Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162357 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update 11.13.05
« Reply #555 on: November 14, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Ok, I see.  I guess his waist just seems a bit thin.  I'm not criticizing it, just trying to figure out how I'm gonna try and may my own. 

Great painting on this too by the way!

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 14, 2005, 12:47 AM »
Don't worry Chewie, I didn't think you were criticizing. And I wouldn't take offense if you were.  ;D

I originally tried mixing this with the SAGA Palpy, but it looked terrible.

If I find a better lower torso I'll definitely pop this one out and use that one. Personally I'd like to find one that's a little more "action" oriented.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #557 on: November 14, 2005, 05:25 PM »
Hi Ya DD

Hope you are feeling better now!

I really like your version of Palpatine very well done just wish that I could get more variety of figures here in Oz so I can do more customs. Keep up the great work look forward to seeing more.

Ron

Offline red5sixx

• Youngling
  • How much for everything??
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 14, 2005, 11:11 PM »
Hey DD,

As if I don't say it all the time nice custom. We need to see more of your post so the big H can see how it should be done. What do you think?

Red5

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2005, 12:00 AM »
dude sick palpatine but what lightsaber is that? is it from the bust up? and call me retarted but what exactly is a Mandalorian and why does it look like boba/jango?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:00 AM by kliqfan4life »
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Looks like the lightsaber is from the bust up.

A Mandalorian is a member of a group of masked warrior clans in the Star Wars universe. Mandalorians are less of a species, and more of a culture: they assimilate new species into their own existing culture when they conquer a planet or people. The leader of the Mandalorians typically takes on the title of "Mandalore". Mandalorians are frequently allied with the Sith Order, most notably Exar Kun and much later as a prototype for the clone troopers under the power of Darth Sidious and the Galactic Republic.

Originally, the Mandalorian clans were led by the warlord "Mandalore the First" and were ranked amongst the best fighters in the galaxy, thriving for battle. They were known for their use of cutting-edge weaponry and held to a strict code of honor. They were a warrior race. These Mandalorians wore crusader armor that differed from one soldier to the next.

Mandalore itself is a temperate, albeit desolate, world located in a rather overlooked and inconspicuous area at the edge of the Inner Rim. Making a living upon its surface took on a battle of survival, and thus, the Mandalorians know no other way of succession. Most importantly, however, is the metal that is only found on this planet to date. It is called Mandametal, and is the only known metallic substance that can resist the focused energy output of a weapon such as a lightsaber. Indeed, it takes an enormous amount of power to punch a hole through it, and the armor that nearly every Mandalorian began wearing is comprised of it. For their own single combat engagements, blasters and other firearms were forbidden; they were useless anyway. It came down to either finding a seam or soft spot in the armor and stabbing, or bludgeoning the opponent to submission or death. In addition, the metal is so dense that it actually can blunt a Force impression through it. No Jedi, Sith, or other Force user can project or receive thoughts through its mass. This was, through hundreds of years of use, unknown to the Mandalorians, but was discovered by the Sith.

The Neo-Crusaders were led by "Mandalore the Ultimate" and started the Mandalorian Wars. The Neo-Crusaders armor was more advanced and uniform-like than their old armor. The design assembled a futuristic Samurai Gear. It came in many colors, though most were blue. Elites, sergeants, and a few other ranks wore green. Captains (and other ranks) wore red. Some other ranks wore yellow. Canderous Ordo, who would later become Mandalore, wore a unique suit of silver and black armor.

After their defeat in the Mandalorian Wars at the hands of the Jedi Revan and Malak, the Mandalorians went into a long decline. Canderous Ordo, who fought side by side with a redeemed Revan against Darth Malak during the Jedi Civil War, later claimed the rank of Mandalore and led a small remnant of his followers on the moon of Dxun. Ordo was also a key in defeating the Sith Lord Darth Nihilus on the battleship Ravager.

Canderous as the MandaloreSome one hundred years before the Battle of Ruusan, the leader of the Mandalorians was assassinated by the bounty hunter Durge. The Mandalorians struck back, and inflicted terrible vengeance upon the bounty hunter, but he managed to escape.

Over the next few centuries the Mandalorians slowly transformed into a less clan-based, more mercenary-oriented culture. It was around this time that a schism occurred in their ranks. A violent splinter group, known as the Mandalorian Death Watch, revolted against the leadership of Jaster Mereel, who led the True Mandalorian loyalist faction.

Eventually the civil war between these groups spilled on to the pastoral world of Concord Dawn. Here the Death Watch leader Vizsla attempted to murder Jaster. However, thanks to the assistance of a young orphan named Jango Fett, Jaster and his followers escaped the trap.

Eventually, Viszla caught up to Jaster and the Mandalorians on a distant world and, thanks to the treachery of fellow Mandalorian Montross, Jaster Mereel was killed in battle.

Jaster's protg, Jango, took over the reins of leadership, despite Montross's disparaging comment that it would mean a "child leading them."

Jango's tenure as Mandalorian leader ended at the Battle of Galidraan, where a Jedi taskforce under the leadership of Master Dooku led to the death of every remaining Mandalorian, except for Jango.

After this disaster, the Mandalorians were effectively ended as a force in the galaxy. Individuals survived on both on Mandalore and in other isolated pockets of known space, but they played little influence on galactic affairs until the Clone Wars, when Jango Fett became the host for a Grand Army of the Republic. One clone trooper, an elite ARC trooper named Alpha-2, ended up going rogue and changing the Mandalorians forever.

During the Clone Wars, the Mandalorians were employed as assassins by the Sith in their action to eradicate the Jedi, since the Mandalorians, inside their personal body armor, were impervious and uncorruptable. Jedi were subdued and placed aboard barges lined with Mandametal, to be towed out into empty space and dispatched - their true fates are not recorded.

Through some fluke of the Kaminoans' cloning technology, Alpha-2 had memories of Jango Fett. He went to Mandalore and started rebuilding the Mandalorian supercommandos from Mandalorian Protectors, police, and even Death Watchmen. Alpha-2 became Mandalore the Resurrector and his forces fought for Confederacy of Independent Systems. Among his troopers were Tobbi Dala and future Mandalore Fenn Shysa.

Twenty-six years after the Battle of Endor, the Mandalorians got a new leader, Boba Fett, who became Mandalore after Shysa's death on the planet Shogun, and continued the tradition of leading the Mandalorian Protectors. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Fett led the Mandalorians in the defense of Mandalore and liberated numerous planets like Tholatin and Gyndine.

But in all, The fates of the Mandalorians themselves are not recorded either. All that is known among the galactic populace is that the Mandalorians did exist, but that no known individuals walk among them any more. All of their technology was erased, and records are incomplete as to the exact location of Mandalore at the present time. During the peak of Mandalorian culture, one of their production factories, Mandalmotors, spawned branch plants on a few other planets, and this corporation continues to operate in limited capacity. Only two known examples of the Mandalorian battle armor exist as well, worn by the bounty hunters Boba Fett and Jodo Kast, but as to how they acquired them is pure conjecture.

Here is the traditional Mandalorian symbol -

« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 12:17 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 16, 2005, 05:17 PM »
It seems to me that there is too much of a break between the bustup and the bottom half. Maybe some soft good or sculpty that flows down from the bust up hiding the lower half. It just looks strange this way.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 20, 2005, 02:27 AM »
Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback!

Red5sixx: Good to see you finally posting here and not just lurking anymore! Keep it up!

Master Phruby: In the pics I agree, the torso looks really weird. It looks MUCH better in person; but I'm on the lookout for a shorter, thicker lower body to eventually replace it with. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Just a quickie update....

