Author Topic: Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?  (Read 13575 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering TSC Cases?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Thanks Ricardo, I was just wondering if EE had been shipping out as well.  I presumed they had, it was unlikely that Newforce would have received them without EE receiving them as well. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11 PM »
I've been considering doing this myself with EE.  $80 for a case isn't bad at all, especially when you considering the extra cash spent on gas and the time wasted.  Based on everyone's experience, are there often times where you find the stuff in a store before you receive your case from EE?  I'm sure it's bound to happen from time to time, I'm just wondering if it can be a regular event.

John

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 10:30 PM »
It does happen sometimes, but you can always cancel the order before it ships. I have really decreased my trips recently, choosing to wait for my cases to arrive for Tatooine and VTSC. If I happen to run into either while I am at the store, I can get me my extra troopers-

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 07:55 AM »
I've decided on the next wave to order online, exercise some patience, and get my case from EE and some of the duplicates from BBTS.
I actually ordered a case of the Tatooine wave from EE yesterday. The case breakdown is
2x Momaw Nadon (Cantina Alien "Hammerhead", Saga #31), 2x Darth Vader (Bespin Battle, Saga #38), 2x Sandtrooper (Saga #37), 2x R5-D4 (Saga #32), 1x Hem Dazon (Cantina Alien "Goldeyes", Saga #33), 1x Garindan (Cantina Aliens "Long Snoot/Snitch", Saga #34), 1x Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Poncho and Hat, Saga #36), 1x Han Solo (Cantina, Saga #35). 
With shipping the case is like $93 which is like $7.75 per figure which is not that much more than what I pay to Target or TRU, or even Walmart. By the time gas and lost time is thrown in, I think I will be ahead on this. I'm off track right now, but when I go back I am taking some classes online for my teaching certificate, and between planning, class, my other technology class, etc, my time for hunting will go way down until July 1. So ordering online made more sense to me. On downer is they will hit retail before I see this case from EE, but on the up side, I know EE will ship this case. I like the ratio's also (except they could have put in an extra Hem in and taken a Vader out. I'll admit it here, since I firmly believe the Vader is a rehash of the 500th Vader again, I'll take him back to Target using one of my figure receits there for $6.99. Other than that, I like the ratios of the case.
I'll also keep my BBTS order since I will use them to fill in one or two extras that I still want.! Only way to go I believe especially since gas will be over $3.00 a gallon before Memorial Day and then into June for the summer driving season. Price gauging in my  opinion but that is for anthoer thread in Watto's.   

"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Time is the key issue with me too.  I only get to stop at one WM a week, and I never find anything.

And like you said, gas is a key issue as well.  I am afraid we'll hit $4 by Labor Day.

BTW, that case breakdown for the Tatooine wave could be better, I agree.  I'd like to have two each of Hem and only one of the Vader.  I swear I have four extra "500th" Vaders now because of the cases I bought!

:P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Heard back from Rick today and though he wouldn't outright state it, if you haven't received your wave 3.x case from Newforce, you probably won't.  He's still waiting on them but it doesn't look good he said. 

He's expecting his VOTC shortly (this week or next) and hopes for a full alotment of cases. 

So we're back to the old days again where Newforce doesn't necessarily get its full order amount.  That's really frustrating because I like supporting them, but I hate not receiving what I ordered.  It's looking like I may as well pay EE and at least get what I ordered. :-\

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Ditto here.  That sucks.  I rather buy from Rick than anyone else.  Oh well.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

SilverZ

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Heard back from Rick today and though he wouldn't outright state it, if you haven't received your wave 3.x case from Newforce, you probably won't.  He's still waiting on them but it doesn't look good he said. 

Well there's a big surprise. Sorry, but I can't order from a place that doesn't deliver, even if hit's run by the nicest of folks. It's unfortunate that he's losing business because of Hasbro, though. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 09:50 AM »
With some pegwarming starting to happen with the Hoth remnants, Geonosis bugs, and some Vaders - I'm starting to consider ordering a case of the Tatooine wave from EE.  I'm really looking forward to that wave, and I'd hate to miss out on them because of the pegs being packed with these.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 10:08 PM »
No surprise to anyone on the Wave 3 (UGH Cases) stuff, but I thought I'd post it to offer some hope for those who ordered the VTSC from them...

