Author Topic: ACME Character Keys  (Read 124702 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: ACME Character Keys
« Reply #150 on: May 7, 2007, 10:48 PM »
We'll have to keep an eye on this one guys. It can be almost as bad as mini-busts.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2007, 07:36 PM »
From Morly at RS on the Tarkin preorder:

OK, THIS IS IT, GUYS:

The 200 keys for NON-ATTENDEES will go on sale Tuesday, May 15th, at 10am, PST. Again, PLEASE do not buy one of these if you are going to the show. It's kind of a crappy thing to do since you have an opportunity to get one from a much larger pool of keys!

The pre-order for ATTENDEES to pick up their keys at the show will take place two days later, Thursday, May 17th, at 10am.

We have set up a new site to take care of all of this. The site can be found at the following address:

Character Key Website

Good luck to everyone!

-Morly

Attendee Pre-Order Information

The Grand Moff Tarkin Character Key will be available for pre-order for customers attending Celebration IV. Attendee pre-orders can only be picked up at our booth (#404) and will not be shipped. Orders not picked up by 12 noon on Monday, May 24th will be canceled and offered to walk-up attendees on a first come, first serve basis. Please bring your order receipt with you when picking up. Celebration IV begins Thursday, May 24th and ends Monday, May 28th. We hope to see you there.

Non-Attendee Pre-Order Information

For our customers not attending Celebration IV, Acme will make available a quantity of 200 character keys for order online. These keys will not ship until June 1st.

There is a limit of one (1) piece per person - either Attendee or Non-Attendee. Please do not order from both pre-sales as we will be cross-referencing the lists in order to enforce the limit of one per person. Non-Attendee orders will not be available for pick up at our booth. There is an additional $3.00 shipping and handling flat fee for our Non-Attendee orders. Finally, PLEASE do not order one of the 200 Non-Attendee character keys if you are in fact going to attend Celebration IV. Thank you.

200 eh, this is going to go fast!  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2007, 01:25 AM »
What do these usually cost?  I kinda collect all things Tarkin and would like to have this if it's generally cheap enough. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2007, 01:29 AM »
$30. US.

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2007, 01:41 PM »
Another pre-order awesome just buy and pick up there always a good deal. This celebration I can actually enjoy it and not have to run around like a crazy person trying for these exclusives only need 2 and I'm done.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2007, 08:45 AM »
I;m sure there will be some lower profile exclusives we will find out about there...  :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Ordered my Tarkin key through the non-attendees process.  Smooth as silk.  ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2007, 01:10 PM »
Ordered my Tarkin key through the non-attendees process.  Smooth as silk.  ;D

Likewise, that was a pleasant experience. 

There was some humor though.  I figured I won't bother Jim/chuckles, I'll get it shipped to my home.  They're offering up USPS shipping so that's fine by me (usually).  Enter my correct information for home and the cheaper USPS shipping is $23.45  :o  Backed up a step in a mad panic expecting them to be gone, plunk in Jim's MN addy and paid $3 for FedEx shipping instead.  I can wait. 

Clicking through after I finished my order you could still get one into the cart.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Shoot, looks like I missed the boat on this one.  We had a doctor's appointment this morning, so I wasn't at the computer when they went up.  Oh well, I'm sure it went quickly anyways.  Congrats to you guys for having a good experience with ordering though.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Yeap, I just checked, they are gone like the wind...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Ok, I'm not sure what is going on, but I went to ACME's site again, and was able to place a non-attendee order without any problem.  We'll see what happens I guess.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Ok, I'm not sure what is going on, but I went to ACME's site again, and was able to place a non-attendee order without any problem.  We'll see what happens I guess.

Could be somebody double ordered and they checked up on them?  I liked that they put in the caveat that you can only order once, either pre or attendee and they'll be cross-referencing.  It hurts the folks that are trying to help others out, but it will help annoy the re-sellers, so that's a plus. 

I received my confirmation email as well, so that's just ducky.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Congrats on getting one guys, I hope I can get the attendee one on Thursday.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2007, 03:52 PM »
The orders went so smoothly it was kind of surreal.  A very nice clean system, even from my crappy phone hook up at work.  From what Morly said, it took about 20 minutes to go through 200. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2007, 08:23 PM »
Attendee preorders go up tomorrow, I hope I can get one.  :)