Author Topic: New JD Review: VTSC Biker Scout  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: VTSC Biker Scout
« on: June 2, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Time to wind down the reviews of the Vintage Saga Collection...  The last figure may be the best.  He's easily the most in-demand.  This is a figure who's been gobbled up by fans since BEFORE these figures were even released at retail here in the states...  A generous seller from Asia was dealing these out in bulk to US buyers and at a price that, if you bought enough of them, you'd get them cheaper than if you bought them at KB Toys or Target even...  How sad is that to say about KB and Target too?

So here we are...  This week's review is the Vintage Saga Collection: Biker Scout...

Yes that's right folks...  This mamojama is up for review and I have all the juiciest of details on it...  Is it a great army builder, or the greatest army builder ever?  Well seriously it's great but does it get a perfect rating?  Nothing does...  EVER!

Nothing's perfect and neither's the scout, but his flaws are few...  My biggest gripe is his slightly limited arm movement at the elbows for holding rifles...  That's about it.  This is easily one of my favorites of 2006 though, and a must-have in multiples...  That means though, unfortunately, that packing him 2-per-case evenly with all the others of the wave is going to wind up in Biker Scout shortages in some areas.

For me, I have amassed a hefty 19 troops and I've got more coming to me soon...  I'll be on my way to 30 before long I think.  I've seen him in some bulk at retail though even...  Lots of him really at times.

So hopefully you'll be finding that too if you don't have your Scout army lined up...  You WANT this figure in multiples, admit it.

Read on and enjoy...  This figure is one you don't want to miss.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: VTSC Biker Scout
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2006, 10:27 PM »
I LOVE THE BIKER SCOUT
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 12:41 AM »
Such lack of love here...   I thought this was the "greatest army builder ever"...  ;)

Well he's good for certain...  I guess when they're this good you just don't have much to say. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 05:41 PM »
In a nutshell, he's perfect.

Even better than the VOTC stormie. 

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Even better than the VOTC stormie. 

True dat.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 08:38 PM »
Such lack of love here...   

I guess when they're this good you just don't have much to say. :)

First, I love reading you reviews, but I think this a great opportunity to point this out -

The reason why I haven't even looked at the review until now is because I've already discussed this figure in Hunter of the peg's review. I kind of feel like I'm post padding if I say "yeah, he's great" in every review thread on the biker scout.  :P

I don't know if that effects anyone else, but it does me and I feel bad because your reviews are always well done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 02:16 AM »
I was just busting balls Anton, don't worry. :)  If you want to post that's cool but if you feel funky because you already said something that's ok too, don't take me seriously there.   ;)

I was commenting more because I found it funny that this figure, of all, wasn't getting responses.  I was getting reads though, and a ton of them, which is my ultimate goal in my work here with the site (well this aspect of my work here at the site anyway).

I enjoy the conversation or differences in opinions but reviews are much more a reading thing than a debating thing so I never expect 2 pagers or anything. :)  I just found it funny that this figure didn't get comments...  I mean, it was easily one of the biggest releases of the modern line I think.

I'd say he's NEAR perfect.  I've found in my years reviewing SW figures though that NOTHING is perfect. ;)  If a figure deserved the all-out articulation I think the Scout did with ball/socket hips...  I didn't have many gripes on this figure though and anything I did was minor (save for price, I still think $10 for any single figure is retail rape...  $8.99 is what these should cost at most IMO, and even that's stretching my opinion some but I'm trying to be flexible for Hasbro's POV).

I have 21 right now, 2 are still carded because opening them is like cracking into Fort Knox.  I have 8 more due me soon though...  29 seems like I may aim to get to 30, or perhaps 31 (1 for customs use), and cut it there.  I have well over 100 Stormtroopers between VOTC and Commtech so I'm thinking a 30-man Scout unit attached to the infantry unit isn't a bad thing. :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:36 PM »
One thing that really ruins the fig for me is the inability to hold a rifle naturally...there goes the Battlefront Sniper option, and his glvoes are pretty much useless in some customs.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 10:08 AM »
I have 21 right now, 2 are still carded because opening them is like cracking into Fort Knox.  I have 8 more due me soon though...  29 seems like I may aim to get to 30, or perhaps 31 (1 for customs use), and cut it there.  I have well over 100 Stormtroopers between VOTC and Commtech so I'm thinking a 30-man Scout unit attached to the infantry unit isn't a bad thing. :)

I'd have to agree and say this figure is nearly perfect, other than the cost.   I'll have to rethink my limit.  I finally found enough to buy 5 and was happy with that, even when I found a huge load of all VTSC figures, including more Biker Scouts at WalMart.  I can't go for over $300 in Biker Scouts alone, but may settle for between 8-10.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 01:21 AM »
I feel a pair is the necessary #.  They were always in pairs on Endor...  2 Scouts is the must-have limit. ;)