Community > Other Toy Lines

Transformers

<< < (345/352) > >>

Jeff:
Today's Daily Deal at Entertainment Earth is 50% off a selection of Kre-O Transformers stuff in case anyone was still interested in these...

JediJman:
Those are some great prices.  I'm all caught up on KREO though.   :(

Phrubruh:
Xiaomi and Hasbro gave Soundwave, the Transformers robot that can turn into a microcasette recorder, a makeover fit for the new era. The two teamed up to create a tablet that unfolds into a shiny 190mm version of the Decepticon. Xiaomi's international division VP Hugo Barra said on Facebook that his team "worked really hard to ensure that [its] color, details and feel are exactly the same as" the Mi Pad 2. You'll need to be a bit of a puzzle lover to enjoy assembling and disassembling it, since it takes 30 steps to each time to do so, but that just makes it more fun to play with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGCjXSVmxw

Brian:
Looking for some advice from the Transformers experts here. I've recently been going through my collections and doing some purging and sort of refocusing on what I want to collect. Through looking at all my toys and watching YouTube videos like retro lasting it has reminded me of why I got into a Star Wars and all the rest of this: vintage stuff.

Anyways, along that line I have sold off the majority of my modern Transformers (which wasn't a ton), with an eye on focusing on getting some of my favorites from childhood in either G1 form or a reissue. My first goal, and this might be down the road a bit with Last Jedi stuff ramping up, is getting a set of the original 5 dinobots. I've just started looking around eBay a bit, and I'm wondering if there is anything I should look out for. Some of the prices seem a little lower than expected so I didn't know if there were repro things, etc. out there. I don't necessarily care if it is a reissue or "commemorative" toy, that is what my Prime is, but I'd like it to be authentic beyond that. Thank you for any advice.

Ben:
There's been a LOT of knockoff G1 Transformers getting out in the market last 5-10 years. The Dinobots are arguably the most common ones to be found, next to the combiners. Be cautious of sellers on ebay selling MISB specimens- the bootleggers making these even went so far as to recreate the original Hasbro packaging. I bought one, Shockwave, and it's a really neat piece, but has a bit of that knockoff feel to it. Neat boxed collectible, though.

http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/17#Grimlock- A handy guide outlining the differences between genuine and knockoff. It's pretty overwhelming exhaustive.

Of course, the easiest way to tell is usually price- a single genuine loose Dinobot is over $100, and you can score a set of five knockoffs for $200.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version