Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 106450 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2019, 05:15 PM »
I just picked up the new Cloud City finally...

It's $60 off on Amazon - did you buy it there or is it another case of "Rob buys, then Jeff saves"?

The $60 off Cloud City has been tempting me but I'm hesitant to go beyond the $800 Falcon for LEGO... next thing you know I'd be all-in for ESB LEGO sets and then all downhill from there. #holdthedoor

I've seen that and am holding out hope it goes a little further down to around $250 before I bite.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2019, 12:15 AM »
I just picked up the new Cloud City finally...

It's $60 off on Amazon - did you buy it there or is it another case of "Rob buys, then Jeff saves"?

The $60 off Cloud City has been tempting me but I'm hesitant to go beyond the $800 Falcon for LEGO... next thing you know I'd be all-in for ESB LEGO sets and then all downhill from there. #holdthedoor

Nope, thatís the price I bought it at.  I dumped another $80 worth of Amazon rewards in and it was $230 total after tax.

I managed to get my new Falcon for $400 before my buddy stopped working for LEGO, but the ISD is the next thing to tackle.  Iím not keeping duplicated of UCS sets, so I figure I can get a few hundred for the old Star Destroyer to cut into the cost.  Iím at least going to wait until a special lime May 4 next year...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 4, 2019, 11:42 AM »
I grabbed most of the 20th Anniversary sets off LEGO Shop for Triple Force Friday in order to get the special 20th Anniversary Endor micro build. They were price matching Amazon's prices, and then the same sets were a few dollars cheaper on Amazon, but oh well. I used some VIP points and wound up saving about $30 when it was all said and done. Just need to grab the Slave I, hopefully on sale, and I'll be done with the 20th line. Going to hold off on the new Rise of Skywalker sets until they hit the regular Walmart/Amazon discounts too.

Might I add that LEGO's new website design and VIP points layout is all HORRENDOUS. Really solidifies my decision to never buy direct from LEGO anymore unless I absolutely have to.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks