Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472132 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOM UPDATE
« Reply #225 on: April 13, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Thank you Dimetrodon - you're the man.   :)

This one was pretty simple to make like you said - only took about 30 seconds.   ;)

:P

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2005, 02:26 AM »
Pretty cool. Makes Tarfful look a lot better. I didn't buy one because the yellow mess on his fur was horrible. and i didn't feelt he need to get one much anyway. but it looks a ton better now. awesome job.

I haven't seen anyone use the jango armor like that yet. pretty cool idea. makes him ook pretty bulky and intimidating. how does his back look though? I can't wait to see this guy in action, i hope he doesn't go out like some punk though.

I need to get another senate guard to mess with now, those guys really excite my custom senses. :-D

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2005, 03:13 AM »
Sweet mother of moses in a motorcycle sidecar! Those are some of the finest customs I've ever seen!  :o

First off, Tarful looks amazing. I swear, it looks like he stepped right out of the film. I've long been a vocal fan of Chewie's drybrushing ability, but never is it more apparent how good it is than when it's on a Wookiee. You've done some amazing wooks, but this one may well be the finest you've ever done.

Being partial to Mandalorians, I LOVE this custom. The mix of parts is terrific, and believe me, I'm going to copy this one right down to the paint job. I can't wait to see this guy in action; I just hope he lasts longer than the previous Mandalorians. What I'd like to see: Rykrof and Bledda really mix it up hand to hand. We've never seen Rykrof have to rely on his fists, and I think this guy would be THE opponent for such a struggle, even if it ends without a decisive victor. (i.e. Ralbarr intervenes and punts Bledda like a football.)

Damn. That's all I have to say. Just damn.

-DD

Addendum: Is that a deluxe Jango armor plate over the chest of the Mandalorian? Sweeeeet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 03:14 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2005, 04:42 PM »
Hi DD, thanks for the feedback.  And Dimetrodon, thanks for hosting/posting them.

TARFFUL - I used the Wookiee Warrior legs for the knees one down because I wanted some better articulation in that area.  It was suggested over at RS that I add in some yellow highlights... I don't think I am going to do that, but I might try and make his pattern on his face a bit better.

BLEDDA - I am totally thinking about making this guy a somewhat important character in the Rykrof Enloe series.  There will be some sort of exchange between the two of them... and it will be on a personal basis... heh heh... very, very personal.  And yeah, that's the deluxe armor plate... finally found a use for it.   :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Chewie: What colors did you use, and how did you apply them? I want to try to make my own, but I'm afriad it won't come out nearly as well.

What would it take to bribe you to let me send you this figure and have you paint it for me?   :D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2005, 09:12 PM »
I hear he likes cheese... :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2005, 09:16 PM »
I like naked women.  Send a few hot ones to my house.   :)

Are you talking about the Tarfful?  Or Bledda?

I would be happy to help you out.  Just let me know.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I'm talking about Tarful. Wookiees, I think, are your specialty.

I'll shoot you an e-mail...I have another idea I want to talk to you about anyway.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2005, 01:14 AM »
A Gotal Pirate from CHEWIE.

Made from -

- Gotal head/hands
- AT-ST Han body
- CT Han jacket
- Battle Droid blaster
- paint

I like it alot, but the colors are a little dull. Gotals are becoming mor epopular it seems. in the RPG a lot of my friends play as them, and they even made a gotal mini for the WOTC game.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated 4.16.05
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2005, 01:22 AM »
Hmmm... maybe the colors are too dull.  What paint scheme would you suggest instead?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 01:21 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated 4.16.05
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2005, 03:46 PM »
It's not blah, as much as it blends in to his fur a lot. Maybe if you changed his fur to a more brown color. that'd be easiest i think. or change his suit to a greenish grey color.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2005, 03:54 PM »
I already put in my 2 cents at FFURG and RS, so I won't rehash it here...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2005, 05:26 PM »
It's not blah, as much as it blends in to his fur a lot. Maybe if you changed his fur to a more brown color. that'd be easiest i think. or change his suit to a greenish grey color.

Thanks for the input bud, I appreciate it.  If I ever go back to repaint this guy, I will take into consideration what you said.

But definitely - on my next Gotal custom, I'll make sure the color scheme is different between his uniform and fur.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2005, 06:24 PM »
CHEWIE - They are looking fantastic!!!

I lovvvvve the Tarful. He is so much better lloking. And it is cool that he has more articulation, when I got mine I assumed it was the same as the preview Wook and damn near torn his leg off trying to move it. ::) :P It really is amazing how much one of your paint jobs can improve a figure. He improved ten fold.

The Mandalorian is really sweet! That body is fantastic, I need to get myself several more. :)

The gotal looks pretty good as weel, I agree he may be a bit bland color wise, but he still looks great!

Just out of curiosity how much do you pend per year on Star Wars? You always seem to have toons of every figure and tons more for customizing, I am extremely jealous. ;) :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Thanks Sith Lord Chaos - good to see you are still here.  Thanks for the kind comments.

I spend way too much money on SW figures... I'd say in a non-movie year somewhere around $1500-$2000, and in movie years at least $3000.  And I don't make nearly enough money to justify that spending... I don't have any kids yet though, but sometime in the next year or two, my wife wants to have a baby Wookiee or two. 

Also - check out the new photonovel section if you haven't yet - there's a lot of new cool stuff in there, including several new photonovels by another member, Jediknight760071!