Author Topic: 4 Out of 6 Waves Already Out?  (Read 8120 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Out of 6 Waves Already Out?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 06:06 PM »
I am sure someone buys each Vader that comes out regardless.  To be honest he actually does sell.  Hell I have not seen a Hoth Vader on the pegs yet.  Every kid in the world that's into Star Wars (which apparently is a lot now) wants a Vader badly I am sure.  I think after ROTS Hasbro realizes they can make some mula throwing out a Vader of any sort out there for the masses and SOMEONE will buy it no matter what version it is. 

But yeah, it would be nice if they would put the most superior figure of each character.  I just assume they have plenty of the other versions sitting around to repackage and that is why we see those repackaged instead. 

But no I don't buy them all.  I would not see them making a full sized hologram Vader for something different. 

Well out and about on Saturday, a grandmother asked me if I could help her and she wanted a Luke, Darth Vader and a Han for her grandson. She bought a Yoda because it had a Darth
Vader holo.  So Vader is extremely popular with the kids and he doesn't stay on the pegs long either.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 08:50 PM »
I wish i could find the new waves that are out. I have yet to see anything beyond the hoth wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 01:41 PM »
This is going too fast for my liking.

I am only able to make toy runs once a week (if I'm lucky) and that is a Saturday which is uselss as most stores stock during the week.

I'm only up to the Hoth wave as well...I'm trying to put together a complete carded set of TSC figures and it's turning out to be a real headache, which shouldn't be considering it's a non-movie year!

I had planned to only order online...which worked out okay until I found out that my Geo wave won't be fulfilled.

That wave has come and gone and I'm pretty much screwed unless I want to pay inflated prices for Scorch and the Utapau clone - who will continue to ship, but I don't think the rest of the wave will...?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 12:04 AM »
I found a mix case today Travis that had a Gonk droid in it.  I think we'll see these throughout the year, otherwise Hasbro's pace will run them right out of favor with collectors (there is a thing as too fast).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 12:53 AM »
This is going too fast for my liking.

Me too. Too much stuff, constant flow.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 03:59 AM »
Count me in too...  I'd be happy if some of what actually IS out started to ship heavily rather than just going onto newer and newer waves but with only limited availability.

Hasbro and retail are screwin' the pooch making this line a pain to keep up with...  I guess the Playmates Trek faux paus weren't learned well enough for some.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 04:33 AM »
Oh, man.  Playmates Star Trek.  I nearly forgot.   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Count me in too...  I'd be happy if some of what actually IS out started to ship heavily rather than just going onto newer and newer waves but with only limited availability.

Same here.  Don't get me wrong, its always nice to get new stuff, but the situation here has been much what Jesse is describing.  The new wave comes in, sells out, and is basically gone and the pegs sit empty until the next wave.  Its really just luck if you happen to find the entire wave on the pegs.  I can't complain, as I've found the first three waves now, but I've definitely had to hit the stores more often.  Until a recent restocking, our WM pegs have been empty for the majority of the year...and there technically isn't even a peg labeled "SW basic figures".  Most of the year its been taken up by some other misc. crap, and then every once in awhile they must get some figures in and they are out.  Target has sold better at the $5.89 price, and has had some smatterings of the Geo wave lately (no clones/Jango though).  Aside from Derlin/Rieekan, and now the Geo bugs, things haven't sat long around here.  I'm really looking forward to the Tatooine wave (and the other OT stuff), but it would be nice to find the Coruscant wave first.  I like only having to look for one wave at a time, and like Jesse mentioned, it would be better to see some of the other stuff just ship in greater quantity as well.  Anymore, with SW collecting, it seems like if you don't buy it if/when you see it, you might not ever see it again.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 03:34 PM »
That's why I never wait. When you wait, you're late ;).

See it? Buy it or take a BIG risk.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37 AM »
At this rate, late April will see Tatooine and the Greatest Hits asortment on the pegs.