Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 475041 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS
« Reply #2490 on: June 30, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Blast from the past!!!

I guess I got 50% of those jobs done. I made a normal Lobot and a normal DS trooper (though its actually a ROTJ DS trooper). I'd better get my ass in gear and make some alien senators. But first I have to finish Jabba's palace.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: July 3, 2006, 01:44 AM »
You definitely owe us a customs update Lando my friend.   ;)

I don't think I remember the dumpster thing Outrider...

Anyways, sorry I haven't been around here much lately guys, getting things up and running at www.yakface.com (check out the forums, check out the forums) and have been so busy.

But I did get a new photonovel up in the PN section here, so check it on out and let me know what you think.   ;)

:)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 3, 2006, 02:04 AM »
I don't custom yet but plan to do re-paints & switch heads.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 4, 2006, 12:30 AM »
Finally back up and running again, and ready to dish out the critques. ;D

BANDIN, DILFERDEE and RALLEN > Great  looking bunch of average Joes Chewy! I like the way you mixed up the Tunic/Belts on them to give them some variety. The guy with the beard, Rallen I believe, is my favorite. Did you paint the beard on or is it part of the original sculpt? My only recomendation would be to paint one of the floppy hats a different color.

KAFRIN> Clearly the Gem of the Bunch. Good parts mix. Great Paint Aps. And clever use of the AOD Battle Ax. I'm going to have to steal this one from you. Good Job!

MOFF TALYCIN and POLIS MASAN SLAVE > I like the Way the Cloak looks on Genral Veers body. I never thought to use it for that. Thanks for the Idea. I'd really like this Imp if it was'nt for that 21st German's Head. That guy makes the rest of us Germans look pretty Ugly. I think every one of those heads that I have hase been trimmed down to use as a peg. The Polis Masan just seems a little bit off to me for some reason. I think it has to do with the fact that I never really liked the design of the Polis Masans in the film. I feel Lucas kind of chinced out on these aliens when he could have made something really cool instead.

RYKROF ENLOE > Who does Rykrof think he's fooling. What would a peasant need with two Blasters strapped to his thighs. He must be from South Central Theed. Enloe in the hood Representin. Just Kiddin!, Actually asticly i really like the way this custom looks. Good Work.

Photo Novel Previews > Nice Shots, I can't wait to see some new Chapters! What did that poor Trany do to deserve a death like that?

Great Job as alway Chewie!

Keep it Up.

Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 4, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Thanks Fritz and welcome back buddy! 

On the bearded peasant, it's a Madine head so I just painted over the beard a bit for a new color.  I ought to paint one of those hats like you said.

Anyways, here's a couple new photonovel preview pics.

Still in the remakes phase.   :-\

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 4, 2006, 11:48 AM »
It's still lookin' great!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 6, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Thanks Roton for always being so kind.   :-*

Got a couple new customs coming soon, but I did get my latest PN up HERE and also here are a couple previews for one I'll have up sometime next week.

I might not be around for a few days but will try and update again soon.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated 7.07.06
« Reply #2497 on: July 7, 2006, 12:43 AM »
WOW!!! SpecialOpsUnit at Scum just informed me that someone made a live action video from one of my photonovels.  He changed the characters some and added mostly his own shots, but this is really, really cool to see someone do something like this!

He based it off of #4 - DECEPTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SbOvT-ZJSk&search=Ki-Adi-Mundi

Check it out... this is pretty dang cool... at least to me!   ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: July 7, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Going to check out the video now,but while it loads I've got another background question for you.   Is that background with Rykrof and Alyssa real or digital?  If its real can I see more of it.  Its a great backdrop for Naboo.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #2499 on: July 7, 2006, 09:54 AM »
watching the video right now...i cant believe he replace rykrof with ki adi mundi....other thatn that its pretty kwl...the yoda voice im way stranger than i expected...it sounds like jar jar binks lol, but the photography...or should that be cinematograhpy...is pretty good, and it uses a lot of your PN's photos..all in all...its pretty strange seeing that all in movement and stuff but i think he could have used more than him when doing the voices lol
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: July 7, 2006, 10:18 AM »
It was a bit weird not seeing Rykrof. And all the voices being the same. But pretty cool I guess. At least Chewie's PNs might get some more veiws now. And more fans ;D
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2501 on: July 7, 2006, 11:04 AM »
GRRR, NO RYKROF. thats Sacrilage >:( I also couldn't tell beetween the characers, the voices were the same for Valorum and Belpointes. ( he also said valoreum) LOL Anyway it was still pretty cool, to see the connection between the two.

He got you name wrong too Justin ::)

adam

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #2502 on: July 7, 2006, 11:31 AM »
You should just make a movie yourself chewie.
It would be too cool. You have all the backdrops already.
Just print them out.
Or, send him a rykroff custom and have him do it right the next time.

Cool though, i told you about your influence in the community... Your reach rivals that of the empire!
« Last Edit: July 7, 2006, 11:41 AM by Glassman6 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: July 7, 2006, 02:18 PM »
I don't mind that he didn't use a Rykrof for his remake, no big deal.  I think it's just cool that someone took the time to read it and go through the trouble to tweak it to whichever way they like.  As for the voices, they do sound kinda funny but I've tried making some little videos in the past and it's never easy... so time consuming!  I was really impressed with what he did though.  You guys are way to nice to me though.   ;)

On the backdrop of this pic -

I've been saving that for a while actually for a PN.  I thought it might get more exposure to the series that way.  It's made from foamcore, and a fellow customizer (a1deluxe) made it for me.  He's very nice and helpful too.  I'll have many, many more pics of it up soon in the PN that it's in, and it will show up in more than one PN.  I'll also try and get more regular pics taken of it too without figures on it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: July 7, 2006, 03:48 PM »
Here's another view of that Naboo scene.