Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50535 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2005, 02:02 AM »
Yeah, there's 2 Barada's, and the vintage styled one is a whole different outfit...  It'd require a new sculpt almost entirely for the POTF outfit to be made...  A repaint would be a very half-hearted attempt I think.

On the issue of reusing VOTC so soon, I can see a reasoning behind not wanting to see those figures re-released in a basic format, I also think they're the best versions (at least 50% of them are) of their respective character so anything less would be just as annoying to see as well...  VOTC Chewie with a real chain on a removable "dog collar" seems like a neat basic figure to me.  I try to look at the original VOTC as $5 worth of figure with $5 worth of packaging...  I'm not even a packaged collector 90% of the time, but those ones I had to keep at least the packaging nice and neat.

So to that end, I'd dig seeing VOTC Chewie out just because anything less is going to be sorta crummy quality.  Hasbro should just save a buck, re-release a sculpt they have, slap some new crap on him...  If they were REALLY nice they could include a tentacle arm or something weird...  A pike maybe?  The ROTS Chewie sorta sucks though so I'm not a fan of that one re-appearing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2005, 08:57 AM »
That's kind of how I feel about the VOTC being reissues.  I can see the side of things where people would be frustrated at just spending $10 or more on these less than a year ago, and now they'd be available for less.  Personally, I'm all for it, for the reasons that Jesse listed above.  With figures like ANH Han, Chewie, Stormtrooper, etc., any other version of these is just going to look silly in comparison.  These are the best versions of these characters, and if they need to repack them, I'd just as soon see them use these versions.  I know I'd like some more of those Stormies for $6 a piece :).  There's your "solid case pack" Hasbro ;).

Offline jimmyfortuna

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2005, 12:12 AM »
we had it confirmed through mike at rebelscum that the next VOTC figs will be on those crappy POTF COIN cards from 1985. YUCK! BOYCOTT HASBRO!!!!
HASBRO = HAS-BROKE!!!!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2005, 02:12 AM »
Okay.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2005, 03:26 AM »
And "Mike At Rebelscum" is?

Nothing on their front page about it either...  Not to say that POTF cards (a POTF wave perhaps) isn't in the works...  It's been a rumor for a while so I wouldn't doubt it...  But nobody's really stretching their neck on POTF styled cards as a "sure thing" right now.

If they are, so be it... 

I'm glad to see Han in Carbonite's making it into the basic line, Just pondering how articulated the figure will wind up being.  interchangeable heads a possibility with that figure too?  It's one of my favorite Han moments though so the figure should rock.

I wonder how they'd have done him had he made his way into VOTC?  Like besides articulation, how he'd be "special" compared to his basic figure release that he seems to be getting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jimmyfortuna

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2005, 05:31 AM »
Mike Sullinger i think is his name-- he told me that via email after his "Q & A" with the Hasbro rep.

what do you guys think about a Star Wars Shop Exclusive "Han Solo in Carbonite- Unleashed" ? wouldn't that be rad??? i think we should petition Hasbroke on that one ASAP.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2005, 10:13 AM »
we had it confirmed through mike at rebelscum that the next VOTC figs will be on those crappy POTF COIN cards from 1985. YUCK! BOYCOTT HASBRO!!!!
HASBRO = HAS-BROKE!!!!

With respect, this is the wrong thread for this discussion and about unleashed which has been canceled.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 10:13 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Mike Sullinger i think is his name-- he told me that via email after his "Q & A" with the Hasbro rep.

what do you guys think about a Star Wars Shop Exclusive "Han Solo in Carbonite- Unleashed" ? wouldn't that be rad??? i think we should petition Hasbroke on that one ASAP.

First off, welcome to JediDefender.  :)

Second, Mike Sullenger is from GalacticHunter, not Rebelscum.

Third, as Darth Anton pointed out, this thread is for discussion of the upcoming Battle of Carkoon wave. 

If you'd like to talk about potential upcoming vOTC figures you can do it in this thread:
VOTC and OTC Returns in 2006!

If you'd like to talk about the recently cancelled Unleashed line, you can do it here:
Unleashed Again

Thanks!

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2005, 10:42 PM »
Ok, I am pretty ROTS'ed out...I'm ready for some new OT stuff (re-sculpt or not)......when are these new waves going to be hitting retail?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2005, 12:37 AM »
I'm wagering we'll see the first of it maybe around December or so Paul.  Maybe not till into '06 though.  I wouldn't say I'm rots'd out yet though, but I definitely could use some classic army builder figs after buying Clones for so long.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2005, 10:00 AM »
I'm wagering we'll see the first of it maybe around December or so Paul.  Maybe not till into '06 though.  I wouldn't say I'm rots'd out yet though, but I definitely could use some classic army builder figs after buying Clones for so long.

The figure releases are like car releases. We'll see the '06 models by years end. November or December.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2005, 10:13 AM »
Ok, I am pretty ROTS'ed out...I'm ready for some new OT stuff (re-sculpt or not)......when are these new waves going to be hitting retail?
I would guess we should be seeing Hasbro updating fairly soon with the first shots of these.  They are usually out in November/December.  Although last year the Cantina Wave came out in October IIRC.  BUT...there is still the final 12 ROTS figures as well and there hasn't been preorders yet for those.  So, I think 2006 might actually be right

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2005, 12:13 PM »

December?  January?

I'm in the same boat though, I'm sick of ROTS - and the 12 new figures being 12 old figures hasn't helped that one bit.

So I'm ready for new OT stuff, and new VOTC would be a welcome addition - I'm 100% cool with the idea of VOTC POTF cards with coins of figures like Barada or Sim Aloo or Yak Face.  As long as it is a high quality re-sculpt of a vintage figure on a reproduction of the appropriate vintage card - I'm buying.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2005, 12:19 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat as many of you.  While I am looking forward to some of the remaining ROTS figures (Pilot Obi, and all the clones in particular), other than that I'm ready for some OT goodness once again.  I'm hoping we'll start seeing these in December, but I guess you never know.  I'm kind of curious about the possibility of further VOTC figures, it seems like in some of the Q and A's that Hasbro is kind of dropping hints that they might be a possibility for next year.  POTF cards with coins would be quite cool.  Hopefully Hasbro will release some info on their site about some of the 2006 stuff, it seems like it has been pretty quiet on the "new news" front for awhile.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 12:20 PM by mosnab »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2005, 10:08 PM »
Yeah, after these final 12 ROTS figures I will be ready for the OT stuff.  I have a bad feeling though.  I am really only interested in stuff we have either never gotten before (Hermi Odle, Tonnika Sisters, Yarna) or redone vintage figures we have not gotten yet (say Dignitary, Chief Chirpa, vinty Barada) or badly needed resculpts like R5-D4. 

Having said that for some reason I just don't think Hasbro is going to give to many of those items in 06.  Hopefully I am dead wrong.  The new Boushh, Han Carbonite, and Bib Fortuna are good for a start but can't say I am super stoked about them.  Although I will undoubtedly buy them.  I just hope more new stuff is to come that's all.