And yes, 36 is my new 20. I've sat down and tried to figure out how may I would need of each Imperial to make a battalion.
Well don't keep that kind of intel to yourself....share the break down.
I used SW insider as the basis for the break downs where a Squad = 9, a Platoon = 36 (4 Squads,) a Company = 144 (4 Platoons,) and a Battalion = 576 (4 Companies.) Since there are only 12 movie fodder types of Imperial Troopers that have been produced (I think the only one lacking is the non-ranked tunic officer and perhaps the spacetrooper from ANH,) larger quanities of each figure are need. Here's my take on a Battalion:
- All platoons; Stormtroopers (144.) Btwn Votc, CT and converted sandies, I'm at 144
- 1st platoon; Sandtroopers (36.) I'm at 36, POTJ, Evo and Saga2
- 2nd platoon; Scout troopers (36.) I'm at 33, all Vtsc
- 3rd platoon; Snow troopers (36.) I'm at 35 with POTF2 and Saga
- 4th platoon; special ops (EU)
- 1st Squad; Blackhole/Shadowtrooper (9) I'm at 8
- 2nd Squad; 501st stormtroopers (9) I'm at 9
- 3rd Squad; concept troopers (9) I'm at 2
- 4th Squad; (9) haven't quite figures this one out. Might be 2 teams of 4, Darktroopers and Space troopers with a comic book trooper as Squad leader. Or a squad of which ever ones I can get more of.
I'm at 3 Darktroopers and 2 Space troopers
- 1st Platoon; Imperial Troopers (36) I'm at 7, POTF2
- 2nd Platoon; Gunners (36) I'm at 36, all Saga 2
- 3rd Platoon; Jr. officers, black jumpsuit (36) I'm at 18
- 4th Platoon; Jr. officers/technicians, greay jumpsut (36) I'm at 19, 5 are customs
- 1st Platoon; TIE Fighter Pilots (36) I'm at 18
- 2nd Platoon; At-St Drivers (36) I'm at 14 with Imp Forces and Han Drivers
- 3rd Platoon; At-A Drivers (36) I'm at 29
- 4th Platoon; Command
Ranked Officers (18) I'm at 18 with some customs.
Royal Guards (18) I'm at 15 from all modern releases