Author Topic: 30AC McQuarrie/Concept Figures  (Read 73085 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC McQuarrie/Concept Figures
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2007, 02:38 PM »
Man, these McQuarrie figures are awesome.  Loving the Han, Snowtrooper, Samurai Obi Wan and elf Yoda.  Good stuff.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2007, 03:07 PM »
I have to say that my original stance on these was pretty much hating them. They have all really grown on me except for Chewbacca.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2007, 06:12 PM »
This McSnowtrooper looks choice...

Not that I'll ever find it...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Not that I'll ever find it...

Way to be positive!!  ;)

Looks like it'll be two of him so I can display with each variant.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2007, 04:08 PM »
I spoke with the Hasbro rep in the hasbro booth at C4 after the Panel. I asked him to clarify if the concept grievous forthcoming if it is the 12th figure in the mcquarrie concept series of 12.
 He told me yes, even though it's not a Mcquarrie fig, it is the 12th. He said that the packaging will be like the others in the 12 except with the McQuarrie sig series line removed.

So,  if this is the 12th, then sadly no emperor I guess. :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2007, 05:04 PM »
I presume there are other McQuarrie drawings with other figures.  Based on that, I'd expect we'll see more McQ figures down the line, based on the substantial popularity
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2007, 05:43 PM »
I'll never understand Concept Grievous being included in the first 12 McFigures.

I thought having 12, and only 12, was a nice homage to the initial 12 Kenner figures released and having a prequel concept in there is the turd in the punch bowl of the series.

Plus, I wanted to make a cool shadow box framed presentation of the 12 carded Concept figures. Guess who won't be included.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 05:44 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2007, 05:49 PM »
#12 shoulda been a concept Hoth Rebel so the Snowie had someone to go toe-to-toe with him.  I'll take Grievous but he wasn't my first choice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2007, 07:19 PM »
#12 shoulda been a concept Hoth Rebel so the Snowie had someone to go toe-to-toe with him.  I'll take Grievous but he wasn't my first choice.

According to the list Scum posted with the names of all the figures which will be represented with stickers for the Hasbro 40pack of stands, there is a McQuarrie Rebel...

Rebel Trooper - McQuarrie Concept

So assuming Hasbro hasn't changed things up, the Wave 8 McQuarrie figure will be the Rebel Trooper. Hopefully, it's the Hoth trooper you're looking for JJ.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2007, 09:16 PM »
I could be incorrect but I think the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper is actually that Phal McQuarrie rebel hoth trooper with Ralph's head on the Major Drelin figure?  I might be wrong though?  I am surprised they did not make an Emperor concept figure.  Does the Emperor not sell well?  They never seem to capitilize on him that much.  We still don't have a nice ROTS Emperor figure (unless you count the Evolutions one but I hated that head sculpt).  They have not redone one since the ROTS release I don't believe.  I thought this year would have been prime time to release one.  Oh well.  Guess you can't make them all in a year but he's a main character in 2 of the 6 films. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2007, 10:06 PM »
I could be incorrect but I think the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper is actually that Phal McQuarrie rebel hoth trooper with Ralph's head on the Major Drelin figure?  I might be wrong though?  I am surprised they did not make an Emperor concept figure.  Does the Emperor not sell well?  They never seem to capitilize on him that much.  We still don't have a nice ROTS Emperor figure (unless you count the Evolutions one but I hated that head sculpt).  They have not redone one since the ROTS release I don't believe.  I thought this year would have been prime time to release one.  Oh well.  Guess you can't make them all in a year but he's a main character in 2 of the 6 films. 
Nope...there is still one final wave for the year...

Wave 9 - Attack of the Clones
  Clone Trooper
  Padme Amidala (Theed Dinner)
  Jango Fett with Poncho
  Voolvif Monn
  Destroyer Droid with Shield
  McQuarrie Concept Rebel Soldier
McQuarrie Rebel

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2007, 10:05 AM »
I'm just curious, is anyone re-thinking picking up 2 each of these with so many being (pricey) exclusives?  I started out wanting to keep a carded set as well (and have so far) - but with three of these sets ranging from $15 to $20, I'm starting to wonder if I should or not.  Right now, I have preorders that way, but I'm looking at $100 worth of extras by the end of this "sub line".  Oh well, I'll probably still try to keep up, but I have to say I've given it some extra thought lately.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:05 AM by Brian »

Offline Blackwolf13

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Omaha Fan Force
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2007, 10:40 AM »
I picked up McChewie yesterday. He is one rocking figure. He's huge. Gotta be 4" easy. He's just as ugly as the original painting. The only drawback is trying to get the BFG into his hand.

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
MCQ Boba in stock at HTS.co
« Reply #178 on: June 4, 2007, 02:44 PM »
McQ Boba is in stock at HTS.com!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 4, 2007, 09:33 PM »
The McSnow Trooper looks like it'll be my favorite McQuarrie figure.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m