Author Topic: 'Lectric shave!  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
'Lectric shave!
« on: November 15, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Yeah, lame title.

My old Phillishave rotary has died, so I'm looking for a new razor.  I usually use blades but sometimes I'm in a hurry, so I keep an electric at work.  The Phillishave with rotary heads was ok, but still better than the old Braun microfoil I used to have.  Looking to upgrade to a nice razor at Christmas that won't leave my neck looking like hamburger.  Any recommendations?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lectric shave!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 07:11 PM »
I've never owned an electric shaver, so obviously I won't be much help to you Brent.  But I was thinking of asking for one for Christmas, so I was hoping to help kickstart the discussion. 

What do you guys use?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Elecrtic shavers carve too much out of my face (they suck) but the Gillette G2 manual shaver works very nice.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:41 PM »
I've been using Braun shavers for years.  I can't use a blade otherwise I end up with a lot of in-grown hairs.  I've tried rotary shavers before but the ones I've used always felt like they were pulling the hairs out more than cutting them.

Sorry I can't help you with a rotary shaver recommendation Morgbug, but if you decide to go back to a microfoil and you have a thick beard, make sure you get an 'ultraspeed' as they work better on thicker facial hair.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 12:52 AM »
Aren't you retired?   ???