Author Topic: Rykrof Enloe PN previews  (Read 2526 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Rykrof Enloe PN previews
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:26 AM »
I really don't get much feedback on the previews when I put them in the cusotmizing section, so I thought I'd start that for this thread.  I'll do anywhere from 3-4 previews for each chapter here.

Chapter 1 - Crisis on Abridon

Chapter 2 - Underground Resistance

Chapter 3 - Anti Jedi

Chapter 4 - Slaughter on Munist

:)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 11:59 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Rykrof Enloe PN previews
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:31 AM »
For me personally, "Slaughter On Muunist" was where the series really started to take off and when I knew we were truly witnessing something special.

"Crisis on Abridon" was a great story and a great start.  But then there was a long delay until "Underground Resistance", which I thought was a slight let down, as the focus was more on the events of "Phantom Menace" with Rykrof as a by-stander.

"Anti Jedi" was very cool, but I felt the ending was a bit odd - with Shundi just snapping his fingers and putting the characters to sleep just when some real conflict was about to heat up.

But "Slaughter" was an excellent chapter and a harbinger of things to come - action, intrigue, great characterizations & complex storylines.  That's when I knew Chewie & Rykrof weren't just some passing fancy.  They're the real deal.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:11 AM »
Thanks Lance, I agree, the series really picked up after Chapter 4.  Before then I was just getting my feet wet I guess.

Also, in Anti Jedi, I took into consideration what you said back then about how the confrontation was handled, and made a change there.  Nothing too major, but hopefullly in improvement?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 11:58 AM »
#4 - Slaughter on Munist is almost done....

Next thing I have to do is add all the text (which will probably be tomorrow I hope) and then get the web layout created with working links at www.yakface.com before I can show them in the forums anywhere.  So I'm sure it's a week away.

Here's a couple more previews, and I'll add them to the origianal post "index"...

I'm really happy with how this one is going, it actually doesn't feel like a remake at all.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Are those OwenD's Out posts?? Looks Good Justin, keep it up, Those effects are excellant.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 01:34 AM »
Yeah, I used some of Owen's images for that one shot.  His work is so awesome.

Thanks Smarty.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Anxiously awaiting the next installment. It amazes me how much of the sereis I dont remember. I got the 2 wookied confused, but now I remember one of them dying.

It has always been a well done story, and these special editions are just awesome.

Actually I really need to go and read them again, Mostly just to keep my continuity in shape.  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Looking great, CHEWIE, I can't wait for the next SE's. I wish I could use Photo Editors as well as you do. ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:04 AM »
CHEWIE -

Amazing as always. Your getting really, *really* good at sets, and not just the stuff Owen's made for you. Some of your improvised stuff blows my mind.

And it's really a very Star Wars way to design and implements sets. I remember how the "making of" shows on ANH would always discuss how models for the film incorporated so many real-life items painted up and slapped together in unusual ways.

I'm enjoying the SEs, but I'm really chomping at the bit for new stuff, too. :)