Author Topic: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)  (Read 363473 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Official 1:18 Military Toys Thread (21st, BBI, FOV, etc)
« Reply #585 on: September 8, 2009, 12:06 PM »
I looked at it on the Sears website.  I guess it's alright, but not on par with what I'd like to use for a display piece these days.  Maybe a custom paint scheme on it would improve my opinion of it.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 8, 2009, 02:13 PM »
Here's the link.

And here's the image:

I'd pick up a couple of these if I could get my hands on them....
« Last Edit: September 8, 2009, 02:14 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #587 on: September 8, 2009, 04:42 PM »
I'm hoping to get more I think, but once I get my "one" I'll see.  I'd like 3, to make a larger section of street/facade.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 8, 2009, 10:31 PM »
I have been thinking about this stupid thing all day.  I want two, damn it.  If these aren't at U.S. Big Lots by Halloween, I am going to go on a murderous rampage.

You read it here first.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #589 on: September 8, 2009, 11:00 PM »
Well you're reading it here by me first that you should lock and load my dangerously insane friend!  As most Big Lots stuff comes in once and doesn't restock.  :-X  Sorry man.  I hate it too as they've not had as much as they did the first couple years, and it sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 17, 2009, 03:06 AM »
To my surprise I actually found new PTE figures at my local Big Lots today.  They had both 1:18 and 1:6.  In the 1:18 line they had the Hummer, Helo, cargo truck and buggy.  They also had the attack boat and maybe one other thing that I'm forgetting.

None of the small packs though, with the horse or camel, and none of the buildings or watch tower.  If I have some extra cash later on this year I may pick up a couple of those sets but we'll see.

The local store hasn't had them for a couple of years and the last time they carried them they had pretty much the entire line that was out at the time.  I still wish I'd picked up a few pieces back then.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #591 on: September 21, 2009, 02:18 AM »
Lately they've only gotten in sparse selection that varies by store.  It's been quite disappointing actually, as I really think that bridge playset is outstanding and I'd like another of them.  I'd take more towers, and more Abrams tanks for customizing, but at this point I've got PTE stuff out my ears in a storage bin waiting for future projects.  Probably need to ease up a bit, haha.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #592 on: October 7, 2009, 05:37 PM »
After much hastle on my Canuckia-connection's part, I managed to get the new Power Team Elite "bombed out" building.  And man, this thing's HUGE.  Biggest PTE toy to-date save for maybe the planes if you count the wingspan on them.

It's a really messed up apartment building with a mid-east design.  It would work as a destroyed building on Tatooine, or for a more earthy tone it would work as a N. Africa campaign building, an Italian/Mediterranean building, or modern military operations in Afghanistan or Iraq would suit it as well.  It's gorgeous, and honestly I'd love another one or two of them, to try and make a larger "apartment comlex" type deal.

It's techincally three stories tall, with outdoor and an indoor exposed staircase.  It's painted really nice as the stucco is destroyed away from the building at corners and other spots, and the brick underneath is painted red-ish brown.  There are destroyed window shutters and doors at just about every opening.  There are numerous small and large holes to indicate small arms fire as well as shots from higher caliber weapons and artillery. 

The interior is pretty well devoid of detailing, so some work may be needed inside to "clean it up" some and make it look more realistic.  I'm at the moment at a loss as to how I want to use it to display figures.  I thought a neat "house-to-house" diorama of Stormtroopers clearing it would be a nice diplay up on a higher shelf.  Maybe put some Tatooine-ish stuff around it.  Though I've also got an army of N. Africa figures that would look good with it.

It would also work well as an Indiana Jones type display.  Totally fits with Egypt and whatnot.

I love it... and I owe Dale for buying it for me, and shipping it, which was uber expensive.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 9, 2009, 01:36 PM »
I'm crazy jealous.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #594 on: October 9, 2009, 04:03 PM »
It literally cost me nearly $90 though...  You can rent it if you want.   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #595 on: October 26, 2009, 04:47 PM »
JSI (bought out 21st Century Toy's molds when 21st closed shop) have announced and shown pictures of........

-Modern Flight Crews/personnel
-Prep vehicles (fuel/taxis)
-and a large piece of flight deck

All to display your modern jet!  That's petty slick and I'm down for some of the figures and the vehicle.  I doubt I buy the deck piece if I can avoid it, as I really don't have a modern jet, but the figures and stuff have me pretty excited.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 14, 2009, 01:34 AM »
Fritzkrieg found that playset at Big Lots about a month ago for $30.00 -

Looks better than I thought it would.  More pics here for anyone interested.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #597 on: November 14, 2009, 01:42 AM »
Yup that and the Russian chopper and the Russian APC have all shown up in the U.S>, but distribution is spotty so far.  Locally I've not seen it but I guess it's surfaced further west of where I'm at, and North.  I'm hoping to nab one or two more of them if I can.  It's really quite huge and makes a nice Tatooine building.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 14, 2009, 11:38 AM »
I think I'm convinced that I want one... that thing is very nice in size and the details aren't bad at all.  If I get one, I'd probably consider painting it and adding a wash to it.  Very nice display piece either way, you certainly don't see enough of that in toy lines these days.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #599 on: November 21, 2009, 01:31 AM »
Yeah the interior lacks some umph but it's got very good potential and wouldn't take much to add details.  It makes a good Tatooine building out of the box, but with a deco it could fit in as a war-torn building on virtually any planet save a modern-ish looking one like coruscant.

I'd love 2 more of them to spiff them up a bit.

In other news, apparantly PTE's got a series of Chinese Soldiers out with removable helmets and new bodies/details.  Much superior to the generic white soldiers they've had out now for years...  not many re-used parts at all, smaller hands, nice headsculpts (about 3 I think), removable helmets, and so forth.  Not sure if they'll ever hit the US but it'd be nice.  Some of them come with the cool bomed-out wall sections too that are relatively difficult to find.

If I ever find more of the bombed building I'll post but locally those haven't shown up.  I'd like a couple of the Chinese APC's too, to convert into speeders.   :-\