Author Topic: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74  (Read 59825 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74
« Reply #105 on: February 3, 2007, 10:50 PM »
I found these this am, but the case had appo, kashyyk, jedi luke, scorch, 2 yodas, a green clone from aotc, vader's droid, an obi wan, R5-A1, just a strange mix really. I was looking at vader's droid, and I thought there was an error on the spelling of darth listed somewhere (I'll go thread hunting in a moment to find it) but I noticed mine has a grammatical error on the back figure summary. It reads: "The outer darkness of his fighter and droid mirror the inner darkness of new the sith lord"  Looks like Yoda's writing copy for Hasbro.
Also Maces droid had a Fett holo, maybe this is old news too, but I expected a good guy-

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=/image_bank/misc/DSC06607-1.JPG

mine doesn't have this error. I wonder if this is a foreign card?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 4, 2007, 07:14 AM »
Thanks for the link Jay- interesting that they corrected Dark to Darth, but not the "new the sith lord" part. These things don't have the panic power they had in 95, but they are still interesting oddities about the products and the processes behind the scenes.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 4, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Mine says new the Sith Lord as well.  Never even paid attention to it the first time I read it.  Thanks Dan, or maybe no thanks as I may need to track down a "corrected" version.  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 4, 2007, 03:25 PM »
hasbros a bunch of illiterate morons, with this and also the whole mace windu BP misspelling, and kit's 'starfigher'.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 5, 2007, 01:00 AM »
hasbros a bunch of illiterate morons, with this and also the whole mace windu BP misspelling, and kit's 'starfigher'.

He says as he omits the capital letter at the beginning of his sentence, forgets the apostrophe in Hasbro's, adds superfluous commas and leaves the period outside his quotes.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #110 on: February 5, 2007, 08:38 AM »

He says as he omits the capital letter at the beginning of his sentence, forgets the apostrophe in Hasbro's, adds superfluous commas and leaves the period outside his quotes.  ;)

Owned.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 5, 2007, 09:12 AM »
We traveled to the Wal-Mart on the other side of town this weekend, and they happened to have some of the exclusive wave there, so I was able to pick up what I wanted from this wave.  I left the Aurra, but gone one each of the others.  I always enjoy more astromechs, and I missed the Cantina aliens the first time around so I was happy to pick those up too.  I was glad to find them, because our local WM doesn't seem to have a chance of seeing these anytime soon (or ever).  The amount of Naboo/Endor/Greatest Battles figures there is unbelievable right now.

Just as a side note, all three of the Cantina figures I picked up had Attack of the Clones stands, but the others I picked up from Wave 9 (and also Mace's astromech) had the correct ROTS stands.  I never saw the Padme or Yareal Poof figures though.  Also, others have mentioned this, but although I was happy to get those Cantina figures (I didn't have them previously) they really do look out of place with the current line's sculpting/articulation at this point (especially Labria).
« Last Edit: February 5, 2007, 03:43 PM by Brian »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 5, 2007, 07:56 PM »

Sue me. That doesn't change the point of my post.  ::)  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: February 5, 2007, 09:50 PM »
No but I think Anton's point is it invalidates it somewhat. :)  I mean my grammar's nothing to write home about either of course, but it's the whole "those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" thing...  It's a mass produced thing, errors slip through...  A spelling/grammatical error isn't any worse (in fact it's much lower on my radar personally) than a misapplied paint application or 2 left feet on a Clone...  Those are the errors I wish they were ALWAYS careful about, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 5, 2007, 10:51 PM »
They can mis-spell all they want as long as they articulate the knees, elbows and wrists properly.....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: February 5, 2007, 11:25 PM »
Now that's smart collecting folks.   :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 6, 2007, 09:36 AM »
No but I think Anton's point is it invalidates it somewhat. :)  I mean my grammar's nothing to write home about either of course, but it's the whole "those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" thing... 

Exactly Jesse, if you're going to call someone an illiterate moron, you had better make sure the statement/accusation is not illiterate itself.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: February 6, 2007, 04:13 PM »
Consider it helpful ball busting. :)  It happens.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 6, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Yup, educational nut bashing all the way.  I was contemplating doing it myself but I knew someone else would do the honors.  Anton gets the cigar.  And that's his second one, the first cigar came when he divulged that he has "18 in hand".

:)
« Last Edit: February 6, 2007, 04:15 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2007, 10:06 PM »
I finally came across this elusive wave last week for only the second time ever.  Have these been as tough to find in other areas lately?  Doesn't seem like there's been much discussion on them of late.  From the pile that I came upon, Aurra and Mace's droid were definitely picked over much more than the Cantina aliens (7 of each left), not surprising.  I don't have my old POTF2 cantina aliens handy, but does anyone have a comparison shot between the two Kabes, Labrias, and Kitiks?  Are there any noticeable paint app differences with them? (the Nabrun is obvious)

As usual, I bought a few too many of these WM exclusives when I saw them last week, and now have an extra complete set of them, all MOMC, if anyone's still in need of them.  Check out my classifieds post if you're interested.