Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 286416 times)

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Recent Purchases
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2005, 09:27 AM »
Found the entire SAGA wave at TRU this morning. $6.99 each sucks though.... Only picked up Leia and Fett.

WM had nothing.  REALLY want the new Republic Attack Cruiser... :-[

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2005, 09:45 AM »
$6.99 is going to force me to be a good bit more choosey with what I buy...  Army building is going to be a bit more calculated, custom fodder too...  And figures like Fett won't be on my "to buy" list now whereas they likely would have been picked up at the $5-ish price range...  Things start jumping in price and I gotta alter my habits to accomodate.

I'm hoping a competition war will cause some drops at Target and Wal-Mart at the least...  TRU hopefully will come to the $6 range and KB and KM can just suck it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2005, 10:28 AM »
$5.88 @ Wal Mart ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2005, 06:38 PM »
I stopped to pick up a couple of things at Wal-Mart today, one place I really didn't want to go (insane busy), but I was glad I did.  They had some new stuff on the pegs, and I picked up 3 of the "Battle of Carkoon" wave...Leia (Boussh), Bib Fortuna, and Barada.  They had one other Barada on the pegs, but the rest were gone.  I was hoping to get Han (and Chewie), but its nice to have a few picked up.  They rang up $5.88 at Wal-Mart here too.  Also saw a few of the Transformers, but didn't pick them up.  The hunt is on!

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2005, 02:28 AM »
These hit Utah today/tonight at Walmarts. $5.88 also here. Picked up the ones I wanted leaving the ones I didn't. I would have to say that even the $5.88 price range still greatly alters my buying habits. I will purchase only the figures I really like/want and leave the rest. If they were the $5 dollar range, I would probably alter that. I'll be surprised if we see prices drop at Walmart on this wave.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2005, 02:33 AM »
$5.88 isn't too shabby...  About what we paid all year...  That $6.99's gonna suck though if TRU doesn't budge on price.  It'll just be another reason not to go to TRU ever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2005, 03:38 AM »
picked these up in northern cally tonite @ WM 10 minutes prior to closing off the pallet- got all 6 fresh out of case. Case was wave 1 rev 1.5(1.5!!? there was already a rev. 1?)

notable holo's were Maul, Boba,Dooku/ Yoda, Obi, Solo

glad these are done..phew ::)

I saw 2 more unopened cases at a 24 hour WM  in the next city

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2005, 12:00 PM »
I scored the Saga wave at TRU. They rang up at $6.99, but my wife insisted that they charge me $5.99 since there were no $6.99 tags to be seen.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2005, 12:54 PM »
$5.88 isn't too shabby...  About what we paid all year...  That $6.99's gonna suck though if TRU doesn't budge on price.  It'll just be another reason not to go to TRU ever.

Yep, that is where ROTS started, and at that time I had no intention to buy one of everything in that line (for the single figures) and that did not change until the price dropped. Luckily, when the price dropped I was able to find everything I needed (I did buy some at the $5.88, but again, only what I wanted).  The difference is 6 figures at $5.88 and tax here are $37.61, while 6 figures at $4.77 are $30.51, or a $7 difference. Times that $7 over 10 waves and $70 is alot of collecting money to spend on repack figures. Thus the price for me makes the difference of picking up a repack or passing on it, even a modified repack like Fett.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I SCORED A TSC BIB FORTUNA AT TRU!!!!

I'm ******* giddy. Northern VA never gets figures early. Review posted.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 02:40 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2005, 07:40 PM »
I got Bib fortuna and Leia.
I am really wanting to get 2 fetts.
I havent seen Fett, Barada, Han, or Chewie at any store.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2005, 10:40 PM »
Saw the wave today at Walmart.  I was surprised to see most of them still on the pegs.  I almost got Fortuna but I did not.  The lines were way too long for a single SW figure.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Okay, my two WM's are officially swimming in this stuff as of today.  Both stores had about 10-15 of each figure on the pegs which look to be the same figs from the last few days.  Was able to score my Chewie and Barada which makes me officially caught up and ahead of the game.  I was quite surprised to see them sitting for a couple days since the stores are crazy busy in my area.   On a side note I noticed some younger kids at one store upset that there were no ROTS figs left.  They could of cared less about the OT stuff.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 04:35 PM by Jim »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2005, 09:32 PM »
I got Leia at Target on Monday, I'm still looking for Boba, and I think I'm going to wait to get Barada and Bib at Wal-Mart. I'm not really too interested in Han and Chewie.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2005, 01:17 PM »
Finished off my set at Target this afternoon, grabbing a Bib and Chewie to keep carded and a Boba and Barada to open.

Unfortunately, because I wasn't paying enough attention when I bought the "opener" figures (Boba and Barada), I am now the proud owner of THREE Count Dooku Mini-Holos.   ::)

I was so busy worrying about the paint jobs on them because I knew I was going to open them that I completely forgot to flip them around to check the mini-holo too.  Turns out they both had the Dooku Holo, which I already had from Bib last week...   >:(

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender