Author Topic: Gentle Giant Statues  (Read 53533 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Gentle Giant Statues
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2006, 08:52 AM »
CCG Armory.com

There you go, that works !  ;D

edit: now it does!  ;)  Jesse
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 01:22 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Thanks!! ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2006, 12:57 AM »
Gentle Giant's blog released info on the edition size for the Obi Clone statue - 2500 pieces.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline gasman034

• Youngling
  • Things are not as pretty on the inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 6, 2006, 10:51 PM »
I just received a Clone Wars Yoda Monument in the mail--very impressive in both size and mass.  But I'm quite disappointed as there was a 12-inch crack along Yoda's left leg running up towards the left arm of robe.  Am I the lucky winner of this defect, or are others finding similar condition problems with their's also?

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2006, 08:34 AM »
I had ordered one from Toynk.com, but have not received it or been charged. I wonder if they over-presold.

Now I have to figure out if I am bummed or relieved by that thought...

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2006, 06:37 AM »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 04:41 AM by jkno »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Well, I came home Monday to find a box the size of a recliner in the driveway. I haven't opened it yet, because getting yourself huge christmas presents doesn't always go over well. I am thinking I will have my wife tell the kids about it, and they can wrap it up as Daddy's big gift. That accomplishes two things, it gets the kids involved in the collection (always a good move) and it means it can't be sold in the future because it was from the kids.
Has anyone been encountering damage with these that I should worry about inspecting it?

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2006, 12:10 PM »
I just received a Clone Wars Yoda Monument in the mail--very impressive in both size and mass.  But I'm quite disappointed as there was a 12-inch crack along Yoda's left leg running up towards the left arm of robe.  Am I the lucky winner of this defect, or are others finding similar condition problems with their's also?

Are the statues made of resin? Because resin is pretty fragile. You can make awsome molds out of resin (no plastic or PVC can get to that accuracy), but they chip and crack pretty easily, and that heppened to a Buddha statue of mine years ago and then decided to not buy resin anymore, I go with PVC only. And there are a few beautiful Masamune Shirow Ghost in the Shell statues made of resin but I'll pass... :-\ The only exception wil lbe GG Leia Slave.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:11 PM by jkno »

Offline gasman034

• Youngling
  • Things are not as pretty on the inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2006, 02:13 AM »
It's hard to say exactly what the Clone Wars Yoda Monument was constructed from.  If I had to make an educated guess, I would say some type of plastic, perhaps PVC, or even fiberglass.  What I can say for sure is that the statue must weight some 40 pounds and that the crack was a clean one.  I've read elsewhere that many of these have been delivered in damaged condition, and I would highly recommend opening for inspection.  The packaging on this item was simply not up to the task of protecting such massive yet fragile contents.  I wrote GG directly about this oversight, and they admitted that fact.  They also said they were 'currently working with dealers and distributors to replace the damaged and defective pieces.'  I, unfortunately, purchased the item from a secondary seller (eBay), and GG's website clearly states that they are not responsible for damaged/defective items purchased in this manner.  As for the fate of my beloved collection cornerstone, that is a big unknown.  The item was insured for the purchase price, and the seller contacted UPS in regards to the damage.  UPS promptly arrived the next day to take my Yoda and his cardboard coffin away into limbo.  I was confused at their gesture (I thought they would just inspect the damage and give me the insured value), and in my discombobulated state, let the delivery guy cart him off into NeverNeverLand.  I have not heard from them or the seller since.  My only hope is that, some day in the distant future, I'll finally see a pristine giant package arrive on my doorstep and open it to find what can only be described as the ultimate Yoda collectible.  Wish me luck (I'll need it).

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2006, 07:52 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, I'll break him out tonight and check him over.  :-\

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2006, 07:29 AM »
Well, despite there being zero padding or clearance between yoda's ear and the flimsy box, it somehow survived unscathed. I will consider myself lucky, and shake my head at the way gentle giant packaged this thing. about 25 little plastic bags of chunks of styrofoam in one of the flimsiest big cardboard boxes I have ever seen. I am amazed any made the trip intact.

Good  luck with your claim Gasman. Hopefully you'll get your money back plus the damaged statue!

If you do, and you go purchase another, I would check toynk.com. They are based in chicago, and only charge 5.99 shipping no matter the size of package! They were also $50.00 cheaper than entertainmentearth.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 4, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Got my Royal Guard statue today.  NICE!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2007, 10:44 PM »
That new Jabba Statue and Rebo Band statues over at that otheR Site sure are nice looking, tempting enough to buy looking :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2007, 10:55 PM »
They definitely look good.  But the prices are getting a little too steep, and it seems like idea-wise Gentle Giant is behind the curve between Sideshow and Attakus.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2007, 11:41 PM »
It's a small pic, but for some reason the Jabba statue doesn't "do" it for me.  However, the Rebo Band looks great - it would be great if it played Lapti Nek!

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/GGSjabba.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/GGSband.jpg