Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144454 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC SW Miniatures (RPG/CMG/Clix)
« Reply #420 on: August 5, 2005, 02:25 PM »
I haven't visited this thread in awhile, so forgive me for being way out of it.  This "Universe" set looks like it should be pretty cool.  Seeing the pics of the AT-AT and Rancor, and they both look great.  I don't have any of these (aside from a Stormtrooper that Matt sent me awhile back as a freebie), but it does get a little tempting to pick up some of the OT ones.  Of course, maybe that would be more trouble than it is worth.  Its not like I need another line to collect :).  Just thinking of some of the set ups you could make with these larger pieces starts to make it tempting.  Is there anywhere where I could find a checklist of what is out and/or coming out?  Its probably somewhere in this thread, I just haven't found it yet.  Was there a lot of OT based figures in the "Rebel Storm" packs, or was it more ROTS/prequel based?  Anyways, either way, the upcoming stuff does look pretty cool.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 5, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Oh, and I saw this when I was looking over WOTC's site to learn more about these minis.  I didn't think I had seen it posted elsewhere....Universe Preview 8: Wedge Antilles

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #422 on: August 5, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Was there a lot of OT based figures in the "Rebel Storm" packs, or was it more ROTS/prequel based?  Anyways, either way, the upcoming stuff does look pretty cool.

The first set, Rebel Storm, was all OT based.  The second set, Clone Strike, was based on TPM, CW, and AOTC.  The third set that came out recently is all ROTS.  And the next (4th) set coming out is "Universe" which incorporates all 6 films, and EU.

As for checklists, the best place to start (since I can't find mine in here either), is right here, over at WOTC.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 5, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Thanks Matt, I was just running across those checklists as well.  I realized after my last post that I remembered seeing a number OT characters when these were first released, so I guess I knew there was OT in rebel strike...brain fart, sorry about that.  Thanks for the info though, good to know.  These new larger pieces definitely make this series that much cooler.  I'm sure those of you who have been collecting could have one heck of a display of these.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 5, 2005, 02:56 PM »
I was just running through a few pics of these minis, and ran across some at RS.  I just got a kick out of this pic of the Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) figure...what happened to his face? ;)

Pic courtesy of Rebelscum:
« Last Edit: August 5, 2005, 02:57 PM by mosnab »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 5, 2005, 03:14 PM »

The first set, Rebel Storm, was all OT based.  The second set, Clone Strike, was based on TPM, CW, and AOTC.  The third set that came out recently is all ROTS.  And the next (4th) set coming out is "Universe" which incorporates all 6 films, and EU.

As for checklists, the best place to start (since I can't find mine in here either), is right here, over at WOTC.

I've been tinkering on the Miniature checklists and have the "printable" versions done:

Rebel Storm

Clone Strike

Revenge of the Sith

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #426 on: August 5, 2005, 08:00 PM »
These new larger pieces definitely make this series that much cooler.  I'm sure those of you who have been collecting could have one heck of a display of these.

Yeah, I'm really anxious to get off my lazy ass, and get some of these bad boys set up finally!  Still have to trade a few Rs and VRs from the Sith set and pick up some that I'm still missing, to catch up before the Huge series is released.  But once the Huge set is in hand, these should really make for a nice display with all of the larger pieces.

As for that Jedi Luke mini there from RS, yeah, that's pretty freakydeaky looking!  Elephant Man Luke, I guess...  :-\

Didn't realize you were up to speed on the minis checklists here Jess.  My bad!  Nice work on those.  Just be ready for the Huge set coming within the next month, I think!

BTW, very cool to set those checklists up by both faction, and rarity.  Just the way I like it!  8)
« Last Edit: August 5, 2005, 08:01 PM by JediMAC »

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 5, 2005, 08:59 PM »
personly I collect both the mini and attcktix and I do enjoy them both.  I only play the mini's but I just liked the look of the attacktix so I had to buy them.  So far for minis I'm missing 1 from rebel, 5 from clone and 12 from revenge of the sith and I have pre ordered my at at and 2 cases of the new set.  For attacktix I think I'm missing 10 but I'm not overly sure yet.  But I do have lots of doubles for the others.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #428 on: August 5, 2005, 09:33 PM »
So far for minis I'm missing 1 from rebel, 5 from clone and 12 from revenge of the sith and I have pre ordered my at at and 2 cases of the new set.  For attacktix I think I'm missing 10 but I'm not overly sure yet.  But I do have lots of doubles for the others.

Feel free to post a list of the ones you're still looking for if you'd like (and any duplicates you may have), and maybe some folks here can work out some trades with ya'...  ;)

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 8, 2005, 04:46 AM »
well heres my list of missing pieces.

Mini's:

Rebel Storm:

Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike

Clone Strike:

Aerial Clone Trooper Captain
Gungan Cavalry on kaadu
Mace Windu
Darth Maul
General Grievous

Revenge Of The Sith:

AT-RT
Bail Organa
Captain Antilles
Chewbacca of Kashyyyk
R2-D2, Astromech Droid
Tarfful
Wookiee Scout
Yoda, Jedi Master
Darth Tyranus
Destroyer Droid
General Grievous, Jedi Hunter
Grievous's Wheel Bike
San Hill
Boba Fett, Young Mercenary
Sly Moore
Anakin Skywalker, Sith Apprentice
Darth Vader

Attacktix:

Count Dooku #11
Grevous Bodyguard #13
Neimoidian Guard #14
Darth Vader #16
Palpatine #17
Ki-Adi-Mundi #18
Chewbacca #22
Emperor #24
Nute Gunray #25
Anakin Skywalker #26
Obi-Wan Kenobi  #27
Tarfful #29
Yoda #30

Battle Case with Clone Sereant
Boga
AT-RT

For good doubles I have to trade are:

Revenge Of The Sith
#3 Anakin Skywalker, Jedi knight
#41 Wat Tambor
#51 Tion Medon
#19 Shaak Ti

Rebel Storm:

Starter Luke
    "      Vader
Sandtrooper on Dewback

Attacktix:

#1 Battle Droid
#2 Super Battle Droid (2)
#4 Clone Trooper
#28 General Grievous (2)

Currently I will be buying a few more boosters of Revenge Of The Sith and Possibly a case of Attacktix.  So I should have more doubles soon.  But thanks for checking out my list. 

For all mini sets I do have lots of common and uncommon doubles as well.

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 11, 2005, 07:17 PM »
alexandertrooper -

I have the following minis you are missing:

Captain Antilles, Yoda JM, San Hill, and Sly Moore...

Interested in your Sandtrooper on Dewback, that is one of the two I need from RS...let me know if we can work out a deal...I'll send you a message too...

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 11, 2005, 07:47 PM »
cool I just pmed you back.  I'm really looking forward to finishing this set and then starting the new one.  I just don't like that they changed the case from 12 to 6.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #432 on: August 11, 2005, 08:27 PM »
I just don't like that they changed the case from 12 to 6.

Huh?!  Whaddaya mean they changed the cases from 12 to 6?  You mean boosters in each case?  If so, I'm gonna be royally pissed, 'cause I thought I was placing an order for a case of 12 a while back on the Huges.  Sure priced as if it was 12...  Damn, I'm going to have to double check on that.  Weren't the retail prices on the boosters going from $13 up to $20 or so for the Huges?  I thought that was kinda the case.  God, now I'm all confused!  Haven't kept up too well on the line lately, if you hadn't noticed...  :P

BTW, Alexander, I meant to suggest that you stick your WOTC minis trade list in here.  If you want to pimp your Attacktix trade list, you'll want to do it either here (in the Attacktix thread) or here (in the trading forum), where it'll get seen by your intended audience...  ;)

EDIT:  Whoops, I see you already found that first thread on Attacktix and posted your list there.  Cool deal.  Good luck!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 11, 2005, 08:43 PM »

Huh?!  Whaddaya mean they changed the cases from 12 to 6?  You mean boosters in each case?  If so, I'm gonna be royally pissed, 'cause I thought I was placing an order for a case of 12 a while back on the Huges.  Sure priced as if it was 12...  Damn, I'm going to have to double check on that.  Weren't the retail prices on the boosters going from $13 up to $20 or so for the Huges?  I thought that was kinda the case.  God, now I'm all confused!  Haven't kept up too well on the line lately, if you hadn't noticed...  :P

BTW, Alexander, I meant to suggest that you stick your WOTC minis trade list in here.  If you want to pimp your Attacktix trade list, you'll want to do it either here (in the Attacktix thread) or here (in the trading forum), where it'll get seen by your intended audience...  ;)

EDIT:  Whoops, I see you already found that first thread on Attacktix and posted your list there.  Cool deal.  Good luck!

Yep, they come in cases of SIX boosters. I think the D&D huge set was
the same way.

These are shipping next week! WEEEEEE!

Adam

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2005, 02:15 AM »

I think that if you originally bought a case at the price for 12 booster, the site that you bought it at either:

A).  Will ship you one case at half the price

or

B).  Will ship you two cases (equal to 12 boosters) at the same price you prepaid

Matt, you might want to check your preorder and find out what it is...it has been said before that this is bound to cause confusion among collectors and hopefully it won't piss a lot of people off and turn them away from the minis or the game...