As some of you know, I do a LOT of clone custom commissions. Recently, kliqfan4life contacted me about doing a custom Gree for him, but wanted to keep it on the cheap. So to cut down on paint time and the amount of work involved for me, I used Hasbro's Gree as the base figure. Here's the finished result.

Amazing what a little effort can do, eh Hasbro?

Next up, I borrowed a page from Chewie's book (which I think he borrowed from Talon Kaarde, wasn't it?) and did my own version of Episode III Obi-Wan in clone armor from the Star Wars Insider.

He still needs a clone belt, but I'm still shopping around for the right one...

And finally, here's that Mandalorian from long ago, finished except for maybe one more shot of dull cote.

I know some of you didn't much fancy the look of this guy, but I rather like him.

More later!

-DD
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 05:25 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Sunday 11.20.05
« Reply #563 on: November 20, 2005, 11:58 AM »
WOW!  That Gree is bad to the bone!  Can I get one?

I'm kneeling before Wobb...

Offline Darth Tedious

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 20, 2005, 12:20 PM »
That grey and brass Mandalorian is amazing!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 20, 2005, 01:35 PM »
Nice update DD!  I'll try and update sometime today too.

Gree - Wow, that is stunning.  Looks 100% better than what Hasbro did.  Eventually I want to try and make one look like this.  Unreal how much better than Hasbro's version!

Obi Wan - Yeah, that looks kinda familiar!  Like that we both used the same cape.  It really gives him a flashy look that I think he needs.  I also like how you painted parts of his sleeves/pants brown.  Maybe a bit of weathering could look good, but I think he's fine without the added belt.

Mandalorian - Not a really big fan of the Joe bodies, but with this one I think it works.  Love the paint scheme.  Looks like a true bastard with that big rifle.  Really adds to him.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 20, 2005, 10:07 PM »
Awesome customs, DD; as always!

Gree - W00t. That is one awesome Gree. Too bad hasbro can't make a decent one; but then again that's why we've all taken up customizing, isn't it?

Obi Wan - I can't get enough of these clone wars obi-wans, and you've made yours colour-accurate! I love it. the cape is awesome, too

Mandalorian w/joe body - I'm really not one for different-looking mandalorian armour, but this kinda works somehow. I love the paint schene, too. Reminds me of Ghez Hokan from the "Republic commando: Hard Conact" novel.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 20, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Thanks guys!

rishakra: Yes, kneel! Kneel before the penetrating stare of the evil Wobb! Heh heh. Seriously though, I'm happy to make you a Gree if you're serious. Shoot me a PM.

Tedious: Thanks! I'm sort of partial to that Mando myself! If I ever have time to do a photonovel, he'll play a major part.

Chewie: The Gree's pretty easy using Hasbro's as a base figure. You should give it a shot. I think you nailed Obi Wan with the Doom cape; I like the flaired action look of it, so I had to dry to duplicate yours. The tunic is weathered ever so slightly...another element lost in the flash...but you can see the weathering on the cape and the brown sleeves and pants pretty well. As for the Mando, I think he worked out well...once I added to twin missle jetpack and Djas Puhr belt I think I nailed it. Plus if I ever do a photonovel of my own, he'll be a major player, especially with all that poseability.

Perennial: What does W00t mean? In any case, glad you liked the Gree. The Obi-Wan was fun to do, and I like being reference accurate whenever possible...unless I think I have a better idea, or am just feeling lazy.  ;) Also, it's funny you should mention Ghez Hokan...that's who I was sort of thinking of when I designed this guy. I'm going to disagree with you about different looking Mandalorians... I think it's important they don't all look like Fett...I think it takes something away from what makes Fett special, so I vary my Mando's up a bit. Plus I think it only makes sense considering the rag-tag Mercenary lifestyle they live, that they would pick up different equipment along the way.

-DD
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 11:59 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 20, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Dude DD,

that gree is sick!!! cant wait to get my hands on it
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2005, 01:18 AM »
Glad you like the Gree, kliqfan. But, uh...there are two other new customs you could have commented on as well...  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!