Author Topic: Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
« on: February 21, 2007, 10:03 PM »
From SW.com....

The Battle of Mindor is one of the great conflicts of the Galactic Civil War that has yet to be documented in a novel, but best-selling author Matthew Stover is tackling this conflict as the subject matter of his new Star Wars novel.

Due out in February 2008, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor tells the tale of the Alliance's efforts to stop Lord Shadowspawn and his black-clad legions of shadow stormtroopers shortly after the destruction of the second Death Star. All the classic heroes return -- Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Lando, Threepio, Artoo and the pilots of Rogue Squadron -- in a thrilling adventure of good versus evil, with the fledgling New Republic battling the stubborn remains of a splintering Galactic Empire.

Matthew Stover is best-known for his acclaimed novelization of Revenge of the Sith, and his psychologically charged and challenging Star Wars novels Traitor and Shatterpoint. Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor is due out in hardcover in February 2008 from Del Rey Books.

To be honest, I've never heard of the Battle of Mindor Endor Shmendor, or "Lord Shadowmort", it seems a tad forced to me.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:07 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 11:31 AM »
To be honest, I've never heard of the Battle of Mindor Endor Shmendor, or "Lord Shadowmort", it seems a tad forced to me.

You never heard of it?  It was only one of the greatest battles ever!

It was before they defeated Lord Puffington Pufferson and his Pufftroopers, but after they defeated Admiral Crunch and his Seatroopers.  You know, right around the time they stopped off at Living Island to visit HR Pufnstuff. 

Get with the times, man!   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
Re: Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:32 PM »
i really wish they'd flesh out stories from the old days, like the whole lumiya story-arc from the eighties with a novel, rather than devoting an entire book to something insider writers came up with. the title is extremely lame and across between a Harry Potter title and sad LOTR fanon.

but still I'm sadly interested in this dung, i just wish they'd come up with a better retcon for lukes lack of military title than he wiped out an entire army to the last man. seems like this would have mentioned alot in the books that take place after. its not like theres a whole nineteen years that take place between this and heir to the empire. i mean i can understand obi-wan not slapping han solo up the head and screaming "yo man the force saved my bacon plenty o times, hell i even used a stinking blaster to toast General Grievous!". but this kinda takes the cake, and i can only imagine what great new plot holes are to be created.(Labyrinth of Evil vs Clone wars season 3,Path of Destruction vs Jedi Vs Sith)

and personally i 'm not a big stover fan, he's gotta be the only writer aside from travvis whom deviates from the structure of the other books making it really hard to transition between them and others. travvis is more like frank herbert, stover really just seems to go for extreme gore and over describing peoples thoughts and or impersonations of EVERYTHING!

but i gotta say the title really fits with what this follows in the timeline, one thing I'm really afraid of is this ShadowSpawn guy being retconed into surviving this battle and being the true enemy of Jacen Solo in LOTF.(well aside from himself.)