Author Topic: TRU "Hunt for General Grievous" Battle Pack  (Read 99950 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: TRU Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack
« Reply #135 on: June 6, 2006, 04:49 PM »
The whole Amazon TRU break up sheds some light on the pre order fiasco.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 7, 2006, 01:34 AM »
This IS too funny...I know too many folks that have been having problems with Amazon orders since last year...a break up makes sense now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: June 7, 2006, 01:56 AM »
These still haven't hit out here...  Not that I've seen in the last couple nights anyway.  Hoping they do soon though, as this was a pack I actually was looking forward to some.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #138 on: June 7, 2006, 04:56 AM »
I was able to snag up 4 of these sets yesterday. 1x for me and 3 to share among my fellow Minnesoooooooooota pals.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 7, 2006, 09:30 AM »
I'm still hoping my pre-order will come though. The last update I received gave a shipping date of 6/1.

I did pick a safety set up in TRU though. The three blue ARC's are kind of disappointing when compared to the other two, which are awesome, but what are you gonna do?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 7, 2006, 04:41 PM »
These just hit by me today.  I was able to get two put on hold for me last night when they were unloading them from the truck.  When I went in to pick them up this morning when they opened, the remaining four were nowhere to be seen.

This was only at one of the two TRU's in my area though.  The other still has not gotten them, nor can they confirm when they will be.  I still have another friend that needs two for himself.  Hopefully there will be plenty more to come.

These are great sets and ones that I was happy to shell out $50 for!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: June 7, 2006, 05:21 PM »
I was just thinking how Hasbro obviously has the sculpts now, in bulk, for pumping out Clones of (most) all types and not having it cost them much...  With the battlepacks that's great and seems to be the route they're taking, but I'm wondering if it'll be the same with basic figures...

I got 3 Evolutions sets online the other week and they arrived...  It made me think though, why aren't they re-using either Clone sculpt in those sets?  Why not the Sandtrooper too?  I'd buy it in plain white, or white with "battle damage" as maybe an Endor Stormtrooper, or even as different flavored Sandtroopers...  Or EU Troopers...  They are re-using the VOTC Stormtrooper which debunks everyone who said "it's too expensive" to use again...

What I wonder though, will we see all these sculpts getting re-used?  I think Hasbro really could just continuously re-use all of them and make some good scratch in the process, and not have to "limit" how many of these troops are out at one time...

Hell they could repaint the Evolutions set again, put it out again, and I'd buy it again. :)  In multiples even.

This Battlepack just got me thinking about this...  The battlepacks are almost always something "cheap" they can give to a retailer...  This one is no different.  I'd buy the Evolutions Clone Commander re-released in any color though, or the AOTC Trooper in all white or other ranks (than yellow), or the Sandtrooper...  They put out a couple GREAT figures (IMO) in this set, and then re-released the ARC that really everyone seems to feel is somewhat a letdown at this point...

Why not just use the other commander sculpt they have to put out 3 new looking ARC troopers though?  Strange on Hasbro's part...

Well, still no sign of these here...  I'm looking forward to the set irregardless but I think 2 will be my max.  I have a bag full of CW ARC Troopers still, so I have much less need for 3 more of them despite the nice paintjobs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 7, 2006, 09:50 PM »
Just Sunday my Hunt for Grev pre-order was changed from shipping June 6th to shipping August 4th (my birthday). I left the order open, but will cancel it if me or any local buddies find them first...because I'm sure Amazon will cancel it anyway...
I just cancelled my Coruscant wave last week from EE, because I've found everythign in that case already...I'll prob be doing the same with the Tatooine wave...
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 7, 2006, 11:56 PM »
this battle pack finaly hit my tru today, there where 5 sets, i grabbed 2. i plan to trade it for some other stuff i've been wanting if possible, if not i'd be more than happy to sell it to another JD member for cost and shipping. so if your in need of a set  just pm me. my tru is also selling all the vintage style figures for $9.99, not sure if all the others are as well, thought it was worth a mention!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #144 on: June 8, 2006, 08:24 PM »
Ahhh I hate my TRU, they said that they had 1 left. But they couldn't find it anywhere. They looked in the entire action figure area and couldn't find it (after I looked everywhere). I'm wondering if I'm ever gonna get it. :'(

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #145 on: June 8, 2006, 09:44 PM »
I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch already.  This pack JUST came out.  In a month or two then you can get depressed about it.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 9, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Haha, you both wear panties.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 9, 2006, 01:03 AM »
I'll probally never find this set. :-[
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 9, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I sure they'll get more sets in than gunships, and the gunships have arrived around here in massive quantities. I think in another couple of weeks, everyone will be finding them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #149 on: June 9, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Haha, you both wear panties.

Kevin

Actually Boxers thank you very much, brief boy

The Gunship is actually stuck on the shelf no one is buying them for some reason, its the HFG that im worried about though