Author Topic: Have You/Could You Give up the Basic Line?  (Read 13364 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Have You/Could You Give up the Basic Line?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2006, 10:00 AM »
The 4" line has always been, and will always be, the core of my collecting.  The nostalgia factor, the size and cost of items, and the fact that I diorama-build keep it firmly at the center of my collecting.  I like the high-end stuff, but simply cannot afford it.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 2, 2006, 01:01 AM »
Went cold turkey two months ago and have not hunted, nor have I looked. I am tempted to get one or two figures that I don't already have but that is all. Then go figure, my wife tells me that one of her employees is dating a guy who works at a local retail store and he'll pick up what I want for me as long as I meet him away from the store. Go figure. I just decided enough is enough so I am done. No regrets, it was a fun run. I am now putting that money either into my classroom or into my investments. Time will tell if it lasts. I did this once before after Ep. II and then came back in for Ep. III.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 2, 2006, 03:55 AM »
Is it just me or is Hasbro doing to Star Wars what they did to the 80's GI Joe line?

Clearly they have been doing it to vehicles for a while but now they are clearly doing it to figures too.

Or to the Jurassic Park line?

I've already quit the basic line. Insurance payments kind of forced it upon me, but I'm only looking for the really interesting figures now. I know that in 6 months I'll be able to pick up the rest loose and in good condition here for way less, so I'm just spending on the figures like Mars Guo or perhaps another 2 or 3 this year.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #33 on: October 3, 2006, 09:36 AM »
yes we can defently track whats happening under the rule of hasbro, but i just hope they actually start printing figures more by the truck load like they do with g.i joe and quit making it seem like it takes more than slave labor to make these damn things.