Author Topic: HDTV Projection TV Question  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
HDTV Projection TV Question
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Okay, I am a newbie on the subject.  We are looking at buying something big screen for the home.  I saw a HDTV projection TV that I liked but forgot to ask a question to the salesman.  In the back with the inputs/outputs there is no input for coaxial cable.  There was however inputs for everything else.  Would this only be considered a monitor?  How would you go about hooking up?  What would be the options here? Both my Surround Sound system and my DVD recorder both have inputs for coaxial.  Could it be connected this way? We also have digital cable with an HDTV box being installed very soon.  Would this be how I hook up the set? 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: HDTV Projection TV Question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 05:53 PM »
Hard for me to say 100% without seeing it for myself, but I think you should be able to hook it up through your surround sound no problem.

I know when I got Direct Tv this year that they prefer to install it using the RCA jacks (the yellow, red and white ones) as opposed to going through the coaxial cable.  They can't do that if you already have a dvd player hooked up to your tv and no extra jacks though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Okay, I am a newbie on the subject.  We are looking at buying something big screen for the home.  I saw a HDTV projection TV that I liked but forgot to ask a question to the salesman.  In the back with the inputs/outputs there is no input for coaxial cable.  There was however inputs for everything else.  Would this only be considered a monitor?  How would you go about hooking up?  What would be the options here? Both my Surround Sound system and my DVD recorder both have inputs for coaxial.  Could it be connected this way? We also have digital cable with an HDTV box being installed very soon.  Would this be how I hook up the set? 

Once you get you HD cable setup they'll provide (read: You'll buy) a set of cables that will be red blue & green (component video) that will go to the back of the TV or you can upgrade and get an HDMI cable for higher quality picture.

For more answer go here....
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=854&page_number=7
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 06:12 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Got it. Thanks for the replies. I actually went with a different TV model that had many more options.