Author Topic: What is with you guys?  (Read 6530 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: What is with you guys?
« Reply #15 on: August 5, 2006, 08:08 PM »
No, he did make a commitment to buy the figures.

There's not really any such thing as a commitment until the money is handed over.  

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 5, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Dammit..I saw this and HAD to address it...you have A feedback here and the count of 0. If you were to deal with me I would demand you participate in your end of the deal first because of your feedback rating or no deal. I've done this many times in here with folks with low feedback and since they wanted to make the deal they complied. Your Information of any kind or sort about rebelscum is insignificant here to the power of the Jedidefender community.

He even made me hold my end up first.....ME :o! I've had a great time trading here...I used to be a lot more active on RS, but once I made the switch here it was a clean slate. And remember...this is the internet, not real estate, you don't really have penalties for getting cold feet halfway through. If I feel unsure about a deal, I've got no pity for the person on the recieving end of that feeling when I back out.

EDIT: Sorry DS, butchered that quote.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 08:11 PM by Jediknight760071 »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 5, 2006, 08:13 PM »
agreed, Rob-good point. I don't appreciate you calling Jack a loser either..as several in THIS very thread have already mentioned..he has done nothing to deserve that title. What? We're all wrong and you're right?

And.. you keep mentioning 'several' 'many' ect. I went over your class and trades section and feedback. I saw 1 reply from 1 guy 1 reneged deal for above said reasons which make it a legit reneg. So, why are you exaggerating the numbers of folks here?

TheDS

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #18 on: August 5, 2006, 08:24 PM »
So, why are you exaggerating the numbers of folks here?

Exaggerating the number of folks who have done bad business with him, exaggerating his volume of feedback here, exaggerating how much "lost money" someone else is "responsible" for...

Top that off with a really strange idea of what constitutes a "deal"...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 5, 2006, 08:27 PM »

And.. you keep mentioning 'several' 'many' ect. I went over your class and trades section and feedback. I saw 1 reply from 1 guy 1 reneged deal for above said reasons which make it a legit reneg. So, why are you exaggerating the numbers of folks here?

TheDS

I was wondering about the "many" member comment posted in the first post.  Like others have said no deal has been made until the money is sent out.  At least the guy told you he didn't want to go through it two days after PMing you.  If you did have to lose other people's offer maybe you should email/pm them saying that the origianl deal fell through and the figures are now for sale again.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 5, 2006, 09:24 PM »
I've made a buttload of sales within the last few months and all have gone extremely well.  There were a few people who wanted something and then decided they didn't.  No big deal, just relist them and move on.  There's no sense bitching and moaning about it.

So you can't take paypal.  Did you state that in your post?  Would have saved you a lot of trouble if you did. 

Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 6, 2006, 12:20 AM »
I think it would be best for the 2 parties in question to keep this to a PM or e-mail.

No, he did make a commitment to buy the figures.

There's not really any such thing as a commitment until the money is handed over. 

Ditto! No harm, no foul. 

I also lost the money because I turned other people away because that loser told me that he was going to buy the figures then came up with excuses not to.

I will say that name calling does not sit well here so please keep it civil.

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 6, 2006, 12:15 PM »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 04:16 AM by jkno »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: August 8, 2006, 03:12 PM »
This is completely ridiculous to see a topic like this pop up here at JD, since this is by far the safest board to trade Star Wars stuff on.  As was mentioned earlier, just check our Bad Trader thread, and you'll see there's virtually nothing "bad" that's ever happened here from trading/buying/selling.  I think we've had two or three questionable incidents pop up over the past 4 years, one of which the staff got involved with to bring about a positive trading conclusion, and a couple of which were actually just transactions on other boards that were mentioned over here just to give everyone a head's up.  Other than that, this board has maintained a completely flawless record of trading since it's inception.

Sorry if you feel you're getting stiffed here, Hashmanati, but you're dead wrong about the trading that goes on at this board.

- Matt