Author Topic: aeseven7's customs *Update 7-24 SA Jango Fett*  (Read 30541 times)

Offline DuckimusPrime

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: SWG Mandalorian Commando
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 03:23 AM »
I think the figure looks awesome, but aren't those boots from the POTJ Cold Weather Training Obi-Wan not Qui-Gon?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 04:22 AM »
Yeah, those are Obi-Wan boots.

As for the helmet mod, I'm guessing an AT-TE Gunner Helm was modified then painted. I could be wrong though...that could be the work of some killer sculpting.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 04:31 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Yup, those are Obi Wan's boots, i always get those two EU figs of qui-gon and Obi-Wan mixed up.  (thanks DD for setting the record straight!)

There really isn't too much to the helmet, just the basic VOTC Fett helmet with the top three sections sculpted on.  I wanted something original yet kind of RC-like:)  I wasn't entirely happy with the helmet until I painted it. . .seems like that's how all my projects are, they look like crap until I get some paint on them, lol.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 10:24 AM »
I already replied in more detail at RS, but I'll echo here that I love this custom.  The parts are a great match, and he really has a realistic proportioned body.  But the painting is what really sets this one apart from similar customs I think, the weathering is so "embedded" - very lifelike.  Wonderful work.  You ought to turn this thread into an updated thread from time to time so it's easy for us to find your work.   :)

:P

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 10:35 AM »
wow aeseven7, this is an awsome custom.

the parts choice's are great and the color and weathering is just sick! i like the obi-cold weather boots, the spikes on them are very mandalorian. the sculpting on the helmet is very well done and gives him an original look. his accessories compliment him well, all together a great piece of work and one of my favorite customs i've seen recently! great job and thanks for sharing it with us! :D

is that a custom blaster? the pouches on  his front look like jango fetts, how where you able to get them transfered to boba like that? thanks.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 11:52 AM »
B,  This is another amazing figure from a long list of amazing figures.
I love the paint job on him. He really is nicely colored.
And as usual, i love the little details you pour into your figures.
The helmet light, the shoulder insignia.. Thats what makes you one of the
great ones in my opinon!!

Now update your site!!! ;)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 11:16 PM »
This is an original, inventive and simply wonderful Mandalorian custom.

Extremely innovative use of parts accessories - the kama skirt, the pauldron, the boots.  He really doesn't look like just another Boba with a paint job, but a fresh and original character.

And, of course, the painting is absolutely top notch.

This is really terrific.  I tend to think that Mandalorians are a bit overrated, but I love this custom and it's probably the best custom Mando I've ever seen.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 12:46 AM »
I really like all of this one, especially:

The helmet - The lines on top just slightly resemble Republic Commando helmet lines, but it's very subtle, yet it gives it a meaner look than the stock Mando helmets

Boots - The spikes help set him apart from the largely flat-footed assortment of SW figures

Clipped pauldron - I've never considered doing that myself, and it looks awesome

Leather-like pouch belt - Where is this from?  I like it at the top of the kama.  He could store all kinds of killing accessories in there.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Excellent work over all. This guy tooks like one tough Mamma Jamma. The helmet is sweet, I like the add ons. The boots give him a very rugged look. The Baccara chest armor was a great touch as well. All together a very solid custom. I may have to borrow a few of these Ideas. ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 06:15 AM »
Aeseven,

That's a really great custom you have there for a character I'm not too familiar with.  I think I know who Jaster Mareel is from Bounty Hunter though (bare-armed Mandalorian BH guy?  Hates Jango?).

The colors match up to what I recall of Mareel's outfit...  They're unique.  I like the Republic COmmando nod with the visor too, a nice little touch.  I'm more into how you mixed up his duds though.  Like the pack on his back, if it's the one I'm thinking, is a small reserve parachute for the Elite Force WW2 figures and has a knuckleknife on it perhaps?  I can't see the pack too good but that's cool to me, and good use for that.

The aurabesh lettering is freaking awesome by the way.  I've dl'd aurabesh for my computer so I have it incase I want to print it out and use it for something (anything) in the future.  More people should make good use of the SW language like that as it's seen routinely in the films.

The gun looks cool and like a similar, but definitely unique weapon to Fett's sawed off blaster.

The Kama of course sets him off that much more...

If I had much of a suggestion, it's a removable helmet, but that's about it from me.  That's really cool though man, good painting for certain too.  Very nice man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2006, 01:07 PM »

Holy crap.  This is by far the best EU Mandalorian I have ever seen.  The paint apps are fantastic (as usual) but the overall design of the character is really well done.  I love the little tweaks (head lamp instead of antenna; kama; boots, RC visor), they look very Mandalorian-esque. 
I am also working on a Mandalorian custom yesterday but you've raised so high!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 06:54 PM »
That is an Awsome Mandalore!

I really like how you created the illusion of Blue Light in the Visor.  You are Deffinatly Tops when it come to paint.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006, 09:34 PM »
One of the best Mandalorian Commando custom's I've seen for as long time the paint apps and the different parts you've used are excellent .

Ron

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: SWG Mandalorian Commando *Update Feb 28*
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 08:07 PM »
I had so much fun doing the first Mandalorian that I decided he needed some more squadmates. When they're all finished, there will be five including the first one I did. I was gonna have only four, but thats too much like Republic Commando plus there was always more Mandos in a squad it seems like.

I'll be posting more individual pics soon, but this is the only pic that actually turned out decent. I haaaaave to get better lighting, lol, fluorescent is just not cutting it. Seems to wash out a lot of the detail:(

In any case, here's what the next three look like:)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: SWG Mandalorian Commando *Update Feb 28*
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 08:14 PM »
These guys look even better in my opinion.  I'm just floored with how awesome they look, like if Sideshow made 3-3/4" scale stuff.  Good choice using the 21st century head too.

:P