Author Topic: Other boards  (Read 9849 times)

Offline ponda barfly

• Youngling
  • he doesnt like you
    • View Profile
Re: Other boards
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2003, 05:38 PM »
well i mostly posted at scum but moving buissness over here now, think ill check in there every once in a while, still a lot of friends there that need encouraging over here ;D
posted once at gh.com and it was totally ignored so never go there anymore plus it has little or no traffic.

i was wondering people being banned was mentioned in this post, who were they? and what did they do? cant really talk about it over there or ill get banned ;D

cheers barfly

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2003, 06:37 PM »
Check a few posts back barfly.  It was Jango Fettish because of that banner he created there.  I think that was it though.

As for me, I had been a lurker at RS for quite a while, probably over a year.  I enjoyed browsing the posts and reading people's thoughts on stuff, but never actually registered and posted over there.  I think that was most likely due to me fearing for my life if I said something that someone disagreed with there.  Seems like a lot of fighting and personal attacks, and very little respect for their fellow members over there.  I never really wanted to subject myself to that potentially happening to me.

I saw in a few cool posts the JD links in some sigs over there, followed them here, and noticed a totally different atmosphere.  Fun (and civil) forums here, and I feel like I can finally participate too!   8)

I've browsed a couple other SW forums from time to time, but nothing really caught my eye or held my attention.  So this is pretty much the only place that I hang my hat!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 2, 2003, 12:59 AM »
Jedidefender
GH
RS (tragic, really)
Snowtroopers.ca eh?
Simpsonscollectorsector - but not a whole lot, just when I need to
McFarlane.com - the truly dark side

and a couple of science related sites, my other passion.  If you need to find me, I'm always Morgbug. ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 2, 2003, 04:56 PM »
I post at

The SCS
Spawn.com
SportsPicksArena
RS
Ernies House of Whoop Ass
and now here
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 2, 2003, 05:16 PM »
SLC, you have the same name at sportspicksarena and spawn?  I'm not there all that much, but I don't remember seeing the same username.  What McFarlane do you collect?  There's a thread around here somewhere...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

obi_robz

« Reply #35 on: June 2, 2003, 05:28 PM »
Only RS.

I’m trying to give it up (I know it’s bad for me), but the traffic there is so high that you get responses quite quickly and the large number of European members means that there’s lots of people in my time zone.

The downside is that it seems to attract more than it’s fair share of nasties.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #36 on: June 2, 2003, 05:41 PM »
I used to haunt RS quite a bit, but for many of the reasons already stated here, I don't much anymore.  Let's just say I'm oh so glad I found this place.

My main other haunts would be:

www.thewriter.net
www.bufffybb.net

I also lurk around GH, TheForce.Net, www.lordoftheringsguide.net, the Simpon's Collector Sector, some others.  

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 2, 2003, 05:45 PM »
SLC, you have the same name at sportspicksarena and spawn?  I'm not there all that much, but I don't remember seeing the same username.  What McFarlane do you collect?  There's a thread around here somewhere...
I use the screenname BlakChamber for Spawn and SPA.  I collect the NHL sportspicks, and other assorted McFarlane figures that catch my eye, like the matrix ones

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 2, 2003, 07:05 PM »
I post at
Ernies House of Whoop Ass

What is your username over there? I like the forums for the laughs.Only took me 3 days to get banned. ;D

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 2, 2003, 07:07 PM »
What is your username over there? I like the forums for the laughs.Only took me 3 days to get banned. ;D
LOL...I'm Cosmo over there.  I don't post a whole lot though

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 3, 2003, 01:04 PM »
I'm on austinfanforce.org as Hung Solow

I'm wookieinmypocket on eBay.

I'm the_spice_must_flow on dreamersofdune.com  

Y'all should check out dreamersofdune.com.  They have a Dune vs. Star Wars thread.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist