Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127050 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Oh man, I am so going to heckling this SOB at Comic Con! Anyone have an e-mail address to the fan club? I am going to cancel my subscription over this.

Great idea on the heckling. I'm canceling my subscrition as well. There's a number on the contents page you can call to talk to them personally.

I'm not surprised over the outcome either, but it is sad none the less.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 10, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Could you post that number here for us lazy bastards?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Could you post that number here for us lazy bastards?

I'm on vacation. :P Someone else is going to have to do it. BTW, the person who answers the phone has to give you another number to call. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline RenegadeJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Oh man, I am so going to heckling this SOB at Comic Con! Anyone have an e-mail address to the fan club? I am going to cancel my subscription over this.

Great idea on the heckling. I'm canceling my subscrition as well. There's a number on the contents page you can call to talk to them personally.

I'm not surprised over the outcome either, but it is sad none the less.

Even though I HATE USC (the school) with a PASSION I am thinking of dressing up like the TROJAN mascot (or maybe just deck myself out is SC gear)...I will however be pumping my two fingers in the "V" symbol that USC fans do all the time while he is talking. If they complain I am going to tell the truth if they try to have me removed...this is the simply the symbol for VICTORY!!!
"Collect to Collect" what moron thought that statement up?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Here's the number: 510-768-2700. I found it in the Insider thread.

Offline Lord Mantha

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2006, 11:27 PM »
i feel the need to break something. it's not about Dustin, it's about how PW gets a cut of the subscription you pay, which i find just sick. i wanted dustin to lose so that it would be the ultimate slap in PW's face

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2006, 11:37 PM »
They must be joking.  Ugghhhh.  Hopefully Dustin has his own brain, and not Phil's hand lodged up his poopchute.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2006, 11:44 PM »
While it's BS that the guy in 2nd Place won (I want to know why/how that happened), am I the only one who considers this Fan Club to not even exist? It's really just people paying $40 for a magazine subscription and to visit SW.com. I think that me buying figures and posting on JD is more of a fan club.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #383 on: July 11, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Oh Philip if you are reading this...I used to go byt he name "TRAKKERZOG"...

Whatchamazog?
Thorax and a bog?
Laxative Log?
Lap Lander Zog?
Four Yaks and a Dog?
Sap Sucker Frog?
...Susan? 

:)

Sorry...back to our regularly scheduled skepticism.

I'm with others when I say I saw this one coming once the "silence" hit us post-election.  The whole thing was a big ******* joke to begin with and really did nothing but **** on the integrity of RS, Philip, Dustin, the Fan Club, and everyone involved.  Or at least everyone that took it seriously.  ;) 

John

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #384 on: July 11, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Yeah Jeff, you too.  You and your fancy pants promises of golden highways and a figure in every collector's hand.

Dick.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #385 on: July 11, 2006, 12:12 AM »
I love all the "we were kept in the dark, just like you guys" talk from Philip & Co. 

You just know that he was raising all kinds of hell behind the scenes the minute after the polls closed.  Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during one of those conversations.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:13 AM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #386 on: July 11, 2006, 12:23 AM »
While it's BS that the guy in 2nd Place won (I want to know why/how that happened), am I the only one who considers this Fan Club to not even exist? It's really just people paying $40 for a magazine subscription and to visit SW.com. I think that me buying figures and posting on JD is more of a fan club.

The "fan club" hasn't really been a fan club for about 6-7 years, since before WOTC bought it out. Back in the day, members got nice little treats like micro machine sets, cool renewal packs, the ability to order exclusives first and for less than non-members. The Insider was the place to find out all sorts of info you couldn't read about anywhere else and had a very fan-friendly vibe to it. I guess it didn't lead to things like what your local collector's club might do, but it was certainly more fun long ago.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2006, 01:14 AM »
This it utterly disgusting. I'll be canceling my pitiful subscription as well. I only bought it to support Jeff. I posted a test blog over there when I gained access to my account and those piece of **** moderators locked it because they deemed it unworthy. I would have raised hell because I pay for that service and I can post as I damn please on my blog but there is no one to bitch to besides their wannabe "moderators" who don’t give a damn. I'll just add that to my list of reasons for cancellation, not that anyone will care. Utter ****. Nice job buying the election Wise. ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2006, 03:24 AM »
Well looks like Im not going to Fan Club Day at Celebration 4. I was waiting for the outcome of this before I bought my stupid subscription. Now knowing Grandpa Munster gets a cut I won't be buying that ****.
I remember my dream now.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2006, 07:38 AM »
Who didn't see this coming?  There was the clause in the "rules" that the "winner" had to pass a background check.  They could at least give us a b.s. excuse like Dustin had 100+ "absentee ballots", but they will never tell us what happened.

I have noticed how all the Dustinites say things like USC promotes drugs, hates the fans, doesn't know when TPM came out, steps on puppies, etc., but has anyone actually seen/heard where all this was posted.  The only thing I have seen about USC is his blog on starwars.com and his campaign annoucements on yodanews and the privateuniverse...that is it.  I can't find this supposed myspace account or any other info on this guy.   Anyone else get the feeling that this USC guy was Sidious while Dustin was playing Palpatine?  Unless he used stolen credit cards to buy these subscriptions, you would think we would hear at least something from USC.