Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 177784 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #570 on: September 20, 2005, 02:00 PM »
Looks like EE is now taking pre-orders for a "different" set of Clones... probably the v2 set with White/Gray troopers:

"Hasbro has informed us that this Clone Trooper set may be different than item number HS85726 / HS85553B1. Clone Troopers and exact sculpts subject to change"

Individually:
Star Wars Episode III Evolutions Pack 4: Clone Trooper = $26.99

By the case:
Star Wars Episode III Evolutions Wave 2 Rev. 2 Case= $104.99

So,
wave 1 = 4x Anakin,
wave 2 = 2x Anakin, 2x Clone #1
wave 3 = 2x Clone #1, 2x Sith
wave 2, rev 1 = 4x Clone #1
wave 2, rev 2 = 2x Clone #2
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 20, 2005, 03:58 PM »
By the time Amazon actually fills my order, I fully expect the clones that arrive will be the white/gray version.  Jim (chuckles) was kind enough to pick me up one of the originals, so I'm hoping in November when I'm down I can find one or two others languishing somewhere as people clamor for the new versions.  Amazon bumped my order back from September to October 04 now.   That's the fourth bump back so far :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 20, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Quote from: MetalJedi
You must be the only collector where you live. You can send those down my way.
[quote

No there's probably 8 but I get to most stuff first, they hate me but I don't care I'm indifferent. It's probably where you guys reside west of the San Bernardino Mtns because there's thousands of collectors down there compared to a scant few where I live East of the MTNs.

It's funny I see alot of guys giving me that "look of death" when they see I'm checking out or leaving the isle with the last of the good stuff often. Especially that big Indian dude ..man, I've burned him often. So what, If they best me I don't get mad because there are several stores I know I can get stuff later. 

Your info could have been useful the last few weeks ...I could have gotten you 8 each of sith and clones if I knew. Sorry. :(

No worries on that. If you do see another Sith Evo could you grab it for me? I need an opener. By the way does that Indian dude have long black hair in a ponytail usually? There's an Indian guy I see few and far between and he gave me the look of death when scored some stuff. This was awhile ago though.

Sounds right..wow! I didn't realize he covered such a large area!

One of the many times "he hate me" he cried at me at TRU. I was first in line waiting for silver Vaders and He and another walked up behind me stupidly talking about SW (so I knew what they were going after now). I smartly remained silent- then, when the store opened I walked quickly to the SW section. LOL-they started running in horror when the "assumed HW guy"(me) turned towards the SW instead! LOL- then I quickly pulled 4 vaders off the shelf-on my fourth one he cried" man...how many you gonna take :'(?" which was a joke because he and his buddy Pat got 3 each and I got 4 so whaaa, whateva. LOL- I hear this story from the Indian's friend Pat all the time and every time I took 5, now 6,next week it will be 7, ect! LOL-he doesn't even realize duh-you're talking to the guy who beat you!hillarious-and that's only ONE example of many times I burned that guy! 8) ::)

He's cried to me too. I picked up the wave 3 of VOTC at Target when they were on sale for 8 or whatever. So I picked up both Fetts and Stormies. And he started crying.
I remember my dream now.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #573 on: September 20, 2005, 10:02 PM »
New Photo...

« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:08 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #574 on: September 20, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Cool, a pooptrooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 20, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I'm not sure right now if I am going to go after the white version that hard of this set. I am very happy with the yellow version and this set just doesn't do anything for me. Guess it depends how much money I have in November, and IF I want to hunt for em.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 20, 2005, 11:38 PM »
And here I thought the ****-smears on the current Sandtrooper were bad... :P

That said, I actually really like the gray Clone Commander (the real Coruscant Clone Commander for the gray Clones?) but did anyone else notice the second Clone belt laying amongst the accessories?  I know that the Sandtrooper's belt is removable but I wonder why that's there.   ???

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #577 on: September 21, 2005, 12:03 AM »
And here I thought the ****-smears on the current Sandtrooper were bad... :P

That said, I actually really like the gray Clone Commander (the real Coruscant Clone Commander for the gray Clones?) but did anyone else notice the second Clone belt laying amongst the accessories?  I know that the Sandtrooper's belt is removable but I wonder why that's there.   ???

Pop off the kama and pauldron on the ROTS commander and you have a regular gray Coruscant grunt. That would awesome if that is actually in the set, and not just a mock up image. Other that the poopertrooper I am really excited for this variant, it'll be better to army build with since we get grunts instead of commanders. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #578 on: September 21, 2005, 12:16 AM »
did anyone else notice the second Clone belt laying amongst the accessories?  I know that the Sandtrooper's belt is removable but I wonder why that's there.   ???

I think it's so that you can do what SLC said - take off the kama and pauldron and put on the gray belt and you have a regular ROTS gray Clone Trooper  8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #579 on: September 21, 2005, 12:23 AM »
I'm looking at the Kama (I love having a word other than "skirt" for this) and I don't see a means of popping it off shorto f some customizing. :)

It's not a Stormie belt, but this thread enlightened me that the Sandie's belt comes off, that's cool.  Weird that it does, but cool.

I like the grey uniformed Clones myself...  The Sandtrooper's looking mighty mucky but I'm ok with that.  They haven't done a good Sandtrooper paintjob yet anyway, so I'm not too picky there.  He's just seen some heavy action it seems.

Never understood why troopers on a desert planet were really all that muddy, since sand isn't really muddy, but whatever.

More Evolutions sets for me to not find!  Yay!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 21, 2005, 01:11 AM »
Sand is abrasive, coarse, and it gets everywhere.

Ask any veteran from Desert Storm or Iraqi Freedom, and they will gladly tell you how sand is. :D

When I lived in Texas, after a week of bycicling, my white bike helmet had orange stains where the sand had assulted it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 21, 2005, 01:44 AM »
I think the "sanding" of the Sandtrooper actually looks really good - I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 21, 2005, 02:08 AM »
The new variant set is awesome! I love it man!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 21, 2005, 02:50 AM »
Damn clones. Now I have to get these as well. Looks like I'll just order a case from EE.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 21, 2005, 01:05 PM »
I certanly hope they put the clone variation out in decent quantity.

I poped open the Sith set last night and man am I impressed. The evolution series has been a real winner for me and I hope and pray it continues.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."