Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307486 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #690 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Yeah, Toryyn Farr seems really likely.

I have no idea who this is....pic   ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 18, 2008, 11:34 PM »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 19, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Nice if we get Toryyn... but something tells me that if we do, we'll get a nice SA version of her before Hoth Leia...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #693 on: January 19, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Here was a clever way to ask about the BAF wave from BB:

"2.  I recently discovered I still had my old Droid Factory Playset.   Is there any chance of an updated version?  Or a build your own Astromech type set?

Well that's a very interesting question.  While there are no plans for
playsets in Star Wars, the play pattern you describe would be fun.  Stay
tuned…."
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 20, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Nice if we get Toryyn... but something tells me that if we do, we'll get a nice SA version of her before Hoth Leia...

Oh yeah.  Do not get me wrong.  I would like to have torryn but would much rather get Yarna or Beru first.  But yeah, it will be a kickass SA version of Torryn with a console to. 

Sucks about the playsets yet again.  Oh well.  At least the AT-TE is coming.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Sucks about the playsets yet again.

Yeah, never saw that answer coming. ;)  In any of the incarnations the question was asked this time either.   :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #696 on: January 21, 2008, 04:17 PM »
I am very surprised we are not getting at least one of the vintage figures not yet done. I have to say I am unhappy about that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #697 on: January 21, 2008, 04:36 PM »
I'm a little bummed, but it did say several for '09 though...  I can accept that.  2008's seemingly a hectic year.  It also seems like maybe they're not going to eye the OT as much.  Perhaps that's because of Clone Wars?  They'll be eyeing the prequal films that sort of lead into, and cap off that era...  It makes sense really, but I'm still disappointed as well, that we won't see a vintage figure makeover in '08.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 21, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Sucks about the playsets yet again.

Yeah, never saw that answer coming. ;)  In any of the incarnations the question was asked this time either.   :P

Well yeah it is certainly no surprise.  Besides they probably can't make a decent playset to save their toy lives anyway.   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #699 on: January 21, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Ya never know...  I think with their mentality fixed as it is that playsets need kids to buy them, there's definite precedent then that Hasbro would build the st to suit one age group over another, and thus it's not going to appeal to "us"...  Just never know what's up their sleeves though.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 21, 2008, 11:37 PM »
They rejected the list of unmade vintage for this year, yet claim much OTC goodness.  Evidently there are some unmade characters and/or resculpts coming then.  Toryn Farr is a good guess, and since they expressed interest in ewoks, we could get the mother/wokling or perhaps a resculpt of Wicket/Paploo/Logray.  Looks like we're getting several pilots in Evolutions, so maybe we'll get some Hoth versions, and very possibly resculpts of Hoth Troopers or RFTs.  We should get the obligatory 2 cantina denizens and maybe a Jabba palace creature or two.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 22, 2008, 09:52 AM »
What totally threw me this QnA is when discussing vehicle types in terms of what Hasblo won't do:

"do not have an inspiring design (Dooku's Solar Sailor)"

I personally thought Dooku's ship was an AWESEOME design and QUITE inspired. 
But that's just me......
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 22, 2008, 10:04 AM »
Looks like a slow year for OT (despite possible Evolutions stuff, maybe they consider the fact that Boba Fett is in the one Evo set, that they have the OT covered).

With PT and PT based EU filling the schedule this year, I'll just save up and move my resources the 25th Joe stuff.

I also take issue with Hasbro and their "Aggressive" comment on the Cloud Car..not to be too much of Geek on this but...name one of the few ship types in the OT to fire on the Millenium Falcon and Live to tell about it...that's right  Twin Pod Cloud Car....in fact since we never see one explode in the OT, it COULD be canon that they cannot be destroyed at all..how's that for aggressive.  I am sure we'll get it some day, but it will be re-imagined to fit the PT so it will be the "Clone-Pod" Cloud Clone Car.

It seems the vintage line may well be dead, which is sad, but at least they are looking at ways to find out how to charge OT collector's an extra dollar per figure, so they haven't completely forgotten us.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 22, 2008, 10:18 AM »
I kind of get the feeling that this year will be a little light on the OT as well.  I mean, I do collect the prequel stuff - and I'm excited for the Clone Wars - but I hope we get some OT goodness along the way as well.  Hasbro keeps telling us there will be OT, so I'm sure there will, but with the first three waves (at least what is rumored), along with the big EU, Force Unleashed, and Clone Wars pushes this year, there probably won't be a whole lot of slots left when its all said and done.  So much of what we've heard about OT figures seems to be as a "classic" line alongside Clone Wars, so I do hope the "line looks" (like cardbacks) are different enough so that we don't have trouble finding any new OT stuff due to the pile of Clone Wars Anakins and Obi-Wans on the pegs :).  I'm really looking forward to Toy Fair this year, because I can't remember a time when we had known/seen less of the year's offerings at this point than this year.

Also, I do hope the vintage line isn't ending totally.  I mean, I could see not being able to do the entire original vintage lineup, but there are enough main characters left to get another couple waves.  Sure, the increased price stinks, but I do like seeing those classic cardbacks :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #704 on: February 1, 2008, 06:14 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- no silver EU coin... :(
- maybe a non-Sullustan B-Wing pilot pack-in?
- no Toht in 2008 :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender