Author Topic: Imperial Troopers  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Troopers
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2005, 06:24 PM »
After seeing what they can do for ROTS figures, I am now Super Atriculation or Bust...not that I wasn't that way after VOTC.  Ball Jointed Shoulders, ELBOWS, knees and head at the MINIMUM.

But I think HASBRO could do us a nice generic one with 3 heads (in the same package) AND make variations on the color.

I don't think a Generic Officer with a Death Star Trooper helmet is gonna cut it for me either...it needs to be a DST sculpt with  the "double breasted" tunic look, or the Tanker/SP gunner German Tunic if you prefer (although those did not have the long skirt that the DST jacket has)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 07:25 PM »
For me, my basic "standard" is ball/socket knees, angle-cut elbows, ball/socket neck, and I'd like ball/socket shoulders.  THat's what I think should be standard for the line, however an army builder like the DST should get a little better...  SA or damn close to it (IE: I could lose the ankle joints and ball/socket torso, but that's it).

That idea with multiple heads is a good one too Paul considering 21st Cent. Toys is getting in the habit now of including an ENTIRE torso with some upcoming figures for "army building" variety it seems, plus multiple heads with some figures.  Hasbro can do the same or better I'm sure, especially since their figures sell for $1 or $2 more each.

I've got some renewed hope with the Clones and Firefighter recently pictured but when I look at Veers I just think how bad Hasbro could tank a resculpt of the Death Star Trooper...   :-\  That Veers figure just lacks quite a bit in my book (Like a removable hat, the back of his armor, and knee articulation).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 06:07 PM »
I would love a repack of the VOTC Stormtrooper.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 09:53 AM »
I didn't see a thread about these two guys so I'll drop them in here:

Death Star Gunner......looks nice.  I don't like slash elbows on army builders, and I never will, but at least he has slash elbows with ball socket shoulders so there is a degree of posability to him.  Is is me or do the Toy Fair photos make him look "Green"?  Either way an even dozen will be finding their way to my Imp Army.  He is an improvement over the POTF2 one.

Mojj Jerjerrod.. well, slash elbows without ball jointed shoulders...um not good.  And no knee articulation, not so hot.  But it is a good generic Imperial Officer body.

Sandtrooper....looks like the Commtech rehash AGAIN.  It is getting kinda tired.  If it isn't VOTC, it is not for me.

I did not see any pictures of the rumored Death Star trooper, so there is still hope for him.

All in all it will be a decent year for Imp Army building if you count the At At driver and Biker Scout.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2006, 11:43 AM »
VOTC stormies in mailer boxes. 30.00 for a set of 4. Do it with biker scouts, snowtroopers, and imperial officers. I'll give up coffee, pepsi, and (some) beer. Please do this...

I don't want to see any more army builders in expensive packaging that is just headed to a landfill anway.