Author Topic: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones 6" Adventure Series  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro 2023 Indiana Jones 6" Adventure Series
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2023, 10:30 AM »
Yakface summarized Wave 3, and hinted that it might be the final wave.

Everything I'm reading from SDCC makes it sounds like Indy figures (all scales) are done but not 'dead' dead yet.  Hasbro stills hope some new stuff will get made someday but it sounds like nothing is planned past what has been shown.  Anything beyond what was announced will need a lot of help (like a big retail partner or new media) to see production.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2023, 10:34 AM »
What jerks. 

That retro line was so minuscule.  The Adventure Series was one or two waves away from having everything it needed.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2023, 01:36 PM »
Yakface summarized Wave 3, and hinted that it might be the final wave.

Everything I'm reading from SDCC makes it sounds like Indy figures (all scales) are done but not 'dead' dead yet.  Hasbro stills hope some new stuff will get made someday but it sounds like nothing is planned past what has been shown.  Anything beyond what was announced will need a lot of help (like a big retail partner or new media) to see production.

Hopefully Target is seeing success with their exclusives.  It would be nice to see 6" and 3.75" continue in a small way, but they've done a pretty good job with these lines, especially the 6" line.  They've made a few too many Indy variants, and some of the exclusives were a little weird, but for the most part they haven't had many misses.  There are probably another dozen easy choices but they hit the high points if they do call it quits. 

Maybe have a wave come out at Christmas for the next couple of years but I'm not sure they need a constant line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2023, 10:31 PM »
Since there was basically no mention of the Indy lines at SDCC, are we to assume what has been announced is it? I know we kind of all figured that, but I guess it was still a decent run.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2023, 10:44 PM »
Got the Raiders / Cairo Indiana Jones today…

Why was this one $34?!  It seems like a slight retool of the TOD Indiana Jones and there’s nothing special about it.

Was this a “just because” MSRP?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2023, 08:54 AM »
Probably.  Target was charging more for Henry Jones Sr than Sallah, and they were hanging on the pegs right next to each other.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2023, 09:52 AM »
Yeah but this one was available at Pulse and Amazon so it’s not a Target thing, they’ve been the worst offenders.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2023, 04:29 PM »
Got an email from Pulse this morning that the Brody / Belloq 2-Pack is shipping soon.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 6, 2023, 12:32 PM »
Got my Target exclusive Indy map room the other day.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2023, 11:12 AM »
Same. 

I guess it’s just the last wave now unless Hasbro surprises us.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2023, 01:27 PM »
And just like that, Hasbro's charged me for the last wave.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2023, 03:38 PM »
I did pretty well avoiding this line. Combination of not wanting to get involved after the 2008 fiasco, and retail stores here never actually putting any product out (I only ever saw the Target exclusives on pegs).

I did pick up the SH Figuarts Indy, but I'm staying at that. I do want to get Henry Sr and Short Round from the Hasbro line though, but I'll hold out for some deals.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2023, 04:01 PM »
I’m sure things vary by location, but I’d have to say at least around here things didn’t really sit. I’m sure it didn’t sell like gangbusters, as a line 90% populated by old white dudes was going to be an uphill battle. The only figure I really saw clearanced at Target was tuxedo Indy. The on,y one I saw sit even a little from the main line was Marion (and not long), and there aren’t ANY of these figures left locally. Honestly, to try and be “smart” and budget things out a bit I waited on Toht and Belloq, thinking they would be likely clearance candidates but that hasn’t happened at retail or on Amazon. Maybe they ordered somewhat correctly, at least for the first wave. I haven’t seen much of the following waves at all, and got those online. Overall, despite some missed characters, I’m happy with the line and quality. I was honestly hoping they would just slip an Indy into Black Series or something at some point, so to get a whole line was great. Retro figures were a nice bonus too.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2023, 09:53 PM »
I barely saw any of these in stores.  Maybe one of the earlier waves… but nothing in months except the Target exclusives.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2023, 03:31 PM »
I barely saw any of these in stores.  Maybe one of the earlier waves… but nothing in months except the Target exclusives.

Same.

I picked up about 70% of these online, but skipped the Dial of Destiny figures and a few others here and there.  I was hoping to see some of these in person to see if they were interesting enough to grab, or maybe on discount grab them, but I hardly saw any of these at retail and only the ones I had already obtained online.

Does that mean things sold well, or does that mean Target et. al. barely ordered anything?

They hit most of the high points, so I'm not sure the line should continue, but I'd love to see a few vehicles/beasts.  Indy on a horse.  German goon on a motorcycle.  Indy and Henry Sr. on a motorcycle with sidecar.  Maybe as retailer exclusives?