Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474371 times)

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 03.02.06
« Reply #1875 on: March 2, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Maybe Rykrof will have a bit too much juma juice and motorboat those babies......pbpbpbpbpbppbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbbbbt!

I like the new head on her, Chew.  Did you think about putting some sort of decorative pattern on her leku tentacle thingies?  I think that might be nice, but maybe that's my idiosyncratic mind in overdrive.   ;) :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 3, 2006, 12:45 AM »
Maybe Rykrof will have a bit too much juma juice and motorboat those babies......pbpbpbpbpbppbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbpbbbbt!

Rykrof is a motorboatin' son of a bitch!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1877 on: March 3, 2006, 04:15 AM »
Awesome pics Chewie love the jedi's and the photo novel looks great top stuff mate.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 3, 2006, 10:14 AM »
Thanks guys.  The Annika figure is from www.spylounge.net

And yes my computer at home has crashed.  I had to take it to a repair shop yesterday, and I probably won't have it back for a while.  Which means no CHEWIE updates for a while.  The worst thing will be if any files are lost on it, I had a ton of work done on the next photonovel.

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 3, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Thanks guys.  The Annika figure is from www.spylounge.net

And yes my computer at home has crashed.  I had to take it to a repair shop yesterday, and I probably won't have it back for a while.  Which means no CHEWIE updates for a while.  The worst thing will be if any files are lost on it, I had a ton of work done on the next photonovel.

Chewie updates are like a drug.  I need Chewie updates.  Fix you computer quickly.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1880 on: March 3, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Chewie updates are like a drug.  I need Chewie updates.  Fix you computer quickly.

Agreed. Even when I can't post comments for lack of time, I ALWAYS check up on the JD boards for CHEWIE's latest (along with the rest of the JD crew). :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 3, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Very nice of you guys to say such nice things... also, I found out more about my computer, it wasn't just the power supply but something else seems to have fried on the circuit board.  To get that fixed, along with an upgrade on my computer is going to run me $350.00 plus I have to pay $1000.00 on my insurance deductible for hail damage to my house. 

So..... I'm going to be low on money for a bit, and I figure the best way for me to get out of the hole is to sell off some stuff.  I am going to most likely have several items up for sale very soon, mostly custom figures priced anywhere from $5-$15 each.  I am going to ask for anyone who wants to purchase them to have a $20.00 minimum order though Paypal with $1.00 shipping in a bubble mailer.

It's not going to be fun for me to do this, but crap I need the money.  It won't be all customs either, maybe some vehicles will be included too and shipping on the bigger items will vary.  The goal will be to raise $500.00 to help get things back in order.

« Last Edit: March 3, 2006, 03:51 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 3, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Ok, I already had two inquiries about asking for specific figures I might be selling - I don't know yet and probably not any Rykrof figures - as soon as I know for sure what I'm doing I'll post pics of what is for sale and prices I'd like to get.

Also I probably won't have internet access until Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 4, 2006, 11:52 PM »
I was able to get my computer back today, and after a day of complete aggravation with it, it appears that there is something wrong with the USB drive.  I can't download anything from any camera the mouse won't work from the USB port either.  Ridiculous.  This cost me almost $400.00 to get fixed, then I found out I owe on taxes, and the crap with my insurance.  So, the next photonovel in the Rykrof series will be delayed, and I think I have to take my computer back to the shop again on Monday.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1884 on: March 5, 2006, 12:06 AM »
CHEWIE-

Hate to hear that, man. At least you have a hobby to distract you from your worries, right? :)

I hope things settle down for you soon. It does seem bad luck hits in bunches, so let's hope it's all over.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 5, 2006, 01:01 PM »
CHEWIE, sorry to hear about all your problems and stuff, hope things get better for ya!!!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 5, 2006, 06:25 PM »
If they replaced your motherboard, they should've given you a CD with it that has drivers and assorted utilities on it.  Since USB has been around for a while now, you don't normally have to install USB drivers to get the ports working right, especially in Win XP.  However, if your motherboard came with a CD, see if it has USB drivers on it.  If so, install those before you take it back.

Good luck, hopefully that'll work.  If not, may the techs that "fixed" it get it right this time.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 5, 2006, 06:57 PM »
Hey Chewie,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. For $400.00 you could practically get a new hard drive!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #1888 on: March 5, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Jeez CHEWIE, I'm really sorry to hear about troubles!  Where did you take your computer?  I would think they would have to fix the USB port for free since they messed it up.  Hopefully everthing will get sorted out quickly.  It's too bad that you have to sell your figures, but at least you know they will find good homes! 

I have to say, this figure:

absolutely rules! 

The parts choice and paint job (as always) are perfect, but the overall design is what really does it for me.  Combining the AT-AT and Snowtrooper parts turned out great and it's always cool to see Rykrof in a cool new uniform.  I might have to borrow this and the Imperial Officer/Clone Trooper combination that Rykrof sported a while back.  Great work CHEWIE  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 6, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Thanks Gregorbian and to everyone else.  I'm not selling off really that much of my collection, just some stuff that I really don't need. 

I basically did get an all new hard drive with so much that was replaced on my computer, they even gave me an all new tower.  As for the USB, I ran the CD like suggested, but it's still not working - it's basically telling me I don't have any USB ports.  So, it's going back to the shop today.