Author Topic: Cody going to need work  (Read 3650 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Cody going to need work
« on: February 12, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Looks like the new Commander Cody will be no better than parts fodder for Cody customs. For some reason the big H decided he didn't need ball joint shoulders.  >:(

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006/tf06-HasbroTSC/image7.asp

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Cody going to need work
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 09:36 PM »
That's so stupid. It's almost like they went out of their way to piss collectors off. Man, all they had to do was repaint the SA sculpt and add a head. Jesus Christ, a 6 year old could have done that!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 09:39 PM »
That's so stupid. It's almost like they went out of their way to piss collectors off. Man, all they had to do was repaint the SA sculpt and add a head. Jesus Christ, a 6 year old could have done that!

In Hasbro's defense, The shoulder pads are different and would be hard to articulate the same way as a #41 clone. I actually would have been quite Angry if they just repainted the #41 clone, since Cody does have some armor differences, and has a different backpack. Other than the shoulders he appears to have full articulation, so I'm not too bummed out about the shoulders, they would have been nice to have, but not getting them isn't the end of the world.
"This is the way."

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Agreed, Ryan. If you look at the damage to his armor, it's remarkably accurate. I know there would have been a way to ball the shoulders even with the larger pads and whatnot, but you're right in that they could have done worse.

I just hope the joints are tighter than they appear on the proto. I hate being able to see the arm peg in there.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 11:55 PM »
You know, ball jointed shoulders would have been great, but I'm ok without them... I'll probably get a few of these for customs.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 06:23 AM »
It's not like I'm not gonna buy it...I'll try to buy a couple for the clone headsculpts and removable helmet...just bummed that they couldn't have found a way to ball joint them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 07:58 AM »
I'm with the crowd defending Hasbro on this one, and I can't say that I'm one to do that often.  But the armor on his shoulders is distinctly different and would look a bit awkward with ball/socket shoulder joints.

I think the ball/socket elbow is a MUCH more important point of articulation for quality overall and Hasbro got it I believe, so basic shoulders I'll live with on this.  He looks pretty heavily poseable otherwise, and the shoulders are alright to me...  The goofy angle-cut elbow joints were what I was dreading with Cody more than anything.  I hate that  on the AT-TE Gunner.  Just terrible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 08:29 AM »
Lets just hope they didnt change him to an action feature...
Its not like I would be able to find this figure in the first place but jeez.
THey could have done better.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 11:07 AM »
I'm making cody and I have to say I slapped some putty on the shoulder pads and they can still move up about half way....if I can let his arms move...I think hasbro can ...
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 11:12 AM »

I just hope the joints are tighter than they appear on the proto. I hate being able to see the arm peg in there.

I'm scared...the joints on the Saga Boba are loose and it's because it's a "action feature".  Please don't be an action feature, Please don't be an action feature, Please don't be an action feature, Please don't be an action feature....

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 11:14 AM »
I'll still buy him, I just was hoping for Uber-Cody and only got really good Cody. :)

And I have to agree whole-heartedly on the elbows. Far more important to use ball elbows than that slant cut job for the Clones. Overall, especially in light of how much attention Hasbro evidently paid to the damage marks on Cody (notice his body and legs appear to be all-new sculpts!), I'm sure the Big H would have ball-jointed the shoulders if they had a way to do it that kept the figure looking good. I guess they didn't want to risk giving him ugly shoulder pads since it's one of his defining differences.

Offline Errex

• Youngling
  • Gra'tua Cuun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Hasbro could have given it balljoint shoulders. Just look at the left shoulder on the Quickdraw Clone. Balljoint. With a separate snap-on shoulder pad. What they did is just lazy...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Actually, I dislike the snap on shoulder pads... maybe that's just me.

Sometimes on Clones where I have to paint the shoulder pads (and on other figures too) I glue the ball joint to avoid paint scraping off.  You lose a bit of motion but still have basic shoulder articulation.

:P

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 06:17 PM »
I can picture a verry little kid trying to "bend" his arms like the SA cone could....MOMMY COWDY MESSEDEDED  WITH LIGHSABWER!....
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I'll probably buy a couple for the helmet mostly.