and hammer out details like this. 

Can I hang out with hubby?  I like poking fun at people (you might have noticed this from time to time) and I'm less likely to get the snot beat out of me if there's two of us :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2005, 10:24 PM »

Can I hang out with hubby?  I like poking fun at people (you might have noticed this from time to time) and I'm less likely to get the snot beat out of me if there's two of us :P

If you've seen the size of my hubby, you wouldn't get the snot beat out of you at all...which is precisely why he comes in really handy at events like this.  If I want to be on the other side of the hall and it doesn't seem like I am making any headway, I just tell him to lead and viola...instant clear path.  And you should see how well he  can reach around other people.  He was perfect in 1999 at the midnight madness toy run. He was crabby and he was in a hurry.  I got the dolls I wanted within a few minutes and he was able to secure items that seem to be so high up, you'd get a nose bleed just thinking about it.  Yup, if sarcasm is your style, he's the person you want to be in line with. ;)
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Oooh, then sign me up for hangin' with Mr. Jadesfire too!  Sounds fun.

But be careful, 'cause Brent's already got him in his sites for some shenanigans!  Better check the C3 thread...   :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Yup, if sarcasm is your style, he's the person you want to be in line with. ;)

Hmm, maybe not then.  I don't think I've ever been called sarcastic in my life.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2005, 08:52 AM »
I was also informed at Toy Fair by one of the MR reps that they have an SDCC and a C3 exclusive mini saber on tap for later this year.

From forum member Gundam aka Rod at the Jawa:

"CELEBRATION 3 EXCLUSIVE
ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber

SUMMER CONVENTIONS EXCLUSIVE
ROTS Anakin Skywalker BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE
ROTS Darth Sidious BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber"

Looks like you guys/gals will have some hunting to do...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Yeah, more hunting for them. Looks like theres also a Gold chase .45 scale lightsaber limited to 150. It's a sealed box so you won't know until you brake the seal and take a looky inside. Have fun.