Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 470921 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOM UPDATE - ASSASSINS OF EVIL PREVIEW
« Reply #75 on: February 8, 2005, 06:12 AM »
If you're having trouble with Chat that's one thing but I was meaning the FFURG FForums are a great place to get input...  You should go there, unless that's what you meant that you can't get into.

If you can though, the FFURG FForums would appreciate you showing the work there.  I didn't notice it yet there myself incase you tried.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 8, 2005, 12:52 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm home sicker than hell with the flu or a bad stomach virus.  This really sucks, need a bath in Bacta.

Jesse, I think it's the FFURG forums that I've had trouble with.  For some reason I never can get the site to work, it's so frustrating.  I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong.  I'll try it again.

Famine, yeah this outside scenes would be 100% better if I took them outside.  In the first few photonovels there's a planet called Abridon that could seriously use some outdoors type atmosphere.  Do the woods scenes on Naboo look ok?  Or that Tatooine streets that I made?

In my 7th one that is almost finished the entire thing is in an outdoor environment (Tatooine and Geonosis), I think I did so much better with this one.  I can't wait for it to be up and for you guys to let me know what you think.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 8, 2005, 10:23 PM »
I think the Tatooine streets were done pretty awsome. Man, I wish I still had my old diorama set I did for a compound in Jurassic Park...some foam core, some decals and a little paint and glue, and I had alleys/halls made. You should give that a try for some scenes. With some different decor or inserts along the walls they can be used for many shots.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 9, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Yeah, I'll do something like that - thanks for the idea.   :)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2005, 03:01 AM »
Chewie,

Some kickass customs you've made recently. I really dig the Emperor Palpatine, the new hood does wonders for the sub-par effort of the Saga figure. And the Sith Lord is just wicked cool. He should be used to kill Jar-Jar :)  I didn't see it mentioned, but what parts did you use to Bluboo besides the obvious Rebo parts? They look like they might be from Pote Snitkin or Ketwol.

Look for an e-mail from me about the FForums problems you've been having.

Happy Customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Thanks Corran... I think I got it figured out now.  On the main FFURG page, I don't see a link anywhere to the forums, just the chat room.  The chat room won't work for me, but I can follow the link Jesse put in the FFURG thread here to get there.  Is there a link to the forums on the main page that I am missing?

Bluubo was made from just Pote Snikin body and arms with the Max Rebo parts, turned out better than I expected.   :)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2005, 06:16 PM »
Some picture from the Latest Diorama sroty, set for a future release. And must I say, that Spider-Droid is most impressive. Justin told me in the E-mail that Owen Driscol made it. I remember him from the curto custom alliance. Fantastic customizer I must say. I'm glad it's being put to such fine use. Let's hope it crushes its opponents.  ;)

Not sure what the deal is with the wookie and the Mandalorian, but we shall see.
And on to the lightsabers, I think you should try to do an actual saber effect, similar to the lasers if you can. It would only enhance the photos. And I like what looks to be  Republic GI Joe tank. haha.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 06:19 PM by Dimetrodon »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2005, 06:22 AM »
CHEWIE those look awsome. Good job on those, and much love to whoever made that Spider-Droid. You also do some damn good night time effects. Some of the best Ive seen.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Dimetrodon, thanks again for hosting them and posting them for me.

Famine, thanks for the compliments.  You can see more of Owen Driscoll's work at www.owenscustoms.com.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Can I ask how you keep all your droids standing?

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Well, in the sand it's pretty easy since it supports them rather well.  Also if you use the Real Stands in the sand, you can cover the stands up with sand and it makes them stand even better.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2005, 11:18 AM »
I need to order a couple of hundred of those Real Stands.

Thanks CHEWIE.

Kevin

P.S. When can we expect this next story?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Yeah, the Real Stands are very nice as they have two pegs for both feet for the Battle Droids.

I'm not sure yet when the photonovels can be updated here with Angry Ewok's added special effects to kind of make them a "Special Edition."  They were supposed to resume in January and every month after that, but there has been a bit of a technical issue.  The last two should however be up at the custom alliance sometime this month I think, but it's hard to tell.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2005, 02:48 PM »
Awsome. I stole that Owen fellows idea, and made a rocket launching Clone Rifle.

I cant wait for the next part of your saga.

Kevin

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Daaaaamn!!! That's some smooth stuff, CHEWIE!!!  :o :o :o

Its awesome to see those wookiee warriors in the new photonovels. I can't wait for those to go up! That custom emperor you made is freakin awesome! You've inspired me to scour ebay for a SAGA emperor to fix up the CHEWIE way!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram