Author Topic: Peg/Shelf Space  (Read 6161 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Peg/Shelf Space
« Reply #15 on: January 2, 2006, 11:29 AM »
 i went hunting for saga figures the other day, but found none. the shelf space however has not changed much.

tru had it's massive display as usual, with a few 12" figures, rots melenium falcons and some peg warmer rots figs.

target had a bigger area the usual set up for starwars, but they had little on the shelves at all.

kb toys didn't even have a starwars section though. they had a bunch of vader costumes and a couple rots peg warmer. it was an isle end display with like 4 pegs and 3 shelves. not much  at all!

didn't check wal-mart of k-mart.

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 3, 2006, 10:37 AM »
The peg/shelf space situation has changed quite a bit around here, but Star Wars overall still seems to have plenty of the aisle taken up.  At Target, there seems to be 3 (bare) pegs for basic figures now, with spaces next to it for Unleashed Battle Packs (which have been sitting at WM and Target for awhile now), Galactic Heroes, Force Battlers, Titanium, etc.  Wal-Mart has something similar, although they haven't really "reset" their aisle yet.  Our WM basically has the same, larger ROTS basic figure section, but only has (had, now) one peg with figures on it.  Otherwise an empty aisle.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 5, 2006, 11:53 AM »
I went on a toy run this morning, and I am disturbed.

At Walmart, the planograms are being redone.  I saw the blueprint hanging up in each 4 foot section.  At the Star Wars section, bad things are happening.  The planogram called for 2 vertical rows of pegs for Star Wars, the one on the left is Force Battlers, and the one on the right is Galactic Heroes.  They are surrounded by Attacktix and those crappy little plastic lightsabers.  There is no spot on the planogram for Basic Saga 3 3/4" figures!!  The planogram was done, and no peg hooks were put out for them either, and it looked exactly like the blueprint.

Now before the planogram was redone, I did see some SAGA figs hanging on pegs at Walmart randomly by EIII figures, but they are all sold out now and there's no spot on the shelf to put any more.

Has anyone else observed this at their Walmart?

I was kinda counting on them with Target, Toys 'R' Us and KB Toys charging 6.88, 6.99, and 7.99 respectively.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 5, 2006, 12:11 PM »
I stopped by our closest Wal-Mart yesterday morning, and they had done their "reset" (although no basic figures were on the pegs).  We did have a few pegs for them though, at $5.88.  I think there were three pegs vertically, surrounded by the "other" stuff.  A few pegs for Unleashed Battle Packs, some Force Battlers, Galactic Heroes, Transformers, and Attacktix.  I think that at both Target and Wal-Mart, the Jedi Force line is gone (not that anyone probably cares).  Definitely scaled back for 2006, as we expected, and I think both Target and Wal-Mart have 3 pegs each for their basic figures (totally empty so far).

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 5, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Definitely scaled back for 2006, as we expected, and I think both Target and Wal-Mart have 3 pegs each for their basic figures (totally empty so far).

Not even those 3 pegs were included in my WalMart planogram.

Target, however, does have 8 pegs in their's.

I guess there are differences regionally.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 5, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Why the section is being scaled down to single digit pegs really doesn't make sense to me. 

Well, it makes sense to retailers somehow :P

Now that I've seen 2 different case assortments in the first wave come and go at my WM's I'm glad to anounce there's no pegwarmers so far. I've shopped at 6 different WM's since Dec 23 and they all seem to have 4-6 pegs only for basic figs. This tells me that gone are the days of a store getting 12-14 cases in at a time; now it's more like 1-3 only-and as long as they sell they won't pegwarm.

The only cases I've heard(I wouldn't call it pegwarming) of seeing these saga on the shelves is primarily at Target- but I'm sure it's solely due to their prices more than anything else. I think once Target competitively lowers their price you'll see empty pegs like I do at Walmart. If I hadn't got the first wave when I did at WM I'd still be looking...I remember the first time I saw the figs on pallets (only 1 or 2 case per store) they were gone the next day :o

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 5, 2006, 05:28 PM »
Yeah regrettably at the moment it looks like Target has the better plano for finding figures, too bad since they are over $1 more expensive.  Luckily half of Saga is repacks.
They cannot conquer forever!