Author Topic: icruise's collection (Kubricks, 1/6 scale figures, etc.)  (Read 4517 times)

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
Hi guys. I thought I would make a collection thread since I finally got around to displaying my Kubricks in a reasonably attractive manner. Before, they were just sort of lined up on shelves and it looked kind of makeshift. I'll add some pictures of the other parts of my collection later.

The picture you see here is of a corner in my home office, where I have my computer. I have one wall with VCDs and Mighty Muggs (although this will eventually be all VCDs) and another wall for Kubricks.

The shelves are from Michael's hobby shop. I got them because they were on sale 40% off and they also claimed to be easy to install (and in fact they were). All of my Kubricks are on risers made of rectangles of black foam board that I cut out and glued together. I used four layers of foam board per "step" and made three steps, so there are four levels all together (including the shelf itself). I had a few frustrating accidents where one of the figures on the top step would fall and take down all of the ones in front, so I eventually got some Glue Dots (small dots of medium-sticky adhesive that they sell on rolls of tape) and put them on the bottoms of my Kubricks' feet. They're still moveable, but they don't fall over anymore.

I tried a lot of different arrangements for the Star Wars Kubricks and when organizing by movie or series didn't seem to work out very well, I went with "bad guys" and "good guys." The other Kubricks are just sort of haphazardly arranged. I'm sure I will be rearranging them in the future.

« Last Edit: July 7, 2008, 01:54 AM by icruise »

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: icruise's collection (Kubricks, 1/6 scale figures, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: July 7, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Excellent collection!  I really like the shelving and glass displays you have.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Excellent set up you have going.  I have similar shelves from Lowe's....only not quite as fancy.  I like the "no braces" look.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Very awesome collection. You display it well and tastefully.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Astro Galaxy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Astro Galaxy
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Your might muggs are COOL!  :D