From NewForce:
Reposting: SW Vintage update, wave 3 update
April 26, 2006 | 8:25 PM | newforce1

Apparently our posting was accidentally removed. Our first delivery of the VOTC is scheduled to arrive today. Hasbro has emailed that as soon as they get their next shipment (some product still arriving into Hasbro) in earlly May, we will receive balance of allocation at that point to ship presells. We listed a May/June release in our presell info, and while many major stores have received (they always get product first), I am confident to receive balance of product as ordered with hasbro, based on correspondance with them. As always, we never discourage folks from procuring at local majors and saving their receipts, if they locate now. This provides some security for our customers, as we are beyond the cancelation request period of this case.
Further, we had received a large quantity of what we posted as wave 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. To date, we have received no further allocations, and have yet to receive a single case of 3.4 on. We are awaiting on Hasbro to confirm further receipt, or cancel balance of our order, and will update here once we know.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 10:35 PM »
So none of 3.4 :o  Well at least I wasn't alone when I got pooched.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Ordering TSC Figures by the Case?
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 10:30 PM »
Some 3.4 as of last night.  Maybe we will get lucky.  I would have to return a few figs if he comes through but I am hopeful.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2006, 02:15 PM »
EE IS WAY BEHIND ON THEIR SHIPMENTS. THEY DID NOT EVEN RECEIVE THEIR WAVE 3 IN YET. STORES IN CHICAGOLAND ARE USALLY EMPTY WITH SOME SCRAPS. ORDERING BY THE CASE IS A GOOD IDEA. I WAS STARTING TO DO THAT BUT THEN I FIND THEM IN STORES AND HAVE TO CANCEL. ITS A TOUGH CALL.
I HAD THIS EXPERIENCE WITH THE WAVE 4 AND VSTC.

I WILL HAVE TO CHECK OUT NEW FORCE ITS SOUNDS GREAT.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2006, 02:33 PM »
EE IS WAY BEHIND ON THEIR SHIPMENTS. THEY DID NOT EVEN RECEIVE THEIR WAVE 3 IN YET. STORES IN CHICAGOLAND ARE USALLY EMPTY WITH SOME SCRAPS. ORDERING BY THE CASE IS A GOOD IDEA. I WAS STARTING TO DO THAT BUT THEN I FIND THEM IN STORES AND HAVE TO CANCEL. ITS A TOUGH CALL.
I HAD THIS EXPERIENCE WITH THE WAVE 4 AND VSTC.

I WILL HAVE TO CHECK OUT NEW FORCE ITS SOUNDS GREAT.

Don't fault EE or other e-tailers for lack of case shipments, blame Hasbro for not meeting demand.

EE did infact receive Wave 3 shipments because I received mine on 2-23, which I pre-ordered 11-10-05.  If you want your figs before retail or at the same time as retail, that is more than likely not going to happen.  If you want your figs a few weeks after retail, in untouched/mint condition, and 99.9% guarantee what you order will arrive on your doorstep, than order as soon as it is up on EE, or your prefered online store. 

Remember first come, first serve.

-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 10:10 PM »

Don't fault EE or other e-tailers for lack of case shipments, blame Hasbro for not meeting demand.

EE did infact receive Wave 3 shipments because I received mine on 2-23, which I pre-ordered 11-10-05.  If you want your figs before retail or at the same time as retail, that is more than likely not going to happen.  If you want your figs a few weeks after retail, in untouched/mint condition, and 99.9% guarantee what you order will arrive on your doorstep, than order as soon as it is up on EE, or your prefered online store. 

Remember first come, first serve.

You ae correct, I am not faulting them. But I ordered around the same time you did and they sent me an email saying Hasbro shiiped late. A local store called TOYNK is really getting screwed by Hasbro. Its sad they dont seem to care about the little guys.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/